Lookin' 4 ppl that served with Michael Ideker FT Riley 1990

Looking for someone from Desert-Storm? Try posting here.
hllywd
Recruit
Your Gulf War Unit: Please add your Unit

Lookin' 4 ppl that served with Michael Ideker FT Riley 1990

Post by hllywd » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:15 am

I wondered if anyone here served in Operation Desert Storm with Michael William Ideker. He left for Saudi from Ft. Riley, Kansas in the fall of 1990. He was killed in a tragic car accident in August of 1992. :(
I was his girlfriend when he left for the war. If you knew him, please let me know. Thank you.
jerry2000
Recruit

Re: Lookin' 4 ppl that served with Michael Ideker FT Riley 1990

Post by jerry2000 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:46 pm

what was his unit my buddy was sgt cliff rouse with the ist armor div he was in supply i can ask him if you had his unit ?
Dagger X-Ray
Good Soldiers Never Die
Your Gulf War Unit: 2nd Brigade 1st Infantry Division

Post by Dagger X-Ray » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:27 pm

Joey Pulliam, he drove for my Brigade Commander. He survived Desert Storm only to be killed in a car accident after we got back when he went home to Kentucky (I think) to see his family and get his POV. He apparently fell asleep on his way back and drifted off into the median and slammed head on into a bridge pylon in his li'l truck. The bridge unfortunately won. He was one hell of a nice guy too.
Dagger X-Ray - ARMY
(12/91 - present) - miss the service
(9/90 - 12/91) 2nd Bde 1st Infantry Division - Desert Shield / Desert Storm Combat VET
(9/88 - 9/90) C-17th Signal Battalion of 22nd Signal Brigade - Sachsenhausen Bar Scene VET
(4/88 - 9/88) AIT Fort Gordon, Ga
(12/87 - 3/88) Basic Training Fort Jackson, SC
"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-George Orwell
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."
- General George Patton
donnie11867
Recruit

Post by donnie11867 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:41 am

Hello, yes I served with Mike at Ft. Riley with 24th trans. co. He was one of my soldiers and a close friend. How is his son??? send me your questions or lets talk about him.....Sgt. Donnie Weathers.
Dagger X-Ray
Good Soldiers Never Die

Post by Dagger X-Ray » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:11 am

Welcome to the forums Sarrrrrrge. Its always nice to see a fellow vet join, especially one from 1st Infantry. I was in 2nd Brigade and worked in the HHC S-3.

I know you took pics while there, please feel free to share them in the "Desert Shield/Storm Pictures" category whether good or bad, we all would love to see your memories and hear about them too so share the stories also.

Have you tried searching Military.com? I found a couple of people thru there and they led me to others I knew that they had kept in contact with over the years.
Dagger X-Ray - ARMY
(9/90 - 12/91) 2nd Bde 1st Infantry Division - Desert Shield / Desert Storm Combat VET
(9/88 - 9/90) C-17th Signal Battalion of 22nd Signal Brigade - Sachsenhausen Bar Scene VET
"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-George Orwell
- General George Patton
rachel
Recruit

Post by rachel » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:30 pm

donnie11867 wrote:Hello, yes I served with Mike at Ft. Riley with 24th trans. co. He was one of my soldiers and a close friend. How is his son??? send me your questions or lets talk about him.....Sgt. Donnie Weathers.
Hi Donnie! I'm so glad to finally be in touch with someone that knew and served with Michael! I'm actually the one that started this post....hllywd, but I couldn't log in for some reason so I had to re-register and use my real name...rachel. I would really like to visit about Michael - I miss him a lot! Michael and I didn't exactly end things on a good note and I regret that very much. I still visit his grave site...and talk to his son, Tyler. Tyler is 20 years old now and lives in the same town that I do - the same one Michael lived in. Please email me so we can chat. My email address is sevntiesgrl@yahoo.com. I'd love to hear from one of his friends. I would also really love it if you have pictures of your tour in Saudi - especially if you have some with him in them...I know his son would like to see those too. Sadly, when Michael's accident happened, they couldn't find his dog tags to give to Tyler. No one knows what happened to them because he never was without them. Thanks again for posting back.
Rachel (hllywd)
rachel
Recruit

Post by rachel » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:32 pm

Dagger X-Ray wrote:Welcome to the forums Sarrrrrrge. Its always nice to see a fellow vet join, especially one from 1st Infantry. I was in 2nd Brigade and worked in the HHC S-3.

I know you took pics while there, please feel free to share them in the "Desert Shield/Storm Pictures" category whether good or bad, we all would love to see your memories and hear about them too so share the stories also.

Have you tried searching Military.com? I found a couple of people thru there and they led me to others I knew that they had kept in contact with over the years.

Thank you for the idea to search Military.com - I'm going to try that too! :) Did you know Michael?
Rachel (hllywd)
Dagger X-Ray
Good Soldiers Never Die

Post by Dagger X-Ray » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:49 pm

Unfortunately I did not know him. Sorry to hear he is no longer with us too.
Dagger X-Ray - ARMY
-George Orwell
- General George Patton
synapticfix
Recruit

Post by synapticfix » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:33 pm

Sorry, I didn't serve with Michael but I served in the 24th Transportation Co. from 12/83 - 8/86. I am looking for anyone that served with the 24th Trans. Co. during this time. I am sorry for your loss.