Desert-Storm.com Community Forums

Community for Discussing the Gulf War.

A portion of any sale supports this site.

It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Army in Desert Storm
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:59 pm 
Recruit

Your Gulf War Unit: 20th Engineering Brigade
You know the VA has denied my benefits, again, for all this shit we were put through in Iraq!

If you were in the 62nd Engineer Battalion, you know about the diesel fuel that they sprayed down the sand with so it wouldn't blow around! Who the fuck thought that up??? Anyway, here I am , fucking dieing from some unknown shit and the VA says no, you are just depressed. WTF is up with that??? Can we say FUBAR!!!!!

Damn it to hell!!!!

Click to join my Yahoo group:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gulfwar1/join

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:28 pm 
Vet

San Antonio GWV wrote:
You know the VA has denied my benefits, again, for all this shit we were put through in Iraq!

If you were in the 62nd Engineer Battalion, you know about the diesel fuel that they sprayed down the sand with so it wouldn't blow around! Who the frick thought that up??? Anyway, here I am , friggin dieing from some unknown shit and the VA says no, you are just depressed. WTF is up with that??? Can we say FUBAR!!!!!

Damn it to hell!!!!

Took me eleven year and getting canned from many jobs for not working and playing well with outhers before they found me 100% IU pernanent and total. Don't give up hope and don't do it alone. Have the DAV or someone act as VSO for you. They know how to get these things done. Hang in there, you'll make it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:34 am 
Lifer

Your Gulf War Unit: 3rd Bn 17th Field Artillery
[quote]Hfriggin dieing from some unknown shit and the VA says no, you are just depressed./quote]

Have you pursused the depression side of things? I know from experience that this won't satisfy your desire for resolution or even service connection for your physical ailments, but it may provide some relief.

I know I have Gulf Warl Illness symptoms, but the VA, and not many others, believe the condition is real. I also have a severe case of PTSD, which plays hand-in-hand with the physical stuff.

The VA's PTSD program isn't perfect ... actually I think it sucks ... but I did get a lot of information about how my body and mind are reacting.

And yes .... FUBAR!

DS (OPCON) 3/2 ACR, GS 1 ID
FIRE MISSION!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:18 pm 
Vet

Try stopping by your local Vet Center as opposed to the VA hospital. They are much more attuned to dealing with PTSD as all of the counselors are combat Vets themselves. They can help you diagnose your possible PTSD and get things moving for you. Good Luck!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:06 am 
Good Soldiers Never Die

Your Gulf War Unit: 2nd Brigade 1st Infantry Division
Grab the phone book and see if you have a DAV around you anywhere. Them guys know how to get things done.

(9/88 - 9/90) C-17th Signal Battalion of 22nd Signal Brigade - Sachsenhausen Bar Scene VET
(4/88 - 9/88) AIT Fort Gordon, Ga
(12/87 - 3/88) Basic Training Fort Jackson, SC

"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-George Orwell

"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."
- General George Patton

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:02 pm 
Vet

Dagger X-Ray wrote:
Grab the phone book and see if you have a DAV around you anywhere. Them guys know how to get things done.
That's the truth and that's why I have a life time membership with them. They let you pay it in $20 increments until you have the lifetime memberships paid up. You should go for it, they are a good organization who is truly dedicated to the disabled Veteran.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:09 pm 
Recruit

Your Gulf War Unit: 20th Engineering Brigade
5thFSEMSG wrote:
Dagger X-Ray wrote:
That's the truth and that's why I have a life time membership with them. They let you pay it in $20 increments until you have the lifetime memberships paid up. You should go for it, they are a good organization who is truly dedicated to the disabled Veteran.

My local DAV office has screwed up hours, they are NOT veteran friendly as far as that goes. They close early and are closed for any excuse. But yea, they are handling my claims. Big whoop!

Click to join my Yahoo group:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gulfwar1/join

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:25 pm 
Vet

I used the folks who were up at the Disability boards in Winston Salem maybe that was the difference. I know posts vary alot in how they run and they run off of volunteers.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:33 am 
Good Soldiers Never Die

Your Gulf War Unit: B Co. 7/159 Avn. Regt.
Use the American Legion or the VFW. They also have service officers that are there to represent you.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:38 pm 
Vet

Redmaxx wrote:
Use the American Legion or the VFW. They also have service officers that are there to represent you.
Use any of them just please make sure that you have the free representation offered because they can often make the difference in getting your claim or not. VFW, DAV, America Legion all offer free represenation but rely on membership dues and donations to keep running.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:07 am 
Lifer

Your Gulf War Unit: 3rd Bn 17th Field Artillery
Just don't give up. File a Notice of Disagreement, Appeal, Appeal, Appeal. I've been working on my claims now for 17 years with no end in sight. Keep workin' it and don't take no for an answer.

DS (OPCON) 3/2 ACR, GS 1 ID
FIRE MISSION!