Desert-Storm.com Community Forums

Community for Discussing the Gulf War.

A portion of any sale supports this site.

It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: the story you didnt here
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 4:26 am 
Recruit

I was just a lonly seabee..... (please forgive me and my spelling as I am drunk)..... I was a lonely seabee, but I had the best markmenship on the fleet... (200- outa 200) at 200 yards. so some dumbass deceided to take intrest in me....( that was 1990) Then I was offered sniper school....(no wife, no kids, nothing...) " we have an opperation that you'd be perfect for" so I was told.... I said ok lets do this..... I trained with SEAR in san diago for 2 week (another story) then Marine snipe school (undisclosed location... never told where) for another two weeks.... God I got good!!!!. Next ting you know, I was told your going behind enemy lines in an operation that will not be in your records.... needless to say it happened.... What a rush in that time! If I died it didnt matter! I was nothing.... just another number..... But the experiances Ive brought back home is ubeilevable..... Ive got 21 "unconverfered kill's"... you will never read this in any "officieal document" because it "doesent exiist"... it "never happened" there are those who served before "those who serve"
Let us not forget those who lost thir live (and famileis) to "accedents" Ray, Jim, Michell, Orrellno, Sanchaz... those are the one I can remember in our 16 man team..... before "desert strom"
More to follow if yhou want,,, if you want more please say so. I will contiunue.... thank you for reading because I dont exist! or so the papers I signed say so...cannot type anymore ... to drunk to correct myself... Take care.... thericeman:

PS if anyone has somewhte simmalr story pleasse post.. would love to feel not alone. too tired of keeping a secret... ( alcohol seems to be good but will only last till I get devoices from 2nd wife)

Post subject: more
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:32 pm 
Yes, I'd like to hear more...could you describe what it was like in combat? Anything that stood out to you, or struck you as odd. Or just what the emenies looked like or if you even saw them. What kind of weapons you held in your hands...? As if you were trying to make me see what you saw. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:58 pm 
Rice- been dere, done dat. same-same.
brothers in arms on the radio don't put it right
you gotta live it to know it.

coffeeman from northern nofly

Post subject: full of b.s.
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 12:57 am 
This guy is full of shit, Marine sniper school at an undisclosed location. Like they'd pick this guy out of a fleet of sailors when there are already Marine and Army snipers that have years of fleet experience. Sniper school is MUCH longer than 2 weeks long and it's location is NO secret. If you believe this guy, I have some ocean front property in AZ I'd love to sell you.

Semper Fi,
A REAL War Veteran
HMH 462
HMH 361
13TH MARINE EXPEDITIONARY UNIT
OPERATION ANACONDA
OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM :roll:

Post subject: I agree, lots of BS in that post
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 1:39 pm 
Good Soldiers Never Die

Your Gulf War Unit: 2nd Brigade 1st Infantry Division
I agree with "grussem". Our guys went much longer in sniper school than that and it was never "undisclosed".

He was probably a lonely civilian who did not meet the enlistment requirements and dreamed he was a sniper.

Dagger X-Ray out!
HHC 2nd Bde 1st Infantry Division
(...and yes riceboy, we had snipers too!)

Post subject: The war before Desert Storm
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 2:52 pm 
Recruit

Not sure what to think about the seabee, I know one, think I'll ask him where he trained and what the prerequisites were and I'll get back and post em. I know some special ops get crash courses in several special areas of combat, sniper, demo, sere, medical, etc. But giving the poor sap the benefit of the doubt, and knowing what the bottom of a bottle looks like myself, I would like to say I can relate to "The war before Desert Storm. I was in a Long Range Surveillance Unit that deployed in Aug.90 and we immediately started running border probing missions, and slowly began working our way in, all the way up to the Euphrates River by the time the war started. It it a lonely world for spec op soldiers and even us "wanna be's" lol. But real is real. Our qualifications were Infantry training, airborne training, ranger training, and optional schools were pathfinder, jumpmaster, sere, and sniper school. Didn't go to sniper school so I can't say where it was or how long, if I could find some of my buddies I could find that out also. Anyways, to those who served, and to those who have "behind the line" and other kick ass memories, let's keep this going and see what happens.

Cpl. Collins Tm. 3, Dco. 124mi Bn. (LRSD)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:50 am 
Recruit

Well, first of all, there is not very many Seabees on the fleet, most of us are Land based, since Seabee is what they use instead os C.B. which means Construction Battalion, I guess they just thought Seabee was cuter :? I was a Seabee, a Construction Mechanic 3rd class Petty Officer.

I like his story, but I agree that that is all it is, just a story, I never did hear what battalion he was with, I will be waiting to see if he backs up any of the info.

