Desert-Storm.com Community Forums

Community for Discussing the Gulf War.

A portion of any sale supports this site.

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: F co. 1/227th. avn. 1st. Cav. Div.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:50 am 
Recruit

Your Gulf War Unit: f co 227 avn regt 1st cav div
well mike i ended up in alaska when we got back me and stan johnson he was a huey guy .I got out in jan 92 and stayed in alaska for 2 years . then i moved to seattle and been here since sept 94. my medical problems are not like you or mike mine are little but I have
a lot of them. I have started filing for claims with the va I have 2 claims with 14 in them and may end up with 1 more with 3 more items from sleep problems to head aches sleep apnea and on and on . i have only been in the va system since 2009. have all of your problems been because of the gulf? and are you getting care from the va?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:55 am 
Recruit

Your Gulf War Unit: F Co. 227th Aviation Co. 1st Cavalry
My name is Robert Moultrie, I was in F Co 227 from 87-92 in Avionics and also headquarters platoon, I was the unit armor for awhile, also was the mail clerk during desert shield/storm. I also got out of the army in Jan'92, went back to Washington state, but now live in Oregon just outside of Portland, moved here to work for Intel, back when I was healthy. I have since survived thyroid cancer, prostate and testicular cancer, brain tumor and now have been diagnosed with colon cancer, hopefully I will beat this one too!

I have keep in contact with Mark Knudson, he lives in Texas and is doing great, no health problems, I know he never went into Iraq, so just curious, did any of you guys go into Iraq? I went in several times and went through bunkers and burnt out tanks and had several long trips up there, wondering if that was the cause?

Post subject: !
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:43 am 
Recruit

i was in the fwd support platoon i worked on 58's i was on the first plane that 1st cav went on set 25 was involved with truck painting helicopter assay at he port and got on the plane to come home on april 10, i have many problems mostly stomach have nerve problems in my neck and am on a cpap with sleeping problems. no cancer yet but what i can tell it is coming. and yes i think our problems are from there. are you going to the va for your care?have you had a gulf war exam ?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:24 am 
Recruit

Yes,I filled a claim years ago and was awarded 10%, a few years later after the second round of cancer they awarded me 60%, now I am at 100% service connected. I was just starting to use private insurance until they discovered the Colan cancer, I can't afford copays so I am stuck with the VA for care.

I don't remember all that much of being there, my memory really sucks, but I do know that I spent quite allot of time up in Iraq, not just Saudi Arabia, plus remember getting the anthrax vaccine and taking the mark vii tablets (I think that is what they were) and also being at the burn site of all those chemical weapons that the CIA confessed too! I too helped paint vehicles and was part of the convoy to the port, I remember the truck in front of mine (a Motorpool truck) flipping. I would just like to finally know for sure what caused all my illnesses!

Last edited by kilroy1stcav on Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:44 am 
Recruit

it's almost like you may have depleted uranium sickness there is another web site called hadit there are a lot of people i don't know much about your symptoms but am sad to hear about your health. have you told the va you climbed in and out of burned out equipment in iraq? a gulf war registry? man it is starting to worry me about my health with all the people from our unit that is sick. i have tried to get info about our unit location, or any thing but it is like we were never there. I remember some stuff but it is all fuzzy would like to find info so i could remember what happened

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:17 pm 
Recruit

Your Gulf War Unit: F-227 Avn Regt
Hello,

Joe Vital here, I was in the Fwd Spt Platoon back then. In the Apache Squad, even though we hadn't recieved any AH-64A's at the time.
Thanks Gordon H, for showing me this site.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:23 am 
Recruit

gnbhill wrote:
it's almost like you may have depleted uranium sickness there is another web site called hadit there are a lot of people i don't know much about your symptoms but am sad to hear about your health. have you told the va you climbed in and out of burned out equipment in iraq? a gulf war registry? man it is starting to worry me about my health with all the people from our unit that is sick. i have tried to get info about our unit location, or any thing but it is like we were never there. I remember some stuff but it is all fuzzy would like to find info so i could remember what happened

Yes, been through the gulf war registry, they know what I did there, that is why I am 100%, back when I filled I had records of our unit movements and locations but since, been divorced, homeless and lost everything, I wish I still had that info to share with you guys. I used to have a lot of pictures that helped me too, they couldn't deny pictures, but lost those too.

Do you guys have any pictures of over there?

Here is a pretty informative site http://www.gulfwarvets.com/hot.htm don't know if you guys have seen it or not.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:05 pm 
Recruit

can you explain what you mean by they know what you did and that is why i am now 100% ? did you have records or something saying where where we were? i have been looking and can't find any thing on our unit it is like we just vanished off records. to support my claim. there has to be reports somewhere that says where we were and what shots we got i have found stuff on the declassified files but nothing specic on us, the scud missiles shot down at kkmc and that. i have some pictures but still trying to figure out how to scan them.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:43 pm 
Recruit

Since Sgt Knudson and I ran the TOC, we had to keep records of all of our units movements with GPS locations and all personnel so the paranoid person I was I made copies of all that stuff for my personal records, but since divorce and other problems I have lost all that info, but at the time I had it and used it to file my claim, and with official army records they couldn't deny it!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:54 pm 
Recruit

man i wish i found you then. i was told on another site that most of the records were destroyed after the ground war in burn pits. there was an article in the ny times or some paper in florida had the article have you requested a copy of your c file from the va mabey it has copys of all the info you submitted

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:50 am 
Recruit

Your Gulf War Unit: F Co 227 AVN 1st Cav
My name is Lee Hoff and I was in Fwd Support platoon F Co. 227 AVN 1st Cav Div at fort hood with Joe and Gordon. I worked on UH-1s and UH-60s and I am living in Minnesota. I have pictures from back then but nothing that would tell where we were, it is all sand in the background.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:59 pm 
Recruit

Lee, do you have a link to your pictures, would love to see them?