Desert-Storm.com Community Forums

Community for Discussing the Gulf War.

A portion of any sale supports this site.

It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Soldier City
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:11 pm 
Vet

Just wanted to post a quick reminder to everyone. Soldier City is the one and only sponsoring affiliate of Desert-Storm.com.

They are a great online store and I have had nothing but success using them. A portion of every purchase made, through this link, comes back to Desert-Storm.com to pay for our hosting, etc. So please pay them a visit and see if you could use anything.

Soldier City

Thanks,
Scott

Post subject: Re: Soldier City
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:33 am 
Soldier

troutster wrote:
Just wanted to post a quick reminder to everyone. Soldier City is the one and only sponsoring affiliate of Desert-Storm.com.

They are a great online store and I have had nothing but success using them. A portion of every purchase made, through this link, comes back to Desert-Storm.com to pay for our hosting, etc. So please pay them a visit and see if you could use anything.

Soldier City

Thanks,
Scott

I used them last week to buy a few shirts and some dog tags for my boys. It is very hard to find anything that deals with military inspired clothing. They have a very wide variety of merchandise. I know i'll be back to buy more.

(04/89 - 11/89) Ft. Sill Ok
(11/89 - 12/89) Ft. Benning Ga
(12/89 - 12/90) 263rd Maint. Co. 1st Maint. Battalion Boeblingen, Germany
(12/90 - 06/91) Desert Shield/Desert Storm
(06/91 - 12/91) Back to Germany

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:15 pm 
Vet

Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to post a quick note and thank everyone that uses the links here (bottom of the forum) to order anything. The small commission is used to pay for the hosting/domain for the site and I really do appreciate it.

This month the URL on that link has changed, but a small portion of any order still comes back to support the site.

Solider City

Thanks again!

Scott

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:47 pm 
Good Soldiers Never Die

Your Gulf War Unit: 2nd Brigade 1st Infantry Division
Hey Scott, you should create a Paypal link and post it here. This way we can help you support OUR home away from home with donations as well whatever you're getting off SoldierCity.

I myself have no problem throwing a few bucks your way each month, if several of us do that then maybe you can run this forum 100% free and clear of your pocket.

(9/88 - 9/90) C-17th Signal Battalion of 22nd Signal Brigade - Sachsenhausen Bar Scene VET
(4/88 - 9/88) AIT Fort Gordon, Ga
(12/87 - 3/88) Basic Training Fort Jackson, SC

"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-George Orwell

"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."
- General George Patton

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:45 pm 
Vet

I know. I have always resisted because it's really not about making or bringing in money.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:34 pm 
Good Soldiers Never Die

I know. I am a member on another forum (nothing to do with Desert Storm) and they have a Donor spot on the top of the forum. You can click on the link and make a donation of whatever you want to make and it tracks it. The donation is made thru paypal and once it is verified, you get a thank you PM and on your first donation you get a Donor Tag added next to your avatar. As donations are made, that Donor spot tracks it and usually once it hits the amount needed to cover the forums expense per month people stop donating.

This guarantees the forums stay up and running with no financial burdens on the admins.

Is just an idea and I am sure none of us have a problem throwing a few $ your way for the service you provide to us by having this website and forum.

I'd also like to offer my assistance on the rest of the site as well if your willing. I'd love to add more content since there is so much of it available these days.

(9/88 - 9/90) C-17th Signal Battalion of 22nd Signal Brigade - Sachsenhausen Bar Scene VET

"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-George Orwell

- General George Patton

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:48 pm 
Senior Vet

Your Gulf War Unit: 72nd. ENGR. CO. 197TH INF. BDE. 24TH INF
good idea dagger,
some of us can't afford much, but every little bit helps. this site helps alot of us to reconnect to ole friends as well as make new ones. plus we all get to help each other get through some rough times just by logging on here and read each others thoughts, and insights to things.
i say, let us,,,help you..

18th AIRBORNE CORPS
SAPPERS FORWARD!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:46 pm 
Recruit

Your Gulf War Unit: 471st Trans Co. Ft. Sill, OK
:|

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:32 pm 
Recruit

Your Gulf War Unit: 4404th(P) bomb wing
I am a Gulf War Veteran and want to know anyone who has dealt with or been to see the War Related Illness and Injury Study Center (WRIISC) in Washington DC. If please send me a message with your dealings with these people. Also if anyone needs information on the subject I would be more than welcome to send them in kind some of the information I have available. My hope is that I can find some kind of help with them and save what is left of my life with my family.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:52 am 
Good Soldiers Never Die

Welcome to the forums.

-George Orwell

- General George Patton

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:00 pm 
Vet

Hey Everyone!

I just wanted to post a quick note to all of you that have purchased items by clicking the Soldier City banners on the site.

I just got an email saying a check is coming my way from them and the "commission" will cover about half of the site's annual hosting cost. While the hosting is cheap I just wanted to thank everyone for helping out and keeping the community alive! So if you are purchasing something that Solider City sells, please use one of the links you see. They are a great company and I have nothing but good things to say about them and their approach to business.

I haven't been very active on the forums/site, but am glad that it continues to be here and visited by all of you!

THANKS!

Scott