Looking for some Garlstedt folks or the 1/41 Infantry

Looking for someone from Desert-Storm? Try posting here.
ironhorse66851
Recruit
Your Gulf War Unit: HHC 1/41 Infantry S-2 Section

Looking for some Garlstedt folks or the 1/41 Infantry

Post by ironhorse66851 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:13 am

SFC(retired) Gentry Here,...

Assigned to HHC 1/41 Infantry out of Garlstedt, West Germany. I was assigned to the S-2 Intell section and was the TC for the M-577 Intell Vehicle. LTC Hillman was our Battalion Commander. After the war,.. I never left Germany. I stayed here and retired here,.. in Germany. I was at Garlstedt, LDCK Kaserne, a few years ago. No Military personnel from the Americans are there any longer. The German Bundeswher was using the base as a NATO storage facility. The monument honoring our war dead was still there, in front of where the 2nd Armored Division (Forward) Headquarters building was located. The Post was erie because it used to be so full of life,.. but was now totally deserted. The town of Osterholz-Scharmbech,.. was like a Ghost Town. Time moves on,.... If you can,.... write.Would love to hear from you.
SFC Jerry L. Gentry
A-Co 1/41 under Cpt Ahn,
D-Co 1/41 under Cpt Jozwiak
C-Co 1/41 under Cpt Sanders
HHC 1/41 as the Battalion S-2
After the war was the S-2 NCOIC until the Post closed down.

STRAIGHT and STALWART everyone.
I'll see you when you are sent to heaven's Army.
Till then: Radio Silence
duckgetter14
Recruit
Your Gulf War Unit: HHC 1/41 2nd armored division

Re: Looking for some Garlstedt folks or the 1/41 Infantry

Post by duckgetter14 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:02 pm

Hello SFC Gentry
SPC Richard Johnson here. HHC 1/41 TOC. Hope everything is going good for you. I'm hanging in there. This is my first time on this page, it seems to be well put together. I look forward to talking to you more have a great day. Have you heard from anyone else?
SPC JOHNSON