Asthma

Please visit this area and participate in various diffrent topics of discussion.
One Shot
Recruit

Asthma

Post by One Shot » Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:16 pm

Does anyone have asthma now since they got back from Desert Storm? I was diagnosed with cold weather asthma about 2 - 3 years ago.
Semper Fi!
Brad Crouse
(Cpl Crouse)
Task Force Ripper 1st Bn 7th Marines
One Shot
Recruit

Re: Huh?

Post by One Shot » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:27 pm

horse647 wrote:
Does anyone have asthma now since they got back from Desert Storm? I was diagnosed with cold weather asthma about 2 - 3 years ago.
Why in the world would you say that?!
horse647

Please explain your question. What did I say that was so bad? The reason that I asked is that I never had cold weather asthma. I wanted to see if there were other out there that is experiencing the same thing.

I grow up in the north east and I was always outside when I was younger. Since I got back from Desert Storm I have had problems and asthma is one of them.
Semper Fi!
Brad Crouse
(Cpl Crouse)
cmtpig
Recruit
Your Gulf War Unit: Please add your Unit

Asthma

Post by cmtpig » Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:59 pm

Hi Brad
I lost 52% of my lungs do to Asthma. I was having breathing probles when i got back I really had problems and was told I had Asthma do to all of the oil well fires. This was a big blow becuase I was a deep sea dive and loged dive's to over 240 feet. I was able to prove that my asthma was infact from being in the gulf and also that I did not have any problems till after I came home. The sad part is I only got 30% from the VA and I can not do any work because I have attacks all the time

Chris in Oregon
HHC 1103rd trans Bn
Port of Damam
One Shot
Recruit

Re: Asthma

Post by One Shot » Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:35 am

cmtpig wrote:Hi Brad
I lost 52% of my lungs do to Asthma. I was having breathing probles when i got back I really had problems and was told I had Asthma do to all of the oil well fires. This was a big blow becuase I was a deep sea dive and loged dive's to over 240 feet. I was able to prove that my asthma was infact from being in the gulf and also that I did not have any problems till after I came home. The sad part is I only got 30% from the VA and I can not do any work because I have attacks all the time

Chris in Oregon
HHC 1103rd trans Bn
Port of Damam
Thank you for your reply and knowledge of your asthma. I am still trying to figure out how I can prove it to VA.

May you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Semper Fi!
Brad Crouse
(Cpl Crouse)