82nd airborne

Post your pictures from Desert Shield/Storm for the rest of us to see.
klawliss
Recruit

82nd airborne

Post by klawliss » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:38 pm

Good day all!

I am the sister of a soldier. He served in the 82nd airborne, Company C - deployed to Saudi in 1987 I believe it was. He was there for what seemed like forever.

He was actually on the cover of Newsweek. You couldn't see his face, only the side of it, but it was showing two soldiers setting up some gun thing.

I'm wondering if there are any soldiers that may have served with him? His name was Glen Ashley. He died 9 years ago from hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and I still go through a great deal of sadness from time to time.

I'm looking for any pictures that anyone may have of him. I know this is a long shot but I also know that it never hurts to ask.

thank you all.
God's blessings to you.
If you wouldn't mind replying to my email that would be helpful. (It took me a while to log on again - I forgot)
thanks
klawliss@yahoo.com
Dagger X-Ray
Good Soldiers Never Die
Your Gulf War Unit: 2nd Brigade 1st Infantry Division

Re: 82nd airborne

Post by Dagger X-Ray » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:26 pm

I am very sorry for your loss and I hope you are able to find what you are looking for.

Have you tried registering on Military.com and doing a search through there?
Dagger X-Ray - ARMY
(12/91 - present) - miss the service
(9/90 - 12/91) 2nd Bde 1st Infantry Division - Desert Shield / Desert Storm Combat VET
(9/88 - 9/90) C-17th Signal Battalion of 22nd Signal Brigade - Sachsenhausen Bar Scene VET
(4/88 - 9/88) AIT Fort Gordon, Ga
(12/87 - 3/88) Basic Training Fort Jackson, SC

"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-George Orwell

"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."
- General George Patton