Desert-Storm.com Community Forums

Community for Discussing the Gulf War.

A portion of any sale supports this site.

It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: My Desert Storm Experience
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:34 pm 
I spent about 7 months serving in Operation Desert Shield / Storm / and that last deal that gave us the 3rd star on the ribbon.

I was with the 15th MI Battalion out of Fort Hood, TX (actually West Fort Hood) stationed at King Fahd's (in the middle of construction) personnel airfield. Some of you guys may have flown into and out of country there. We flew Mohawks, a surveilance aircraft and our unit really kicked ass finding all of the enemy shit for our airforce friends to go kill. Hopefully this helped lesson the resistance and save lives of my fellow soldiers. We certainly took a lot of pride in what we were doing.

What I went through was not easy and when scuds fly over your freakin head every night and some land fairly close, that chemical weapon chance always scared the shit out of all us. Other than that, I just fixed avionics stuff and filled a lot of sand bags. Compared to a lot of you guys I'm sure we had a cake walk.

This is a great site - god bless all of you guys!


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:40 pm 
Hey I was there to, I was the ncoic of the navigation shop.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:14 pm 
Guest wrote:
Hey I was there to, I was the ncoic of the navigation shop.


This is Troy LaCrone, I was a 68Q in the Navigation shop, who are you? Man...would love to talk to someone from there!!!!!


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Long haul to route 8
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:03 pm 
Offline
Recruit
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 26
Location: Washington, Maine 04574
Trucked across saudi to enter iraq. Ate alot of dust. Slept with m16, kept one eye and ear open at all times. Eat, breathe and wear dust for 7 months. Finally got to enter iraq and head for the fomous route 8 (Highway of Death) Saw to much and remembered to much. Contact Scott Whittier (207) 845-3234. Thank you and may some of us still be normal.

_________________
Looking for whomever was with the same unit and on route 8 in Iraq. I need verification that I was there. Am hitting brick walls with VA desk jockey. Thanks for serving.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:46 pm 
Offline
Recruit
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:21 am
Posts: 32
what unit were you with?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Looking for Fort Stewart veterans 1988-1992
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:56 am 
Offline
Recruit
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 26
Location: Washington, Maine 04574
Looking for anyone who remembers me from rt.8 in Iraq. Would appreciate contact. Thanks alot. 8)

_________________
Looking for whomever was with the same unit and on route 8 in Iraq. I need verification that I was there. Am hitting brick walls with VA desk jockey. Thanks for serving.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Looking for Fort Stewart veterans 1988-1992
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:04 pm 
Offline
Good Soldiers Never Die
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:35 pm
Posts: 1898
Location: Central Florida
Your Gulf War Unit: 2nd Brigade 1st Infantry Division
rocky wrote:
Looking for anyone who remembers me from rt.8 in Iraq. Would appreciate contact. Thanks alot. 8)


I recommend you post your name or atleast a nichnake that everyone called you then (I am guessing Rocky?), your unit, your CO's name, maybe even your 1st SGT and maybe some NCO's you remember. There might be people in your unit here now or even stop by who do not know who you are but if you post some things people may remember, it might make it easier.

_________________
Dagger X-Ray - ARMY
(12/91 - present) - miss the service
(9/90 - 12/91) 2nd Bde 1st Infantry Division - Desert Shield / Desert Storm Combat VET
(9/88 - 9/90) C-17th Signal Battalion of 22nd Signal Brigade - Sachsenhausen Bar Scene VET
(4/88 - 9/88) AIT Fort Gordon, Ga
(12/87 - 3/88) Basic Training Fort Jackson, SC

"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-George Orwell

"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."
- General George Patton


Image


Last edited by Dagger X-Ray on Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: my unit
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:05 pm 
Offline
Recruit
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 26
Location: Washington, Maine 04574
Hey double cheese. I was with the 24th infantry division from fort stewart georgia. Went from New England weather to georgia, then saudi arabia and Iraq weather, some different. Now back in Maine i'm waiting for snow-had some yesterday. 1990-1991 seems like yesterday and also like yesteryear. How's the fishing?

_________________
Looking for whomever was with the same unit and on route 8 in Iraq. I need verification that I was there. Am hitting brick walls with VA desk jockey. Thanks for serving.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: scott whittier
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:53 pm 
Offline
Recruit
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 26
Location: Washington, Maine 04574
This is who rocky is. Contact me anytime with knowledge of you knowing that I was on rt. 8 in Iraq. Thank you.

_________________
Looking for whomever was with the same unit and on route 8 in Iraq. I need verification that I was there. Am hitting brick walls with VA desk jockey. Thanks for serving.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Desert Storm Experience
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 7:41 pm 
Offline
Recruit
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 7:02 pm
Posts: 1
Your Gulf War Unit: 224 MI BN (AE), Company A, Quicklook Plt, attached to 15 MI
Guest wrote:
I spent about 7 months serving in Operation Desert Shield / Storm / and that last deal that gave us the 3rd star on the ribbon.

I was with the 15th MI Battalion out of Fort Hood, TX (actually West Fort Hood) stationed at King Fahd's (in the middle of construction) personnel airfield. Some of you guys may have flown into and out of country there. We flew Mohawks, a surveilance aircraft and our unit really kicked ass finding all of the enemy shit for our airforce friends to go kill. Hopefully this helped lesson the resistance and save lives of my fellow soldiers. We certainly took a lot of pride in what we were doing.

What I went through was not easy and when scuds fly over your freakin head every night and some land fairly close, that chemical weapon chance always scared the shit out of all us. Other than that, I just fixed avionics stuff and filled a lot of sand bags. Compared to a lot of you guys I'm sure we had a cake walk.

This is a great site - god bless all of you guys!


Hey I was one of the techs in the QL2 platoon from 224 MI that got attached to 15th for the duration.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron