I need some help

Do you have a question about Operation Desert Shield/Storm? Ask it here!
James1991

I need some help

Post by James1991 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:31 pm

im doing a huge project on Desert storm, i picked this because my uncle was in it and because it was going on around the time i was born. and i have always really had an interest in it. i have always wanted to learn more about it. well now that this school project has come up i have been able to, and i have read only one book but this web site has just opened my eyes up to what was going on. you cant really tell by the book because it wasnt really fully there, it would explain what was going on but you couldnt pull a picture from it. and thats what i really wanted. i wanted to see waht it was like from pictures to try and feel how they felt. i can only image what was going through the minds of the solders and there loved ones. i know that i was the only one who recignized my uncle when he came back, though i had never even seen him before. so i would really appriciate any help that i could get. thank you all so much for doing what yoiu did and thank you for being the people that you are. Sorry if there is anything spelt wrong, (im not the best speller). Please get back to me.
RichardLowry
Author of Gulf War Chronicles
Your Gulf War Unit: Military Historian and Author

Post by RichardLowry » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:57 am

James,

I wrote "The Gulf War Chronicles" for people just like you. It tells the full story of Operation Desert Storm in a way that will help you understand what happened over there. I would suggest asking your school library to get a copy for you to read.

In the meantime, if you have any questions, feel free to ask and I will do my best to get you an answer.
Dagger X-Ray
Good Soldiers Never Die
Your Gulf War Unit: 2nd Brigade 1st Infantry Division

Post by Dagger X-Ray » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:24 am

I read this post yesterday and was going to plug your book Richard but my 18 month old pushed the reset button on my computer and I never made it back here to complete the post.
Dagger X-Ray - ARMY
(12/91 - present) - miss the service
(9/90 - 12/91) 2nd Bde 1st Infantry Division - Desert Shield / Desert Storm Combat VET
(9/88 - 9/90) C-17th Signal Battalion of 22nd Signal Brigade - Sachsenhausen Bar Scene VET
(4/88 - 9/88) AIT Fort Gordon, Ga
(12/87 - 3/88) Basic Training Fort Jackson, SC
"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-George Orwell
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."
- General George Patton
Motocross1
Recruit
Your Gulf War Unit: Please add your Unit

Post by Motocross1 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:20 pm

James, read the gulf war chronicles, it is the best military book i have ever read. It doesn't have opinions, it just has the cold hard facts. And it paints a clear picture in your mind. The only thing I wish is, some people base a movie from this book.