Desert-Storm.com Community Forums

Community for Discussing the Gulf War.

A portion of any sale supports this site.

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: What do you the people think of the war
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:03 pm 
I think was a good idea to rid Iraq of that p.o.s. Saddam Hussein because he was such an ass to his people. I just wished that we would have done it sooner and not even go to the U.N. inspectors because they hid them before they got there. Please let me know what you think. E-mail me at tracksterc130@aol.com
Thanks
Jon Schumacher 8)


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:48 pm 
I to think that going to iraq was a good thing and we should have done it sooner. All the u.n. was doing was delaying the attack. we should have gone to iraq a lot sooner. all these liberals think that we are invading this country and imposing our government on the people but if they would pay attention, they would see the reaction of the iraqi people during the elections. if you ask me, we should hunt the people who didnt have a purple finger.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: The war in Iraq
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:32 am 
This war is :evil: . What is the jpoint. They have found no weapons of Mass destruction. Bush is a stupid a**. But I support the famiies of the
soldiers over there. I ALSO FEEL VERY BAD FOR THOE WHO HAVE LOST LOVED ONES. Because i have cousins over there :(
THIS IS ALL BUSH'S FAULT


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:14 pm 
Offline
Recruit
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:57 am
Posts: 16
Location: TEXAS
Would you rather that sadaam still be testing chemical agents on his own people?, where do you think all those mass graves came from? If we had not gone there to stop him from killing innocent people for his own purposes, he would still be doing much the same thing, most people don't stop to realize that it is because of war that we have the freedom we have today to say anything we want, even if it is just stupid drivel.

Yes, war is bad, no one likes war, I didn't like war when I was there and I still don't, but I know that terrorists won't be moved by please and thank you's, that is why they are called terrorists, you say you have cousins over there, well, I have a brother that is about to go there and I pray to God that he comes back safe, as I pray everyone comes back safe, and I hope that our government does it's best to help those that need the help.

For all of those people who keep whining about the war, I wish I could put you in the middle of it so you know what most of our military has gone through and what they have had to deal with, seeing bodies hanging from cars and destruction of buildings, I thank God that I did not see any killing myself, I was very lucky that some marines were looking out for us, I am sorry I don't remember which they were, but to all Marines, Thank you from the bottom of my heart, and to those who are there God keep you safe and bring you back home soon.

My brother is a Marine as well, by the way, my older brother was in the Army before I joined the Navy--NMCB 74 Alpha co.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:35 pm 
STRAYKINGFISHER . . .

Ermmm, what you have seen is terrible. What would you have seen if you were at ground zero (Bagdad) when the missles flew off the US ships from the sea? Samething but worse, right? . . . .

??? :?


Top
  
 
 Post subject: iraqi freedom
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:49 pm 
I do feel that something needed to be done with Hussein. Although it should have been done when Daddy Bush was in office and had the chance in 1991. I support our soldiers because they are doing their job and following orders. In the same aspect, I believe it is time to bring our soldiers home. "Combat" is over and the Iraqi's have held their elections. If they had wanted a way better life than they had before they should be able to take care of their own by now. If some nation invaded for democracy, as they saw it would they help rebuild? I don' t think so.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: The war in Iraq
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 12:40 pm 
Jessica Ellis (15yrs old) wrote:
This war is :evil: . What is the jpoint. They have found no weapons of Mass destruction. Bush is a stupid a**. But I support the famiies of the
soldiers over there. I ALSO FEEL VERY BAD FOR THOE WHO HAVE LOST LOVED ONES. Because i have cousins over there :(
THIS IS ALL BUSH'S FAULT


Congress is who declares war - not Bush.

Even if there weren't WMD, the fact is that he was killing and maiming his own people. If you want to stand by and watch that, quite frankly, you are coldhearted and inhuman.

And besides, the armed forces are 100% volunteer-based. None of your cousins are over there against their will. If they didn't want to fight, they shouldn't have joined the army.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:24 am 
Offline
Recruit
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:57 am
Posts: 16
Location: TEXAS
I don't think that any of us joined the Military to go to war, we joined to do our part to protect our country, I don't think that there is anyone joining the military that doesn't know that there is a possibility of going to war, you just kinda hope it doesn't start while you are in. I have nothing against President Bush or his father, I would've done the same thing if I were president, who wouldn't, how many of you people who sign in as "guest", would see all of the killing going on in Iraq or any other country, see all those people suffering under a leader that is supposed to be protecting them, How many of you would just look the other way???, I couldn't, and if I could, I wouldn't deserve to be called a human being, only a disturbed person can look at pain and suffering with indifference.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Op. Iraqi Freedom
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:21 am 
Just my 2 cents.
Looking at these postings, Straykingfisher you've pretty much nailed the subject. I too participated in the first Persian Gulf War and I agree that we should have finished the job way back in 1991. However, if you've had followed the war more closely, then you'd understand better. My division were part of the 7th Corp. and we were the one who spanked the so called elite Republican Guard. They were known to be the best, well trained and well equiped. But, not to brag they were no match for our superiority in our soldiering and equipments. Anyway, we were that close from Baghdad and we had to restrained ourselves since we were ordered not to march toward the city. If we didn't, then their fellow Arab brotherhood would've shot us in the back since our main objective were to liberate Kuwait. That would've been a real messy scenario(in an area where war has been going on for thousands of years). I'm like everybody else, I don't like war and like what General Patton said "War is Hell". To those of you who's been there can relate. And to those who didn't make it back, they're always in my prayer. In Iraq right now it's a whole different war, these so called "coward terrorist" are destroying Iraqi people's lives and what they believe in. I hope that the Iraqi people can get back on their own two feet again and self rule their own government. Bring our boys and girls back. I don't like what the Bush administration has done or how it's been handled, but we still need to support our troops wherever they may be. Like what's been said before in this posting, without war then we're not going to be able to enjoy our freedom and the lifestyle that we take for granted. GOD BLESS THE U.S.A.!!!


