Desert-Storm.com Community Forums

Community for Discussing the Gulf War.

A portion of any sale supports this site.

It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: sniper?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:38 am 
Recruit

5 weeks with an M21 set up and you still can't hit a target out of a chopper at 1000 meters. Am I dating myself? The only thing that sucks is that after the first round, they all do the wave and you got to wait till their arms get tired.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:48 am 
Recruit

in 1993 in somalia i was (im not allawed to tell you my rank) patroling and some child walked up to me and my friend and he said his dad was gunna blow us up but we didnt belive him so we where still walking when suddenly my friend got blown up but he didnt die thank god and it was probably the scaryist moment in my life.i was running with him on my back and got back to base and then went back to patrol but got in a fire fight with wait for it ...........the man and his child i killed the child (which was probably the hardest thing in my life) and got shot in the arm and leg and had to radio for help!

Post subject: Write your articles
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:52 pm 
Recruit

I think if you guys are like me then you should have your experiences published on the web for everyone to read Like Desert Tribulation or Iraqi Freedom Next Episode. these articles are on http://www.expertnthought.com and as far as I know you should so the same. People are starting to pay attention about ht emore contraversial articles written there.

Post subject: yea tight
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:08 pm 
you so full of it, its not funny. :roll:

Post subject: Re: yea tight
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:51 am 
Good Soldiers Never Die

Your Gulf War Unit: 3rd Battalion (ATC), 58th Aviation
Doc wrote:
you so full of it, its not funny. :roll:

Which are you responding to Doc?

http://www.gulfweb.org/
http://www.gratitudecampaign.org/fullmovie.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:21 am 
Why on earth would you not be allowed to tell anyone your rank? jeez the shit is deep in this thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:02 am 
Good Soldiers Never Die

Your Gulf War Unit: 2nd Brigade 1st Infantry Division
We should rename this thread to the "Joke Thread"

(9/88 - 9/90) C-17th Signal Battalion of 22nd Signal Brigade - Sachsenhausen Bar Scene VET
(4/88 - 9/88) AIT Fort Gordon, Ga
(12/87 - 3/88) Basic Training Fort Jackson, SC

"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-George Orwell

"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."
- General George Patton

Post subject: you exist
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:31 pm 
Dear fellow serviceman, I want you to Know that You do exist and we as fellow members at arms do thank you for your hardship and I personally care that you feel alone and dispondant , pull yourself together and show yourself that life is worth living and that you are someone our country can look up too and be a proud of

Post subject: Thereiceman
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:37 pm 
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
This guy is full of it. Wow 200 out of 200.....USMC Sniper/Scout School in a secret location...Yea sure...I hope that he never comes back to this site again. Just a little question Iceman, how many clicks on your scope does it takes to go 2 1/4 inches to your left or right @ 150 yrds?????? By the way, go back to school and learn how to spell words....SAD SAD SAD...Iceman, I believe that is from Top Gun....
CPl HotRod
USMC
88 -94

Post subject: Re: the story you didnt here
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:04 pm 
Recruit

Your Gulf War Unit: B Troop 1/1 CAV , 1ST AD
thericeman wrote:
I was just a lonly seabee..... (please forgive me and my spelling as I am drunk)..... I was a lonely seabee, but I had the best markmenship on the fleet... (200- outa 200) at 200 yards. so some dumbass deceided to take intrest in me....( that was 1990) Then I was offered sniper school....(no wife, no kids, nothing...) " we have an opperation that you'd be perfect for" so I was told.... I said ok lets do this..... I trained with SEAR in san diago for 2 week (another story) then Marine snipe school (undisclosed location... never told where) for another two weeks.... God I got good!!!!. Next ting you know, I was told your going behind enemy lines in an operation that will not be in your records.... needless to say it happened.... What a rush in that time! If I died it didnt matter! I was nothing.... just another number..... But the experiances Ive brought back home is ubeilevable..... Ive got 21 "unconverfered kill's"... you will never read this in any "officieal document" because it "doesent exiist"... it "never happened" there are those who served before "those who serve"
Let us not forget those who lost thir live (and famileis) to "accedents" Ray, Jim, Michell, Orrellno, Sanchaz... those are the one I can remember in our 16 man team..... before "desert strom"
More to follow if yhou want,,, if you want more please say so. I will contiunue.... thank you for reading because I dont exist! or so the papers I signed say so...cannot type anymore ... to drunk to correct myself... Take care.... thericeman:

PS if anyone has somewhte simmalr story pleasse post.. would love to feel not alone. too tired of keeping a secret... ( alcohol seems to be good but will only last till I get devoices from 2nd wife)

You are a frigging liar..go SUCK START a 12 gauge POSER!!

