Aschaffenburg Germany '87-'90

Please visit this area and participate in various diffrent topics of discussion.
nome1837
Recruit

Re: Aschaffenburg Germany '87-'90

Post by nome1837 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:23 pm

my kid brother Earl was a SGT in "Phanton Brigade", working with TOP at HHC. I visited him just before thanksgiving, through Christmas then stayed in his apartment after he deployed to Saudi Dec 1990 until March 1991. He rotated to Korea then at Fort Ord for that closing. He passed away in Monterey. I would love to hear from others who might have served with him. I really miss him a bunch. In a fairly large family, kids tend to have one "confidant" and he was mine-and the only one of my siblings my own kids ever respected LOL.
Bertie
Andre
Recruit

Post by Andre » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:26 pm

I am sure that I know you just not by your user name. If you happen to open this post one day reply. I managed Moms for Ova And Tracy. When I have time between studies I dedicate three hours per month searching for lost friends that I had in A-burg, yes it is I Andre. What the heck my e-mail is andregipson@sbcglobal.net
nome1837
Recruit

Post by nome1837 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:32 pm

Andre; thanks for replying. With your permission I am sending your contact information along to my mom. She lived with my brother as his dependant and he was her "baby". They were great together. She was very much involved in the community there- she didnt really fit in anywhere being a mom not a wife , so was invited everywhere LOL. You probably recognize her name- Beth Bartley. She is struggling now without him, even though it has been ten years since he passed, and she is doing the tough job of chosing to hang on to his personal effects and have them trashed when she passes away or of finding someone who served with Earl and would like to have momentos, Stars and Stripes etc from his time there. Im not in a postiton to help her and Im not sure she even trusts me to take care of the things. She even has a letter sent by the Colonel in reply to a petiton by the officers' wives NOT to let Earl be deployed because the processes at the base would fall apart LOL. The Colonel wrote back that if he was deployed he was taking Earl with him. Its a fun note. I got most of the T shirts like the VICTORY one and the Hard Rock Cafe in Kuwait under temperary management ones that I had made into poster, but she has a lot of stuff she wants to find a good home for. Thanks
Bertie
GarySchlom
Recruit

Post by GarySchlom » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:16 pm

I was there From 86-88 E co 1/7 3rd ID @ Graves Kaserne. 1SGT Pelletier was there, Lt Zeik, Cpl Barry beavers, Dave Pollack.. If you know me or was there at that time let me know.. Sure do miss the BEER!!

Email me @ gary.schlom@gmail.com
Perryman
Recruit
Your Gulf War Unit: HHB 3/12FA Commo

Post by Perryman » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:19 pm

Perryman checking in.. just stumbled across this post...
I sure miss those times. Pulling Curtesy Patrol down in the Triangle.. getting hammered at Logo's.. good times for sure.
I was HHB 3/12FA Commo '89-'91 shutdown and then onto Hanau 1/32 Bravo Battery Commo..

Of all the folks to see on here.. Sgt. Miller. Dude, you got me drunk as a skunk while I was still going thru in-processing.. lol Finished in-processing and was off on a battery trip to Yugoslavia...
Crete was awesome!! As I recall on my last trip with 1/32.. we had the fastest lay-time ever recorded. Sgt Rose (Range Safety) was freaked out about it because we did it in 13 seconds flat. We were the last unit to ever fire a Lance in Crete.. out with a bang!!

I currently live near Wash DC in Northern, VA...
Holler at me if there is anyone in the area. I'm right off Quantico Marine Base.

Mike
Dagger X-Ray
Good Soldiers Never Die
Your Gulf War Unit: 2nd Brigade 1st Infantry Division

Post by Dagger X-Ray » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:39 am

Welcome to the forums Perryman, I remember a rock quarry in Hanau that we used to go swimming at back in the late 90's. It had a very high bridge we used to jump from, did you ever get to go there?
Dagger X-Ray - ARMY
(12/91 - present) - miss the service
(9/90 - 12/91) 2nd Bde 1st Infantry Division - Desert Shield / Desert Storm Combat VET
(9/88 - 9/90) C-17th Signal Battalion of 22nd Signal Brigade - Sachsenhausen Bar Scene VET
(4/88 - 9/88) AIT Fort Gordon, Ga
(12/87 - 3/88) Basic Training Fort Jackson, SC
"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-George Orwell
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."
- General George Patton
Perryman
Recruit

Post by Perryman » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:22 am

nope. I heard of the place.. but I was either off skiing somewhere or in the field all the time.

Top thought I was a God because I actually knew how to do my job... the bastard tasked me out to everybody to make brownie points.. lol

Then, we are getting our orders to PCS.. I aske Top to "hang-on just a second"...

I started tapping my heels to gether chanting there was no place like home... I wanted AP Hill...
I got Fort Riley.. 1/5FA HHB.. and damned if Top didn't show up as Divarty 1st Sgt..

