cold steel

Recount your experience in the war and swap some stories.
silent warrior

cold steel

Post by silent warrior » Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:55 pm

Amen to that. It's a bitch when hell opens up. I remeber when we almost took it in the shorts from a cluster bomb courtesy of the air force. They were many close calls during that siege. At any rate, god bless you. 8O
darclegion2
Recruit
Your Gulf War Unit: 1st Bn 6th Marines

Re: cold steel

Post by darclegion2 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:43 pm

Yea, I remember that night well, it was like 3am or so, and we were on 75% alert, dug in for tanks. I remember the noise, and I sat up from sleep in my MG pit and looked up and there was a fighter jet on fire. seconds later, a large explosion about the size of 2 football fields...we all shit, thinking we were being attacked....none of slept much, we were all on those pills they were making us take,....those nerve gas pills.

Turns out, later on we found out...it was one of our own figher jets was hit and returning from a sorte, and it needed to loose its arsenal, and it just decided to drop it, right behind our lines....nice......

NOw that scared the hell out of me....but it took like a few seconds to register....I had no boots on, my flac was off...I jumped on the gun with my boots off, and slapped a belt in. We thought tanks were coming at us.

Yea, I remember that night well....tell that story often. That pilot probably thought it funny later on.

Lcpl Tom Young
1/6 Alpha Co
Wpns Plt
MG
2nd Mar Div
Lcpl Tom Young
Alpha Co. 1/6
Wpns Plt
Machineguns
2nd Mar Div
DS/DS
88-92 USMC