Chaplain's perspective of war

Care to discuss the current conflict in Iraq and Afganistan?
Brian K. Waite

Chaplain's perspective of war

Post by Brian K. Waite » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:15 pm

Hi!

Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Brian K. Waite and I am a United States Navy Chaplain who was assigned to the 3rd Battalion, 2nd Marines of Task Force Tarawa during OIF 1. I have just written a book entitled, "For God and Country", which chronicles my journey. It can be located on http://www.amazon.com or directly from the publisher at http://www.heartspringmedia.com. All of the author's proceeds will be going directly to the Intrepid Foundation's Fallen Heroes fund which has been established to aid the widows and orphans of those that have paid the ultimate sacrifice. I will have more to follow, but wanted to introduce myself to this distinguished grouping. Until next time, God bless all of you!

Sincerely,
Brian K. Waite
troutster
Vet
Your Gulf War Unit: Please add your Unit

Post by troutster » Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:41 pm

I just wanted to post a heads up to everyone. I have read Brian's work "For God and Country" and just wanted to let you know that I will be posting a review in the Reviews section in the next several days.

-Scott
RichardLowry
Author of Gulf War Chronicles
Your Gulf War Unit: Military Historian and Author

Post by RichardLowry » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:00 pm

I have read "For God and Country." It tells a story unlike anything you have read about the invasion of Iraq. It is an uplifting book.

Make the effort, find a copy and take the time to read "For God and Country."
dstillwl
Recruit

Post by dstillwl » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:56 pm

I served with the 517th Medical Company during Desert Storm. We were attached to the 18th Airborne Corp. While there, I had a chance to spend a good deal of time with Chaplain Major Jenkins. To this day, he has served as a marker in the road of my life that set the direction of the course my life has taken. I have not read your book, but will look for it to read and to recommend to a good friend who is contemplating returning to the Army as a Chaplain.
517th Medical Company, Fort Carson CO '88-'91
dstillwl
Recruit

Re: Chaplain's perspective of war

Post by dstillwl » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:12 pm

What a blast from the past. Chaplain Jenkins baptized me and a good friend while deployed with the 517th.
517th Medical Company, Fort Carson CO '88-'91
dyamemills
Recruit
Your Gulf War Unit: fact finder

Re: Chaplain's perspective of war

Post by dyamemills » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:57 am

hi
They can't carry weapons, but they are armed with something stronger: their faith. Military chaplains provide support and perspective to those serving our country in times of severe stress. And chaplains find their own lives enriched working with clergy and soldiers of different faiths.
DYAMEMILLS