Top
  
 
 Post subject: What are you people thinking?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:55 pm 
Offline
Recruit

Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:29 pm
Posts: 1
Location: Ft. Benning, GA
Look, when you look at Iraq you have to think about this question. Do you want the fighting in Iraq? Or do you want more terrorist attacks on our side of the ocean? At some point you need to take sides. The world is not united in peace whether you like it or not. The war in Iraq(By the way it's still a war and it's not over by a long shot) keeps the majority of the bad guys attention on the losses they receive there. If you didn't know, we get a hell of alot more of them than they get of ours and there's plenty more of those bastards trying to get into Iraq to get a few shots at Americans. Do we need to bring our boys home? I did my year over there and I think we dont need to come home at all. I think we need to shorten tours and increase the size of our military. All you homesteading kids that dont want to get involved need to understand one thing. To secure the future of our nation we have to keep our overseas interests intact. We have to eliminate the threats that can keep us from maintaining our seat at the top of the food chain. Do we have alot of problems to fix on the homeshore? Hell Yeah! But those problems seem to fix themselves as we spread our influence in the global community. The choice you need to make is how you want to "serve" your country. If you dont like something, do something about it instead of joining the uneducated peanut gallery. Learn about global economics and a little history and get involved in shaping our future instead of hiding behind an X-Box and reality TV shows. Or join the military if you want to take part in the hunt for peace and a little kick-ass. Personally nothing is more satisfying than putting a controled pair into a murderous, psychotic, f@cktard that would like nothing more than to slice your sons and daughters head off because that's what his version of Allah wants. There's more to this world than what your shcool teachers can tell you.

_________________
RLTW


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The war in Iraq
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:08 pm 
LL wrote:
Jessica Ellis (15yrs old) wrote:
This war is :evil: . What is the jpoint. They have found no weapons of Mass destruction. Bush is a stupid a**. But I support the famiies of the
soldiers over there. I ALSO FEEL VERY BAD FOR THOE WHO HAVE LOST LOVED ONES. Because i have cousins over there :(
THIS IS ALL BUSH'S FAULT


Congress is who declares war - not Bush.

Even if there weren't WMD, the fact is that he was killing and maiming his own people. If you want to stand by and watch that, quite frankly, you are coldhearted and inhuman.

And besides, the armed forces are 100% volunteer-based. None of your cousins are over there against their will. If they didn't want to fight, they shouldn't have joined the army.


That is not all true, there are thousands who are being held beyond their discharge date against their will


Top
  
 
 Post subject: ok
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:41 pm 
i've got just a bit for you..

operation iraqi liberation!

well most of you pretend to care about those poor dying people. come on. who's going to stand up and be honest. you don't want to die.. do you really care if the man three blocks over and two streets down dies? no. most people would pretend to care and then drive by slowly hoping that the man lived alone and had no family to claim his belongings. sale!

is it really democracy you want? is it really capitalism? why not. look what it's given us.. cough cough (i.e. smog)


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:32 pm 
I think that some are very very fanatic because if you call a liberation kill tens of a thousands of innocents and if you think the war is good its because that you are very fanatic. I think this is very coward of the United States to attack weakest. And its funniest that Iraqi win against the beast army in the world.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: The war in Iraq
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:17 am 
hat42 wrote:
LL wrote:
Jessica Ellis (15yrs old) wrote:
This war is :evil: . What is the jpoint. They have found no weapons of Mass destruction. Bush is a stupid a**. But I support the famiies of the
soldiers over there. I ALSO FEEL VERY BAD FOR THOE WHO HAVE LOST LOVED ONES. Because i have cousins over there :(
THIS IS ALL BUSH'S FAULT


Congress is who declares war - not Bush.

Even if there weren't WMD, the fact is that he was killing and maiming his own people. If you want to stand by and watch that, quite frankly, you are coldhearted and inhuman.

And besides, the armed forces are 100% volunteer-based. None of your cousins are over there against their will. If they didn't want to fight, they shouldn't have joined the army.


That is not all true, there are thousands who are being held beyond their discharge date against their will


Actually, when you volunteer, you're volunteering for at LEAST 8 years (it's in every contract, and they spell it out for you), and also with the understanding that you can be involuntarilly extended if needed. We're ALL made aware of these things when we sign on the line. Stop whining.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:30 am 
Offline
Recruit

Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:42 pm
Posts: 20
I say take the war to the enemy before they bring it to us again and anyone taking up for these supposedly innocent Iraquis needs to realize the same people you feel sorry for would kill you given the opprotunity.Jessica, I would almost bet that your cousins know why their there and you should support them fully or just STFU.We gambled with our lives in 1991 because we knew it was the right thing to do.There will always be men willing to die so others may live without fear and there will always be crybaby liberals that question our leaders decisions.Nobody wants to go to war but when it was my turn, I decided that I would rather me go than the next generation, unfortunantly we weren't allowed to finish the job so now we once again send Americas sons into harms way. BTW, my wifes uncle was a career Marine he served in Desert Storm as an enlisted man.One year after becoming a warrent officer he was killed in Kut, Iraq.Remember it's because of men like him that you sleep free tonight.


IN MEMORY OF CWO ROBERT CHANNEL- U.S.M.C.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron