Strange

Post your experiences dealing with the VA Disability Filing Process for GWS, issues with VA diagnoses, and so on.
tricky89
Vet
Your Gulf War Unit: 197th Inf. 72nd ENG. CO

Strange

Post by tricky89 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:06 pm

Iv been out of work for about 8 months now,i needed to get my Dibetes medicine, i filled out the paper work at the VA out patient center,4 days later i got a APOINTMENT. I called the number the person called me about it..... they said i was in the system and schedule for Lab work and ID card, what the HELL. iM CONFUSED. I guess ill show up, anybody have this experience?
197th inf. 72nd engr. Heavy Junk
Dagger X-Ray
Good Soldiers Never Die
Your Gulf War Unit: 2nd Brigade 1st Infantry Division

Re: Strange

Post by Dagger X-Ray » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:41 pm

HURRY UP AND WAIT !!!!!!

Sounds about right too. Remember, you are one of many vets in the system at your local VA clinic, you got to wait your turn. Thats why I use both my civilian doctor and the VA for my treatments. Some of them are strictly VA but I do use my civilian dic for some things and jusst take copies of those records to the VA my next trip so my VA doc knows whats going on and vice-versa.
Dagger X-Ray - ARMY
(12/91 - present) - miss the service
(9/90 - 12/91) 2nd Bde 1st Infantry Division - Desert Shield / Desert Storm Combat VET
(9/88 - 9/90) C-17th Signal Battalion of 22nd Signal Brigade - Sachsenhausen Bar Scene VET
(4/88 - 9/88) AIT Fort Gordon, Ga
(12/87 - 3/88) Basic Training Fort Jackson, SC
"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-George Orwell
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."
- General George Patton
tricky89
Vet
Your Gulf War Unit: 197th Inf. 72nd ENG. CO

Post by tricky89 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:48 pm

Im sorry, you misunderstood. I thought it would take about a year to get an apointment,I wasnt complaining, i just thought it would be alot of red tape. Im fine with that, as far as waiting my turn, its been 26 years.
197th inf. 72nd engr. Heavy Junk
Dagger X-Ray
Good Soldiers Never Die
Your Gulf War Unit: 2nd Brigade 1st Infantry Division

Post by Dagger X-Ray » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:18 am

Intro and smaller appointments usually happen within a few days to a week or so. Processes like filing for disability are what take years to go through.

It will all work for you, just play their game and you'll be seen.
Dagger X-Ray - ARMY
(12/91 - present) - miss the service
(9/90 - 12/91) 2nd Bde 1st Infantry Division - Desert Shield / Desert Storm Combat VET
(9/88 - 9/90) C-17th Signal Battalion of 22nd Signal Brigade - Sachsenhausen Bar Scene VET
(4/88 - 9/88) AIT Fort Gordon, Ga
(12/87 - 3/88) Basic Training Fort Jackson, SC
"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-George Orwell
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."
- General George Patton