I think I was setup.. lol 8O

BTW.. thanks for the avitar.. I was cleaning my shed out a couple weeks ago and found 5 of those exact unit crests... pretty cool man 8)
redfish
Good Soldiers Never Die
Your Gulf War Unit: 24th Infantry Division, 197th Infantry Brigage, 72 Engr Co.

Post by redfish » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:16 pm

Welcome to the forum. Good to see a new face in here.
Shield/Storm
18th Airborne Corps
24th Infantry Division
197th Infantry 72 ENGR CO
Assault and Barrier Pltn
"Sledgehammer"
Dagger X-Ray
Good Soldiers Never Die
Your Gulf War Unit: 2nd Brigade 1st Infantry Division

Post by Dagger X-Ray » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:35 pm

Ya mon, I was HHC 2nd Bde at Ft Riley myself just up the road from you. Shame you never made it to the quarry, German Ta-Tas everywhere since they had no problems with being topless in public unlike here in the states.
Dagger X-Ray - ARMY
(12/91 - present) - miss the service
(9/90 - 12/91) 2nd Bde 1st Infantry Division - Desert Shield / Desert Storm Combat VET
(9/88 - 9/90) C-17th Signal Battalion of 22nd Signal Brigade - Sachsenhausen Bar Scene VET
(4/88 - 9/88) AIT Fort Gordon, Ga
(12/87 - 3/88) Basic Training Fort Jackson, SC
"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-George Orwell
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."
- General George Patton
Redleg13f2h
Soldier
Your Gulf War Unit: HHB 2/1 FA 1ST AD

Post by Redleg13f2h » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:39 am

Perryman wrote:nope. I heard of the place.. but I was either off skiing somewhere or in the field all the time.

Top thought I was a God because I actually knew how to do my job... the bastard tasked me out to everybody to make brownie points.. lol

Then, we are getting our orders to PCS.. I aske Top to "hang-on just a second"...

I started tapping my heels to gether chanting there was no place like home... I wanted AP Hill...
I got Fort Riley.. 1/5FA HHB.. and damned if Top didn't show up as Divarty 1st Sgt..

I think I was setup.. lol 8O

BTW.. thanks for the avitar.. I was cleaning my shed out a couple weeks ago and found 5 of those exact unit crests... pretty cool man 8)
When was this? I was with HHB from 93-94, under SFC Darlington in FIST. Got there as a corporal, made sergeant, but then ended up getting out.
HHB 2/1 FA 1ST AD, 4/70 AR FIST, Pinder Brrks 90-91
260th FA DET FIST/ Air Assault Instructor, Fort Rucker 91-92
HHT 2/11 ACR, Wildflecken 92-93
HHB 1/5 FA 1ST ID, Fort Riley 93-94
HHB 1/119 FA, 3/126 AAS, Michigan National Gaurd 94-97
Perryman
Recruit

Post by Perryman » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:59 am

Redleg13f2h wrote: When was this? I was with HHB from 93-94, under SFC Darlington in FIST. Got there as a corporal, made sergeant, but then ended up getting out.
Got there in the spring of 92 and I signed out (ETS) in Oct of 93. I lived off-post in Herington so I wasn't around much after duty hours...
DsrtStrmVet91
Recruit
Your Gulf War Unit: C co 1st/502nd 101 st ABN

Post by DsrtStrmVet91 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:22 pm

I was one of the last people to PCS from 4/7 INF Fiori Kaserne....met my wife at Gastbys on a Sunday night, she is from Baltimore, MD and we r still married. I PCS'ed 31 Oct 1990 and became a Screaming Eagle and after PCS leave hit the ground running at FTCKY 15 Dec , 2 weeks later I was in the Storm just in time for the war. Why didn't the locals like me? I couldn't score to save my life....lol.
DsrtStrmVet91
Recruit
Your Gulf War Unit: C co 1st/502nd 101 st ABN

Post by DsrtStrmVet91 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:33 pm

Does anyone remember the midget from Hellburgers and frequent clubber? Hellburgers was the spot for the late night Gyro. I partied at Gatsby's doing the running man dance to Rob Base and Been around the world, Milli Vanilli lol
Perryman
Recruit

Post by Perryman » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:27 pm

DsrtStrmVet91 wrote:Does anyone remember the midget from Hellburgers and frequent clubber?
Yes I do, and I also remember walking the opposite direction when I would see her coming.. lol :?
dreadcptflint
Recruit
Your Gulf War Unit: Bravo 4/7 Inf

Post by dreadcptflint » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:06 pm

I was there from 89 to 92. Bravo Company 4/7 Inf. I was married most of my tour so I had a little bit of a different experience. I left an Sergent. I am back in Washington State. If you remember McColm then drop me a line at matthew@nwi.net or find me on face book, I am there on the Aschaffenburg community.