SCOUTS OUT!!!
Currently 11b in Haji`s backyard

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:46 am 
Recruit

We had SeeBees around where I was first stationed in the 1st Gulf War. The Scud Bowl. They built bomb shelters and trenches. They built good steel and concrete shelters. They also made gun towers. We only got wood and canvas to build ours and of course sandbags, each hand filled by etool unlike the Army's which had funnel machines and used front end loaders to fill. (which way is smarter, I wonder). Anyways back to topic. When I was on the USS Iowa BB-61, a battleship, MarDet, We had a sniper assigned to us. He was a Sgt. He later got kicked off the Iowa for a trumped up charge from a SSgt on something that happened at a range. But anyways what I was getting at was that at that time, late 87-beginning 90, they did have two sniper designations - duty sniper and dedicated sniper. The first did attend a two week course where they got the same training only condensed and less time to perfect their field craft and also not as much field training. They were expected to continue studying on their own time at their parent unit. And the regular course which the Sgt had done which was alot longer due to more outside time and 1 to 1 training but both classes covered the same curriculum. We never had his slot replaced officially either. I was put up for the duty as I was a consecutive second award rifle expert (at this time as far as I know to apply to go to Sniper School, you had to have 3 consecutive expert awards and/or your Commanding Officer's recommendation) but the slot for sniper school never came, we did get a slot for jump school however and the Marine sent there actually broke one of his legs in a practice jump and never finished as he was sent back to the Iowa for medical eval then transferred off to barracks duty at Norfolk VA as he couldn't go up and down the ladder wells or preform his security duties. I was given a sniper book for training and told by our Captain of the MarDet that I was the OJT duty sniper for the Det. I was already on the Anti-mine detail because of my high scores which was a pain in the @ss. You had to get up at 0300 and go stand in the bull nose every morning and stare out at the water. We were often tempted to shoot dolphins that were jumping in front of the ship sometimes just to brake the monotony but we never did. We had M14s (.308 Win. or 7.62 x 51mm Nato) for this task as the M16A2s (.223 Rem. or 5.56x45mm or .22 on steroids) we had as primary weapons weren't up to the job of cracking a mine hull to sink it or set it off. And back on track. During Desert Storm, I was a message courier. I went over in an Advance Party, was there thru Desert Shield, Desert Storm and the Humanitarian Effort that now is called something. Because a Major found out that I used to do the message log for the CO on the Iowa when I checked in at my new unit, I was attached to S-1 but worked at S-2. I was with MWSG-37 3D MAW out of El Toro. We were in charge of about six other units. We had helos, truck companies and Harrier jump jet squadrons under us. We had units at El Toro, Tustin (our sister base), Camp Pendleton and Yuma. I had a top secert clearance before going over and was raised to "above top secert/for your eyes only" level. When I got out of the service on EAS, I had to sign a paper that I would not/could not talk about anything I had done or seen that was considered classified for 12 years. I was always able to give name, rank and serial number tho and asked any questions was to anwser "I can neither confirm nor deny that" and point the questioner to the Public Affairs office or PA officer. Semper Fi.

Post subject: Re: SEABEE ??? With What Unit???
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 11:38 pm 
Recruit

George E. Kernaghan wrote:
Hay Seabee! :?:

:x You said you were a SEABEE in DS/DS??? Which Unit were you with???
:? I read your story, and find it a LITTLE hard to believe! My suggestion is to sober-up and do a Re-Write. Guys like you give the real SEABEE's a bad name.

By the way I am a Seabee and served with NMCB-24 during 90-91, and quite a few years before that. It was my last assignment and I'm proud of it.

Bzz, Bzz, Bzz!!!

George,

I was a reserve Seabee Mechanic assigned to NMBC 22, With the CBHU attached to Fleet Hospital 6 in Awali, Bahrain during DS...

Andy..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:00 pm 
Recruit

:!: you guys are totally awesome. I am also a DS vet, and I am very happy to have found this sight. When I first signed up for the Army the recruiter asked me what I would like to be and I said, "I want to be a sniper!" he said, "no", then I said, "I want to go infantry" and he said, "no", I said, "I want to drive a tank", once again he said, "no". Finally I asked him "what can a woman do in the Army besides push a pencil?" Well, I enlisted as a 63B mechanic, paratrooper, and a ranger. :wink: No, I am not a leso, I just don't get along with a lot of women, because they keep something going. I totally love men and everything about them. I truly enjoy being on the range and I would love to be a sniper (By the way Sniper is my favorite movie). I wanted to be the person that would be called in with my gun case do what I have to do and go home. "one shot, one kill" :wink: The memories that I have from DS both good, bad, and the nightmares are something that no one can take away from me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:21 pm 
Senior Vet

Your Gulf War Unit: 1087th Trans Co.
200 out of 200 at 200 yds ,,,,real hard to believe.... sounds like that other person who thinks he is god on the other topic.. they don't just grab you for sniper school.. you have to apply for a opening and pray real hard that you make it through the school,,,,,

16th support group
4th Trans Batt.
1087 Trans Co.
Road Warrior
SSG Retired..... 1976-1997
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you.
1. Jesus Christ
2. The American G.I.
"One died for your soul, the other for your freedom!"
Life Member VFW Post 9573

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:55 am 
Recruit

Quote:
I wanted to be the person that would be called in with my gun case do what I have to do and go home.

This is my rifle, this is my gun.
This is for fighting, this is for fun.