fight for oil

Please visit this area and participate in various diffrent topics of discussion.
hollandmad3

fight for oil

Post by hollandmad3 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:02 pm

:) i am a big believer in our country and freedom but when we are fighting in Iraq to seize their oil and take over their country I have to draw the line
RichardLowry
Author of Gulf War Chronicles
Your Gulf War Unit: Military Historian and Author

Post by RichardLowry » Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:22 am

If we are fighting to seize their oil, how come our gas prices are so high? If we are fighting to take over their country, how come we helped to set up an Iraqi government and supported free elections?

It is always best to have the facts before coming to a conclusion.
SGT_JDC
Recruit
Your Gulf War Unit: Please add your Unit

Not fighting for oil.

Post by SGT_JDC » Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:04 pm

Saddam refused to allow UN inspectors to do their job. Other nations allowed to UN inspector to get turned down too.

So America said if you are not going to look for Weapons of MAss Destruction We will.

In order to do the inspections we had to take down Saddams government.

We did that with two things in mind, First was we did find some WMD, not what we think is still buried but we did it.

Next was to free the Iraqi people of the totalitarion regime, to improve HUMAN RIGHTS. We have done that.

NOw it is to help establish a governement and allow them to team together for a Consistution allowing all people certian freedoms.

Its in the works.
They are having Saddams trial.
They are working on their Constitution.
They have more Humans Rights.

Freedom is never free it is paid for in blood.
Ours and theirs.

So had we allowed Saddam to continue he rein of terror to continue, all the deaths of our ancestors in WW-I, WW-II, would mean nothing totally nothing.

If it was for oil we would not be were we are today in fuel prices.

It is sad that non-military people cannot see this.
JDC
SGT_JDC US Army Retired
Medically retired due to health problems GWS.
Big Lew
Vet
Your Gulf War Unit: C Btry 6th BN/1st FA

Re: fight for oil

Post by Big Lew » Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:48 am

hollandmad3 wrote::) i am a big believer in our country and freedom but when we are fighting in Iraq to seize their oil and take over their country I have to draw the line
What rock have you been hiding under?? And were do you get this "we" crap? I don't see a rifle in your hands! You can "draw" that line all you want to, but the wind will just keep blowin' it away! Get the facts straight!
C-Btry 6th BN, 1st FA
Pinder Barracks, Zirndorf
Rose Barracks, Vilseck(GRAF)
"STEEL ON TARGET!"
Big Lew
Vet
Your Gulf War Unit: C Btry 6th BN/1st FA

Post by Big Lew » Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:42 am

hollandmad3, click on this link, maybe it'll remind you why we're there!

http://members.cox.net/classicweb/email.htm
C-Btry 6th BN, 1st FA
Pinder Barracks, Zirndorf
Rose Barracks, Vilseck(GRAF)
"STEEL ON TARGET!"
SSGRONFIN
Recruit

Post by SSGRONFIN » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:57 pm

hollandmad3 wrote::) i am a big believer in our country and freedom but when we are fighting in Iraq to seize their oil and take over their country I have to draw the line
You're a believer alright, maybe too much in fairy tales. I haven't seen a drop of oil "seized" since the Gulf War, or Operation Iraqi Freedom. How about picking up a book to start the fight against ignorance. :roll:

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:17 pm

SSGRONFIN wrote: How about picking up a book to start the fight against ignorance. :roll:
Probably already has,
The only hitch is that the author
is Michael Moore.

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:55 pm

do you think had we not gone in, our oil would be in fine supply?

doubtful, what with the increasing tensions our oil supply from Iraq would have been cut off. And prices would have increased.