Desert-Storm.com Community Forums

Community for Discussing the Gulf War.

A portion of any sale supports this site.

It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: ********** THAT MARINE THAT HAD THAT ILLEGAL SHOOTING ??????
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:26 am 
Recruit

Your Gulf War Unit: 1st marine davision HQ company, 1st comm.
OK THAT WAS ME, JUST BEFORE 1ST BATTALION 1ST MARINES MOVE OUT, WHILE GUARDING HQ COMPANY, 1ST MARINE DIV. YES, THEY HAD ME AND ANOTHER MACHINC HOOK UP WITH AN ATTACHMENT WITH 1ST COMM. COMPANY. THE GUN WENT OFF WHILE TRYING TO CLEAN MY M249 S.A.W, THE BOLT WASN'T HOME, AND ALMOST SHOOT ANOTHER MARINE HEAD OFF. DAM INCIDENT EVEN GOT IN THAT MOVIE GENERATION X.

OK, SORRY FOR THAT MARINES. BUT THAT CONVOY THREW THEM 'OIL WELL FIRES,' COST MY SON'S BIRTH DEFECTS. THAT'S WHY WE WERE TOLD NOT HAVE OFFSPRINGS FOR TWO YEARS. SOME HOW I JUST DIDN'T GET THAT MESAGE.

AFTER BEING IN THE FRONT OR OUT IN THE FIELD, WE CAME BACK TO OUR SECTION, MOTOR T COMPANY.

IT WAS STRANGE THAT I WAS THE ONLY ONE TAKING THEM DAM PB PILLS, "PYRIDOSTIGMINE BROMIDE" ON TIME, EVERY TIME, ALL DAY LONG.

GUNNY FOUND OUT, AND HAD US STAND IN FORMATION AND WATCH EVERYBODY TAKE IT. I CAN SAY THEY DIDN'T SALLOW, SO THAT WAS IT FOR ME TO.

USMC 1991

Post subject: Re: ********** THAT MARINE THAT HAD THAT ILLEGAL SHOOTING ??
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:42 am 
Senior Vet

Your Gulf War Unit: 72nd. ENGR. CO. 197TH INF. BDE. 24TH INF
our sqd leader took them 1st...i remember ole doc campbell coming by talkin 2 us about them, an sayin that they'd never been tested on humans, that couldn't till act of war.....gotta love how the goverment works....
an ya, i remember also them tellin us not to have/make kids for 2 yrs. also remember them sayin it might be yrs. before we see any side effects from the stuff they gave us, an was around...god bless those that are gone from our ranks now...

18th AIRBORNE CORPS
SAPPERS FORWARD!