Post subject: Those of us that WERE THERE
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:02 pm 
The only Navy personnel I know of that WERE behind the lines were Navy SEALS that infiltrated Bagdad the night the air war started. This guy doesn't sound legit, but you never know. :?

Those of us that saw heavy combat know that it can be hard to try and relate those experiences in a public forum such as this. Rule is usually "Those that talk the most saw the least!" :wink:

If you want to read actual unclassified documents discussing what we did, you can visit the following website. It's not the whole truth. It's not the only truth. Some of it definitely is not the EXACT truth, but it does document much of the events. 8O

I, for my part, was on a TOW gunship (That's the anti-tank Humvee with the big tube and sight mounted on top) with 4th Plt, TOW Co, 1st Tanks, USMC. We were attached to 1/1 for the breach and assault on Kuwait.

We cleared Al Burgan & Al Wafra oil fields and took Kuwait International Airport as the anti-mech spearhead of Task Force Papa Bear. Supposedly, we tied for most mech kills of any TOW Plt to that point in history. I think it was 33 confirmed tank and troop carrier kills for our platoon. Record has probably been eclipsed now. All I know is that we did our part at our time!!!

To hear more about the war, start here, then if you get a chance, buy a Vet a beer, and respectfully ask him to relate HIS story. :D

http://www.gulflink.osd.mil/declassdocs ... /19970327/

Post subject: Site for info
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:11 pm 
Actually, a more complete list of documents is one level back up the tree, @ http://www.gulflink.osd.mil/declassdocs/marines/

Post subject: WOW
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:32 pm 
Recruit

What an IDIOT.. to top seceret to even talk about..
Reminds me of a guy that I used to work with here in civilan life. He claimed to be a Navy Seal with all kinds of wild storys.
I was Army and in a como Batalion, I was not the rambo kinda guy that is portrayed in the 1st story here.
Anyway this Cat kept up his Bragging untill one night in a bar. We were haveing an unofficial work meeting. This "Navy Seal" cuts in with an "When I was a Seal"..
That was my last straw. I stood up and challanged this cat to a good old fist fight.
Now you would think being a seal he would be pretty good with his fist, hA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA......
I am 6 foot tall and not a pound over 165.. I aint big and I aint bad, BUT this cat smooth could have and should have stomped my ass if he was a seal being he was 6'2'' and around 210lbs...
I hit him 4 times with a K.O. on #4..
There are a lot of guys that want to be something thay aint and never will be, this "Seal" is one of them and so is the "Snipper" in the 1st post on this subject..

Spc4Voss
C-Co 17th Sig Bn 22nd Sig Bd
Desert Storm Vet, Nov 19th 1990+May 20 1991
Deployed with 3rd Armored Div's 143rd Sig Bn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:55 pm 
Recruit

as a former marine O can tell you he is so full of shit it's not funny...I had buddies go to sniper school for close to 6 months.

Post subject: Hello Everyone
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:58 pm 
Personally, I don't know much about the marines. I met a man a few months ago, and we fell in love, now we live together. He was in Desert Storm, he was a Scout Sniper. I am fascinated with the subject. We watch the History Channel a lot lol. I am however concerned with something lately. He tells me that when he sleeps he sees dead people..not like a ghost standing in front of him, but real dead people. Just a little bit ago, he says to me, "Last chance to lay down and goto sleep", but he was talking in his sleep. Kinda freaked me out, and so I got online and did a search..and *poof* here I am lol I like going through the posts and reading the stories. You guys are awesome! Now, what Id like to know is what are the after effects of being a Marine Sniper? And should I be concerned that the man I am in love with is seeing dead people when he closes his eyes, and tells me not to wake him suddenly? Id also like to ask, do you know of any other websites on Scout Snipers in Desert Storm? And lastly, whats with that "One Shot One Kill" tattoo? lol It rocks! Well, Ill shut up for now, but if anyone wants to give me some answers, please feel free to Email me at Wickedbliss33@yahoo.com God Bless You all for fighting for our freedom!

Post subject: Reply to WickedBliss
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:32 am 
Good Soldiers Never Die

Your Gulf War Unit: 3rd Battalion (ATC), 58th Aviation
I sent an Email to you Wicked I hope that it may help. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:14 pm 
one shot , one kill...every time you squeeze the trigger someone dies versus shooting a 30 round clip on full auto and killing 1-2 enemy troops.

Post subject: SEABEE ??? With What Unit???
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:41 pm 
Recruit

Hay Seabee! :?:

:x You said you were a SEABEE in DS/DS??? Which Unit were you with???
:? I read your story, and find it a LITTLE hard to believe! My suggestion is to sober-up and do a Re-Write. Guys like you give the real SEABEE's a bad name.

By the way I am a Seabee and served with NMCB-24 during 90-91, and quite a few years before that. It was my last assignment and I'm proud of it.

Bzz, Bzz, Bzz!!!