Desert-Storm.com Community Forums

Community for Discussing the Gulf War.

A portion of any sale supports this site.

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: looking for anyone from the 2nd Armor Division FW from Germa
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:02 pm 
Recruit

I was a rookie TACP/ROMAD from Mannhiem augmenteeing for that Unit I believe out of Garlstad Duetchland. I am now a 20 year veteran with lots of realworld peacekeeping missions under my belt. I thank GOD for the dedication to duty and professionalism of all those out there be it ARMY, MARINE, NAVY, GUARD, BRITS, CANADIANS, ROK, SPECIAL FORCES, etc.... It was a privilege to serve with all those who believed peacekeeping must go on so as things like the Berlin Wall, Communism, Invasions of innocent countries (Kuwait, Bosnia, Kosovo, Albania), Mediating circumstances like (Korea, Panama, Somalia), the WAR on TERROR, can and prayfully will keep the good forces of this great world of ours afloat. Thanks to all who are out there currently carrying the torch and Godwilling may you be able to pass it on to the next generation of PEACEKEEPERS!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:28 pm 
Recruit

I was at Garlstedt from 1983 to 1986 in the 4th Bn 3rd FA. I served 7 months in Iraq while being stationed at Ft. Stewart, GA for 3 years, from '86 to '89. Retired in December 2001.

Post subject: Re: looking for anyone from the 2nd Armor Division FW from Germa
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:19 pm 
Recruit

greenpea000 wrote:
I was a rookie TACP/ROMAD from Mannhiem augmenteeing for that Unit I believe out of Garlstad Duetchland. I am now a 20 year veteran with lots of realworld peacekeeping missions under my belt. I thank GOD for the dedication to duty and professionalism of all those out there be it ARMY, MARINE, NAVY, GUARD, BRITS, CANADIANS, ROK, SPECIAL FORCES, etc.... It was a privilege to serve with all those who believed peacekeeping must go on so as things like the Berlin Wall, Communism, Invasions of innocent countries (Kuwait, Bosnia, Kosovo, Albania), Mediating circumstances like (Korea, Panama, Somalia), the WAR on TERROR, can and prayfully will keep the good forces of this great world of ours afloat. Thanks to all who are out there currently carrying the torch and Godwilling may you be able to pass it on to the next generation of PEACEKEEPERS!!!

Delta Company, 1-41 Infantry. Yes we were out of Garlstedt, Germany and deployed for ODS in January, 1991 as one of the last combat units to be called.

Post subject: Re: looking for anyone from the 2nd Armor Division FW from Germa
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:28 pm 
Recruit

2AD(F) 498 spt bn 88-91 Garlstedt, West Germany

5-INF

Post subject: Re: looking for anyone from the 2nd Armor Division FW from G
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:58 am 
Recruit

Your Gulf War Unit: HHC 1/41 Infantry S-2 Section
SFC(retired) Gentry Here,...

Assigned to HHC 1/41 Infantry out of Garlstedt, West Germany. I was assigned to the S-2 Intell section and was the TC for the M-577 Intell Vehicle. LTC Hillman was our Battalion Commander. After the war,.. I never left Germany. I stayed here and retired here,.. in Germany. I was at Garlstedt, LDCK Kaserne, a few years ago. No Military personnel from the Americans are there any longer. The German Bundeswher was using the base as a NATO storage facility. The monument honoring our war dead was still there, in front of where the 2nd Armored Division (Forward) Headquarters building was located. The Post was erie because it used to be so full of life,.. but was now totally deserted. The town of Osterholz-Scharmbech,.. was like a Ghost Town. Time moves on,....

STRAIGHT and STALWART everyone.
I'll see you when you are sent to heaven's Army.
Till then: Radio Silence

Post subject: Re: looking for anyone from the 2nd Armor Division FW from G
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:28 pm 
Recruit

ironhorse66851 wrote:
SFC(retired) Gentry Here,...

Assigned to HHC 1/41 Infantry out of Garlstedt, West Germany. I was assigned to the S-2 Intell section and was the TC for the M-577 Intell Vehicle. LTC Hillman was our Battalion Commander. After the war,.. I never left Germany. I stayed here and retired here,.. in Germany. I was at Garlstedt, LDCK Kaserne, a few years ago. No Military personnel from the Americans are there any longer. The German Bundeswher was using the base as a NATO storage facility. The monument honoring our war dead was still there, in front of where the 2nd Armored Division (Forward) Headquarters building was located. The Post was erie because it used to be so full of life,.. but was now totally deserted. The town of Osterholz-Scharmbech,.. was like a Ghost Town. Time moves on,....

STRAIGHT and STALWART everyone.
I'll see you when you are sent to heaven's Army.
Till then: Radio Silence

Ah excellent Straight and Stalwart Brother!

I have a couple medic buddies (I was a Delta Co. platoon medic) who also never left Germany and they both live in Bremen (Fazzone and Cox).
Have you checked out 1-41.org?
Also Google Delta 1-41 Rally Point.

RIP Murray