questionable?

This forum is the place to tell us what you think about this website!
Hawk
Soldier
Your Gulf War Unit: Please add your Unit

questionable?

Post by Hawk » Sat Sep 06, 2003 5:36 am

this site seems to mimic an older vets site the patriot files, perhaps you have been there Scott?
I am only one but I am one. I can not do everything but I can Do something And because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do What I can do I should do And what I should do by the grace of God I will do. Edward E. Hale
troutster
Vet

Post by troutster » Sat Sep 06, 2003 12:21 pm

Hawk,

I've never even heard of the site you mentioned. Perhaps you could provide a link. Google turns up http://www.patriotfiles.com which I've noticed you are poster on, but the only similarity I see is that we both use similar message board software.

Seeing as how I started work on this site back in 1997 (when I hosted off Geocities.com) I'm confident that whatever similarities you see are just coincidence.

Also, thanks for asking this here with an accusatory subject. I think you will find most of the people here have been here from near the beginning and I'm sure won't appreciate your approach to this.

Enjoy your stay here at the boards. I'm glad you have found the site. Our members are a good bunch of people, just looking to help each other out and have some good discussions.

Feel free to drop me an email at webmaster@desert-storm.com

Scott
Hawk
Soldier

Post by Hawk » Sat Sep 13, 2003 1:38 am

Scott,
Apperently you misunderstood my intentions, I was only expressing the interesting similiarities between your two sites. By the way another interesting Gulf War site is:
http://www.gulfweb.org

8) :wink: 8)

I did find the above on your links page but was unable to access it from your links page :?: the site is still avalible through the link above but not on your links page :wink:
Last edited by Hawk on Sat Sep 13, 2003 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am only one but I am one. I can not do everything but I can Do something And because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do What I can do I should do And what I should do by the grace of God I will do. Edward E. Hale
Hawk
Soldier

links not working

Post by Hawk » Sat Sep 13, 2003 6:39 am

none of the links on your links page seem to be working all I get is page unavalible. :cry: perhaps I am doing something wrong :? I click on the link but all I get is page unavalible? :cry: :cry: any ideas? :?:
troutster
Vet

Post by troutster » Sun Sep 14, 2003 5:03 pm

Thanks for the heads up about the links page. I'll fix that up tonight.

Thanks again.
troutster
Vet

Post by troutster » Tue Sep 16, 2003 6:52 pm

Hey There!
Just a quick update. I've fixed the Links page. Those messed up links were a remnant of some scripting that used to be in place on the site.

Should all be working now!!

Thanks Again,
Scott