Page 1 of 1

My Desert Storm Experience

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:34 pm
by Guest
I spent about 7 months serving in Operation Desert Shield / Storm / and that last deal that gave us the 3rd star on the ribbon.

I was with the 15th MI Battalion out of Fort Hood, TX (actually West Fort Hood) stationed at King Fahd's (in the middle of construction) personnel airfield. Some of you guys may have flown into and out of country there. We flew Mohawks, a surveilance aircraft and our unit really kicked ass finding all of the enemy shit for our airforce friends to go kill. Hopefully this helped lesson the resistance and save lives of my fellow soldiers. We certainly took a lot of pride in what we were doing.

What I went through was not easy and when scuds fly over your freakin head every night and some land fairly close, that chemical weapon chance always scared the shit out of all us. Other than that, I just fixed avionics stuff and filled a lot of sand bags. Compared to a lot of you guys I'm sure we had a cake walk.

This is a great site - god bless all of you guys!

Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:40 pm
by Guest
Hey I was there to, I was the ncoic of the navigation shop.

Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:14 pm
by Guest
Guest wrote:Hey I was there to, I was the ncoic of the navigation shop.
This is Troy LaCrone, I was a 68Q in the Navigation shop, who are you? Man...would love to talk to someone from there!!!!!

Long haul to route 8

Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:03 pm
by rocky
Trucked across saudi to enter iraq. Ate alot of dust. Slept with m16, kept one eye and ear open at all times. Eat, breathe and wear dust for 7 months. Finally got to enter iraq and head for the fomous route 8 (Highway of Death) Saw to much and remembered to much. Contact Scott Whittier (207) 845-3234. Thank you and may some of us still be normal.

Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:46 pm
by doublecheese
what unit were you with?

Looking for Fort Stewart veterans 1988-1992

Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:56 am
by rocky
Looking for anyone who remembers me from rt.8 in Iraq. Would appreciate contact. Thanks alot. 8)

Re: Looking for Fort Stewart veterans 1988-1992

Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:04 pm
by Dagger X-Ray
rocky wrote:Looking for anyone who remembers me from rt.8 in Iraq. Would appreciate contact. Thanks alot. 8)
I recommend you post your name or atleast a nichnake that everyone called you then (I am guessing Rocky?), your unit, your CO's name, maybe even your 1st SGT and maybe some NCO's you remember. There might be people in your unit here now or even stop by who do not know who you are but if you post some things people may remember, it might make it easier.

my unit

Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:05 pm
by rocky
Hey double cheese. I was with the 24th infantry division from fort stewart georgia. Went from New England weather to georgia, then saudi arabia and Iraq weather, some different. Now back in Maine i'm waiting for snow-had some yesterday. 1990-1991 seems like yesterday and also like yesteryear. How's the fishing?

scott whittier

Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:53 pm
by rocky
This is who rocky is. Contact me anytime with knowledge of you knowing that I was on rt. 8 in Iraq. Thank you.

Re: My Desert Storm Experience

Posted: Sat May 07, 2011 8:41 pm
by pugsly
Guest wrote:I spent about 7 months serving in Operation Desert Shield / Storm / and that last deal that gave us the 3rd star on the ribbon.

I was with the 15th MI Battalion out of Fort Hood, TX (actually West Fort Hood) stationed at King Fahd's (in the middle of construction) personnel airfield. Some of you guys may have flown into and out of country there. We flew Mohawks, a surveilance aircraft and our unit really kicked ass finding all of the enemy shit for our airforce friends to go kill. Hopefully this helped lesson the resistance and save lives of my fellow soldiers. We certainly took a lot of pride in what we were doing.

What I went through was not easy and when scuds fly over your freakin head every night and some land fairly close, that chemical weapon chance always scared the shit out of all us. Other than that, I just fixed avionics stuff and filled a lot of sand bags. Compared to a lot of you guys I'm sure we had a cake walk.

This is a great site - god bless all of you guys!
Hey I was one of the techs in the QL2 platoon from 224 MI that got attached to 15th for the duration.