"GULF WAR ILLNESS"---IMPORTANT

Please visit this area and participate in various diffrent topics of discussion.
DOC7777
Recruit

"GULF WAR ILLNESS"---IMPORTANT

Post by DOC7777 » Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:59 pm

HEY VETS,
I TRAVELED FROM JUBAIL, SAUDI ARABIA INTO KUWAIT DURING OPERATION DESERT STORM. AFTER MY ARRIVAL BACK HOME, I DEVELOPED A GASTROINTESTINAL ILLNESS THATS GOT PROGRESSIVELY WORSE OVER THE PAST 12 YEARS OR SO. TELL ME IF THIS SOUNDS FAMILIAR..... STARTS OUT WITH A LITTLE NAUSEA USUALLY AFTER THE FIRST THING I EAT IN THE MORNINS, THEN RAPIDLY INTENSITY OF MID-LINE ABDOMINAL PAIN AND PROFUSE VOMITING. I HAVE INCREDIBLE THIRST, PROFUSE SWEATING, AND ALMOST TOTAL LOSS OF MUSCLE CONTROL. IF NOT TREATED IN THE E.R., I MIGHT GO INTO SEIZURES. ITS THE WORST PAIN I'VE EVER HAD. AND IT'S BECOME MORE FREQUENT AS THE YEARS GO ON.
IF ANYONE OUT THERE HAS A SIMILAR CONDITION, PLEASE CONTACT ME HERE OR E-MAIL ME AT : WINDCHASER7777777@YAHOO.COM. I'M IN THE MIDDLE OF TRYING TO GET ON DISABILITY THROUGH THE VA. I RESIDE IN FLORIDA AND I HAVE A SENATOR AND 2 CONGRESSMEN ON MY SIDE. IF ANYONE HAS THE SAME SYMPTOMS, WE SHOULD GET TOGETHER SO WE CAN HELP EACH OTHER OUT.
THANKS FOR TAKING TIME OUT TO READ THIS AND THANKS FOR YOUR DEVOTION TO OUR COUNTRY. GOOD LUCK AND TAKE CARE.

ERIC ROEMER HM3/USN

Here what I can offer

Post by guest » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:29 pm

I was medically retired due excessive diarreha, samething you have, stomach cramps, nausea. My surgeon in the Army thought a Nissenfundilipcation (for GERD) would fix the problem NOPE made it WORSE.

After being retired I finally git thru the VA rated at 80% and unemployible. It also took loosing three jobs, trying voc rehab for two different jobs.

I finally also got the Social Security Admin, to honor my claim also.

If you did the EST physical and have a copy along with your DD-214 YOu can go to your regional office and file.

Good luck
JDC

Gulf war illness

Post by guest » Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:09 pm

Boy does that sound familiar. My husband went thru the same thing with an array of diagnosis. They finally diagnosed him with ganglioneuromatosis. HUH? They can't figure out why he has it. Bottom line, he nearly died, 15 surgeries, last one they removed his large intestine.

Be very aggressive. Contact the DAV, Disabled American Veterans and the American Legion. I wish we had known about them in the beginning.

Best wishes.