Desert-Storm.com Community Forums

Community for Discussing the Gulf War.

A portion of any sale supports this site.

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: How do you feel?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:56 pm 
Recruit

Thank you. I do have the American Legion file for a hearing on my hands my chronic fat- and my Geard. I do have 10% for my headaches, but that is not close. Thank you for the info.....

WARNING

I suffer From Occasional Loss Of Mental Stability, And Become Very Violent With Only Slight Provocation. The Veterans Administration Has Determined That Both Mental And Physical Harassment Of My Person May Be Hazardous To Your Health And Well Being. So Please, For Your Sake
STAY OUT OF MY FACE!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:27 pm 
Good Soldiers Never Die

Your Gulf War Unit: 24th Infantry Division, 197th Infantry Brigage, 72 Engr Co.
Welcome home brother. Good luck. Sounds rough. I started messin' with the VA in '93. Quit pursuing it until last year. I'm still pending again. I hope you get taken care of.

197th Infantry 72 ENGR CO
Assault and Barrier Pltn
"Sledgehammer"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:25 am 
Recruit

Thank yu for the words of encuragement...please forgive the spelling, narcs get to by the end of the day. I did the big "million dollar work up" they gave us when we got back. I went to daton airforce base 7 times for tests work ups and now they have no record of it...mmmm seems a little fishy.. na the government wouldn't try to screw us vets...that was back in 92'.... they gave me 13 scripts with out a blood test or taking my vitals.... ahh just narcs setting in better log off before i write something i won't remeber...lol Once again thank you for the words of encuragement.

Gulfvet90

WARNING

I suffer From Occasional Loss Of Mental Stability, And Become Very Violent With Only Slight Provocation. The Veterans Administration Has Determined That Both Mental And Physical Harassment Of My Person May Be Hazardous To Your Health And Well Being. So Please, For Your Sake
STAY OUT OF MY FACE!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:17 am 
Good Soldiers Never Die

The VA in Waco TX. put me on Xanax. It knocked me out. The VA in Tuskeegee never even saw me and the VA in Atlanta gave me the run around. Recently things are much improved. I'm on 3 meds for PTSD and in group therapy once a week. The VA in Ashville NC seems much better.

Assault and Barrier Pltn
"Sledgehammer"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:20 am 
Good Soldiers Never Die

Your Gulf War Unit: 2nd Brigade 1st Infantry Division
No records of the Post DS tests on me either. I remember them but thats not good enough.

(9/88 - 9/90) C-17th Signal Battalion of 22nd Signal Brigade - Sachsenhausen Bar Scene VET
(4/88 - 9/88) AIT Fort Gordon, Ga
(12/87 - 3/88) Basic Training Fort Jackson, SC

"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-George Orwell

"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."
- General George Patton

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:33 am 
Good Soldiers Never Die

I have no idea what they have on me or where. They told me some years ago that all my medical records were in a fire in a storage facility in St. Louis MO. I remember when we got back to Ft. Benning some psych folks came around and met with us individually for like 2 minutes. They asked do you have nightmares, flashbacks, et... And then, they left. We never heard nothing from that again.

Assault and Barrier Pltn
"Sledgehammer"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:24 pm 
Recruit

Isn't it so helpful that the government always give us an excuse when we ask for thing and we are supposed to believe them. When we say things about our claimes they tell us tough prove it. It just grindes my ass. I have been calling my primary care team to find out if i have to make an appointment to get more refills. They transfered several times and some how i finely got to talk to somebody that knew what they we talking about. Mind you it took about an hour to get that far. Got things worked out and they told me i was being transferd to the pharmacy. I told them what i told the last lady and asked why i haven't gotten my last refill i ordered back the first part of Jan. She said well just come over to the pharmacy and get them. Right their the red flags went off and i could't believe what the lady just said. I said do you mean i have to make an appointment to pick up my meds? She said no just come over and get them. I then realized that i was gonna ask the question, i said where do you thunk i'm at? She said well you are still in 14-2 the PTSD clinic right? I said ah ma, i haven't been in that program since Dec 23, 2009! She then says realy? I said, yes mam i'm back home and been thier for about a month. She then said That's why you haven't recieved any of you meds. We stop shipping the meds to your house once you were admitted into the program. She then asked what meds do i need? I said all of them, then she read off all my meds and i said yes to all of them. She goes ok i will ship them out tomarrow. I said great! This was yesterday about a hour or so later i got a call from FEDX stating that they were going to have a drop of to my home today before noon. 2:30 rolls around and they finally get here. HE appolgized for being later do to the weather. Mind you i am exspecting all my meds. I got one bottle of my Hydrocodone 10/500. So i realy have about had it with them in Battle Creek. I live in Hillsdale about a hour and a half south/east of them. Well i have rattled on enough wife is pulling the Lasagna and i am starved! Will vent some more later....

