Desert-Storm.com Community Forums

Community for Discussing the Gulf War.

A portion of any sale supports this site.

It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: My claim and your advice please ...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:33 pm 
Senior Vet

Your Gulf War Unit: 72nd. ENGR. CO. 197TH INF. BDE. 24TH INF
wd, thks.
we"ve been cleaning out some ole stuff in the house this week. in the far back part of the closet in the other bedroom, we came across this box. i hadn"t seen it in 10yrs. or more. inside was my orders for saudi, some booklets they gave us, an a few old letters that i "d kept for some reason. one was from a friend of mine dated 1995. in the letter i learned that after getting out, he couldn"t handle civilan life so he joined back up an was stationed at ft. campbell.had been liking it there some, but the army was medical discharging him. his back was bad, discs where detererating away. he also mentioned that our squad leader during the war had damage to his back, an was in bad shape....fast forward 15 yrs later.. my back is ate up with arteris, i have spinal stenosis in neck, an lower back.
so now i have some proof that at least 3 of my squad is messed up in our backs
dunno if the letter would help claim or not...thoughts???

18th AIRBORNE CORPS
SAPPERS FORWARD!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:34 am 
Good Soldiers Never Die

Your Gulf War Unit: 24th Infantry Division, 197th Infantry Brigage, 72 Engr Co.
Hey haze. Good hearing from ya. For your claim, I would get all the evidence I could get. Have already had your C&P for your back and neck?

197th Infantry 72 ENGR CO
Assault and Barrier Pltn
"Sledgehammer"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:32 pm 
Senior Vet

redfish, sorry, its been awhile, had alot going on, which i"ll tell ya later about. as far as back, neck goes ....no, nothing at all. only c&p "s done was ptsd, hearing, which was done on jan3rd. of this yaer, nothing since.
i"ve spoken to my va rep. he said that since the va hadn"t sent me a denial alreadt, that i"d prob be gettin a rating, but if if it wasn"t good enough that we"d appeal.
work has become a real prob, meds are not strong enough anymore, if i knew how to start the social surity process i would be doing it soon.
its stiill hard 2 remember all, wished i"d kept a log, maps..etc.
my cousin came back from afaghstan a few months back, i told him to keep all paperwork, med records etc. maybe this generation can learn from the ones that have come before them. told him we take care of our own.

18th AIRBORNE CORPS
SAPPERS FORWARD!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:52 pm 
Recruit

Your Gulf War Unit: C co 1st/502nd 101 st ABN
Can someone please tell me what a C and P exam is? When do you get this exam? I had a CCEP done @ Ft. Carson in 98, have copies of it but if there is another exam I need can you guys set me straight? Thanks. I reviewed my exam and my health has gotten worse since then....so do I ask for another eval or is there a follow up process from the first exam. When I called VA or the number provided they said since I was still AD I had to go thru a PCM, but they don't know anything about DS or the symptoms. I have had every sign of fibromyalgia and CFS but without actually spending time in a hospital for fatique they don't take it seriously. I am obseesed with the fight I am about to endure and its important to attempt to get all we deserve, when we quit they win and that's what the gov wants.....not a chance

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:51 am 
Good Soldiers Never Die

Lotta questions bro and a few which are outta my league. C&P stands for Compensation and Pension when you file a claim as a civilian with the VA. When did you call that number and they said you were still AD? Did you get a disability rating % after you got out of the service? Let me point you to this website:
http://vets.yuku.com/forums/71
There are a lotta guys more familiar with the system there

Assault and Barrier Pltn
"Sledgehammer"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:54 am 
Senior Vet

been a few....been dealin with issues at home here.
i did finally here from the va over claim.got a letter from them last tuesday, i think. telling me i had 10 days from date of letter 2 send any more stuff to them. they lost my med records from 1988(gotta luv that). go figure.asked if i had them, which i don"t , i checked, called them ,told them that.
anyway, told them while i had them on phone that they"d never done any c &p"s on rest of claim. kinda pissed me off. well, 10 days has passed now, so accordin 2 letter from va, shouldn't be long till i year from them on decision. been a year now,.
good luck 2 all filing claims...its rough.

18th AIRBORNE CORPS
SAPPERS FORWARD!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:37 pm 
Recruit

Your Gulf War Unit: HHC 1st Engineers 1st Infantry
haze wrote:
been a few....been dealin with issues at home here.
i did finally here from the va over claim.got a letter from them last tuesday, i think. telling me i had 10 days from date of letter 2 send any more stuff to them. they lost my med records from 1988(gotta luv that). go figure.asked if i had them, which i don"t , i checked, called them ,told them that.
anyway, told them while i had them on phone that they"d never done any c &p"s on rest of claim. kinda pissed me off. well, 10 days has passed now, so accordin 2 letter from va, shouldn't be long till i year from them on decision. been a year now,.
good luck 2 all filing claims...its rough.

