Desert-Storm.com Community Forums

Community for Discussing the Gulf War.

A portion of any sale supports this site.

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: NMCB 40
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:16 pm 
Recruit

Your Gulf War Unit: NMCB-40
I was attached to Naval Mobile Construction Battalion Forty (NMCB-40) during Operation Desert Shield/Storm. I was part of a small team called the "Terrorist Team" that helped train our security forces against possible terrorist attack. Any security forces for Camp 13 or any other personnel that remember or know of documented proof of training exercises on this camp, that can assist me, I would greatly appreciate it. Apparently my mental illness is due to training exercises that can't be verified by me (since we don't have access to security records) and is not valid to the Department of Veterans Affairs. I know there has to be records somewhere and if for nothing else, would like peace of mind to know this did happen and i'm not crazy. Thank you for your time. PN3 Hawes

Post subject: Re: NMCB 40
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:30 pm 
Recruit

Your Gulf War Unit: USNMCB 40
Dude ! It's Doc Banks. Maybe if you were to find LT Lewis the training ofcr for security forces He may have a training record, if not, you may want to see if your own training record is still intact in the National Archives. When a man leaves the Navy, His records are sent to the National Archive and then microfiched. You may try that line for a while.