WARNING

STAY OUT OF MY FACE!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:43 pm 
Good Soldiers Never Die

Tale of two cities. The difference between VA med centers is vast. Salisbury VA sucks, Ashville is awesome. Atlanta sucked, Waco sucked and Tuskeegee never even saw me. I feel well treated there. First time ever. Hope ya work it out.

Assault and Barrier Pltn
"Sledgehammer"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:22 pm 
Recruit

THESE TROOPS DESERVE THE SAME SUPPORT AS WE HAD IN THE FIRST WAR. DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU AGREE OR NOT. THEY ARE FOLLOWING ORDERS, NOT GIVING THEM. IT IS IMPORTANT TO REMEMBER WHY WE ARE THERE. ALL THE LIVES ALREADY LOST WOULD BE IN VANE IF WE QUIT NOW. THESE WARS HAVE BECOME COMMONPLACE IN THE MINDS OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE. THEY ARE OVER THERE FIGHTING UNDER THE FLAG OF OUR NATION. THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE PATRIOTISM THAT WE SAW AFTER 911? ALL AMERICANS SHOULD GET BEHIND THESE TROOPS AND NOT FORGET WHO'S SACRIFICES PROVIDES THEIR FREEDOM THAT THEY TAKE FOR GRANTED EVERY DAY.

BRIAN K. HOWARD

DESERT STORM VETERAN. 1ST INFANTRY DIVISION 90-91
UNCSF-JSA PAN MUN JOM, KOREA. "IN FRONT OF THEM ALL" 89-90

FOREVER "IN FRONT OF THEM ALL"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:15 pm 
Recruit

I think the same way. The vets that are returning now need the support and need to be getting the things that they are intitaled. But don't let the Operation Desert Shield, Desert Storm and the Veitnam Vets get pushed out of the way andwe slip threw the cracks! I mean DAMN!, we all are brothers and sisters who put our lifes on hold to serve our country! We shouldn't get treated like some third world country! The bold faced lies we get told every time we try to get the benifits we deserve! Sorry i am venting. I have other things that are on my plate. I was informed that my father(stepdad, but he has been in my life since i was 3, he is the only father i have know and i love him just like a father and son should) has Pancreatic cancer and has about four months to live. Here is the kicker, he is in prison for DUI. Now we are faceing all the politics to get him out before he dies. I have been up and down all the web pages from Michigan trying to find what we need to do to get him out, so he can come home and pass away with his family. Sorry guys ranting again, Ok i need to get back to do searching the web again. Hope all is goining well with youand your family.

Gulfvet90
See you on the other side!

WARNING

STAY OUT OF MY FACE!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:27 pm 
Good Soldiers Never Die

You just making a statment B HOWARD? I don't think any one on this site feels any different than you do. All caps means you are shouting. Ok, at who? The spineless jellyfish people who whine about everything and bleed for the rights of terrorists? I think society as a whole in this country tend to forget the prices paid by our soldiers if it is not brought to their attention. But, it seems always like they become easily disinterested if it is not hip to continue the same level of patriotism.
You preachin' to the choir in here.

Assault and Barrier Pltn
"Sledgehammer"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:45 pm 
Vet

Your Gulf War Unit: 197th Inf. 72nd ENG. CO
I enjoyed war becuse when you come home, you get a free Pizza from Dominoes. I would do it again if i would get extra cheese. But they havent called,so i guess they got it covered. But it would be cheeper if they just payed me pizza. but you know how the goverment is. LOL.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:58 pm 
Recruit

Your Gulf War Unit: 1st Bn 6th Marines
Im up and down like waves in the ocean. Been thru drugs and alcohol...and now Im done with all that masking stuff. Been getting benefits for almost 14 years now...Tegretal...anti seizure medication for rage. But it doesnt do anything for depression, but i finally started taking anti depressants, actually started today. We will see how that goes. Its not as bad as it was when I was drinking (amazing huh)....but I cant believe Ive made it this far. I dont talk in groups, dont really need that. I just wish I had never left, if only I new about the next war...thats mostly my problem...along with anger, depression, memory loss from hell...and rage for the most part. And I cant stand stupid weak people, who get in my way...other than that, Im normal, unless Im off my meds..I go a little fucking insane.

Machineguns
2nd Mar Div
DS/DS
88-92 USMC

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:57 pm 
Good Soldiers Never Die

Combat pay could be pepperoni. Over sea pay could be peppers. TDY could be mushrooms. I think you're on to something Trick.

Not ignoring you Darc. I was on the alcohol train for 5 years. Quit in '95 or so. Life was hell. Started working 100 hour weeks. Gorilla got back on me last year and I went a little nuts I tried to kill a man. I have to get this out so I'll do group, meds, show and tell and recess if it helps. I do not want to lose my family and I don't want to go back to the penetentiary.

Assault and Barrier Pltn
"Sledgehammer"