J here its been two years since I filed and nothing yet. I been digonsed with ptsd. I have sent my stressor letters along with some supporting letter from fellas that withness the incidents and battalion information provided by the 1st Engineers but nothing yet. I am down on my luck and owe a butt load to the va because of meds. I am out of hope and prayers, just thought I vent.
J

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:50 pm 
Senior Vet

man, sorry 2 hear that...you got a va rep? american legion, vfw can help? our legion helps vets in need, 2 a certain amount, they might help some with bills. check your local legion out, can"t hurt too check with them.
2yrs...an nothing...i"d be calling my regional va office an check status of my claim.
good luck bud....ventin is good, we"re here for ya, even its just 2 listen.

18th AIRBORNE CORPS
SAPPERS FORWARD!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:16 pm 
Good Soldiers Never Die

Hope you are good cliff. Ain't heard from ya ina while. Figure I'll give you a call here sometime soon. Heard from Paul not too long ago. He is fine but pissed at the VA. They denied all his stuff for GWI. He does'nt know if he'll file a NOD or not. Paul has always gotten screwed. Even when we were still in the service crap always happened to him. Anyway, talk to ya later.

Adam

Assault and Barrier Pltn
"Sledgehammer"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:33 pm 
Good Soldiers Never Die

Your Gulf War Unit: 2nd Brigade 1st Infantry Division
Well, I finally heard something from the VA on my claim status after close to a year since filing. I made an inquiry through the VA website as to the status of my claim and here was the response:

This is in response to your inquiry to the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) dated September 15, 2011.

Please accept our apologies for the delay in responding to your inquiry. We are currently experiencing a large volume of inquiries and are working as quickly as possible to respond to each in a timely manner.

In researching your records, we determined we received your claim on November 12, 2010, for multiple conditions. Your claim is still in the Development Phase. Based on the information available, the required development actions have been completed. We will review your claim to ensure we have everything we need to make an informed decision. Documentation in your electronic records indicates a representative from your regional office attempted to contact you on September 29, 2011, to provide this information, but was unsuccessful in reaching you. The documentation further notes that a VA exam may be needed, but such a determination won't be made until the evidence in your file is reviewed. If we determine we need additional information, we will contact you.

There are two additional phases: the Decision Phase and the Notification Phase.

We are most grateful for your service to our country, and hope this information proves helpful.

Thank you for contacting us. If you have questions or need additional help with the information in our reply, please respond to this message or see our other contact information below.

Sincerely yours,

Donovan W. Thompson
National IRIS Response Center Manager
jmb

On another note, I was laid off from a job I held for 11 years working in a Financial AId / Veteran Affairs office at a college. I worked 2 years as a VA College Work Study in the same office prior to that so make it 13 years in the same place. I have heard rumors it was because of my taking so much time off here and there for VA appts. and Group meetings as well as my "bad" days. Officially HR claims I was not meeting the required performance of the position yet I know better from talking with fellow workers in the office of the people I had to answer to. I found out a couple weeks later that they were able to hire a fulltimer for less and a part timer for what they paid me. Sucks that Florida is an "At Will" state where you can be terminated from work for any or no reason as long as its not illegal...and in this case it wasn't; I have checked. Unemployment is a pain in the ass.

(9/88 - 9/90) C-17th Signal Battalion of 22nd Signal Brigade - Sachsenhausen Bar Scene VET
(4/88 - 9/88) AIT Fort Gordon, Ga
(12/87 - 3/88) Basic Training Fort Jackson, SC

"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-George Orwell

"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."
- General George Patton

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:37 pm 
Senior Vet

dagger...man, trult sorry 2 hear about you gettin screwed over. if it was me..i"d least talk 2 a lawler bud...maybe get a few statements from others that worked there,,,etc.
esp, since you was taking off for doc related appts, group, ...screw them...sue their butts if u can for deformation of character...thats where you got proof that you was taking off for reasonable things, an that you we're doing your job.....won"t hurt 2 check on it.
good luck bro.....again sorry 2 hear about that.

18th AIRBORNE CORPS
SAPPERS FORWARD!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:23 am 
Recruit

Howdy
I have a QTC evalution in two weeks does anyone have any advice? What can I expect in this evalution? I could use any and all advice in this matter.
Thanks in advance
J

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:10 pm 
Good Soldiers Never Die

Whats it for? Its just a C&P right?

Assault and Barrier Pltn
"Sledgehammer"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:02 am 
Soldier

Your Gulf War Unit: 1st ID, 3rd AD, 181st Chem Co, 84th Chem, 46th Chem.
Good luck on the C&P exam. If you have a bad doc or exam then enter it in the database at my signature. We need to start Identifying these bad examiners.

Veterans helping Veterans
C&P Database
Veterans Voice Server

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:24 pm 
Recruit

redfish wrote:
Whats it for? Its just a C&P right?

I'm not sure, it is stating that the exam is to determine the current level of my disability.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next