Please help

Please visit this area and participate in various diffrent topics of discussion.
Jordams

Please help

Post by Jordams » Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:50 pm

Hi my name is Jordams and I am 15 yrs old. I recentle got a project were i needed to create a documentary comparing an contrasting the views of two war veterans. I am making this post to ask any of you if you know of a war veteran (Desert STorm) who I could interview online. Baically email them the questions andhave them send the responses back. If anyone can help me I greatly apprciate it. Thank you. God Bless.

Post by Guest » Thu May 05, 2005 2:09 pm

do you know what scud stands for?
need help on pro
Scout

Post by Scout » Fri May 06, 2005 9:45 am

Hi I was in the 3 rd Armoured Div. 1 st brigade 4-32 Ar Battalion scout platoon. Ill do it send Ouestions thru message Board

Post by Guest » Fri May 06, 2005 9:52 am

Scud was /is a designation to differentiate one type of missle from another. It falls under the catogory of "Free -Rocket-Over-Ground" which is basically a point and shoot type of missle with a CEP measured in miles not meters. CEP stands for "Circular error Probability" which means if i fire Rocket"Zulu" at a target it has a "X" percent chance of hitting within "Y"meters of the target on average
Anonymous wrote:do you know what scud stands for?
need help on pro

Post by Guest » Fri May 06, 2005 1:11 pm

thanks for all the help. if you guys come across any interesting facts that would be very appreciated.
RichardLowry
Author of Gulf War Chronicles
Your Gulf War Unit: Military Historian and Author

Post by RichardLowry » Sun May 08, 2005 3:04 pm

Free rocket over ground weapons are FROG missiles. SCUDs were developed by the Russians to carry tactical nuclear weapons. They are guided missiles, although they were never intended to be very accurate. As we used to say in the Navy, "Close is only good in horshoes, handgrenades and nuclear weapons."