MiddleEast Conflict Memorial Wall

Please visit this area and participate in various diffrent topics of discussion.

MiddleEast Conflict Memorial Wall

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:10 pm

My name is Carla McManus and I came across your website while scrolling the net for a fundraiser that I am working on. I am not a military wife nor have any family members serving, yet am overwhelmed with compassion for our Men & Woman who have served or are serving, and the families that stand behind them. For those reasons I am volunteering with a local event that our nation needs to know about. 2 yrs ago a group of Chicagoland bikers felt so strongly about our current conflict that they have organized a bike run where over 15,000 motorcycles showed up to raise money for a Mideast Conflict Memorial Wall. The response was overwhelming. It has 5 6 foot tall black marble walls containing the names of our fallen troops from: Operation Desert One, Lebanon Barracks Bombing, Operation Desert Shield/Storm, USS Cole, Operation Enduring Freedom, and Operation Iraq Freedom. The Wall was constructed with the efforts of blood, sweat, and tears, and dedicated on June 19,2004. This years run is June 18, 2005 and, sadly, we have over 700 names to add to The Wall. I am writing you to ask that you put our link on your website. I am sure there are some wives, husbands, mothers and fathers and former commerades such as yourselves, not knowing that their loved ones are being honored on this beautiful Memorial Wall.
Please check out the website. Please spread the word.
http://www.ilfreedomrun.org
Respectfully,
Carla McManus
karrerla@yahoo.com
STRAYKINGFISHER
Recruit
Your Gulf War Unit: Please add your Unit

Post by STRAYKINGFISHER » Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:59 pm

It is very moving to see that the people who fought for their country are being honored in this way, most of us don't look for any kind of compensation for having been over there, but it sure feels good and your chest fills with pride when someone say, "Thank you for having been there for us", I have only had one encounter like that, for the most part it has been, "Oh, really" and they go about their business.

So thank you to all who have worked hard to honor those who have fallen and God bless you all.
Big Lew
Vet
Your Gulf War Unit: C Btry 6th BN/1st FA

Post by Big Lew » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:11 pm

Thank you for honoring all of our Brothers who made the ultimate sacrifice while serving their country. :)
C-Btry 6th BN, 1st FA
Pinder Barracks, Zirndorf
Rose Barracks, Vilseck(GRAF)
"STEEL ON TARGET!"
ucmelafn
Recruit

Post by ucmelafn » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:11 pm

Thank you for the memorial. I lost 8 fellow Marines and best friends in one night of action during Desert Storm. I am new to this website and was happy to see your message. I have thought of those "jarheads" many a time over the years and I am now trying to find anyone who served with me. I was in Delta Company 3rd LAI out of 29 Palms, California and served from August 1991 to March 1992. I'm from the south and everyone called me "Mississippi" for most of the four years I was in the Marines. If anyone reads this and knows anyone who served during that time please let me know.
"Mississippi"
rodneyw71
Good Soldiers Never Die
Your Gulf War Unit: 354th TFW

Post by rodneyw71 » Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:34 pm

You have an awesome Web site there, I live in NW Indiana I sold my Goldwing lastyear and if I get another bike I hope to join you on a ride.
bilbo37
Good Soldiers Never Die
Your Gulf War Unit: 3rd Battalion (ATC), 58th Aviation

Post by bilbo37 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:31 am

That is an awesome site. Thanks for making the post.