what happed when you got back?

Please visit this area and participate in various diffrent topics of discussion.
Dagger X-Ray
Good Soldiers Never Die
Your Gulf War Unit: 2nd Brigade 1st Infantry Division

Post by Dagger X-Ray » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:22 am

I am glad your hubby has someone like you and am also glad your not one fo the women who refuses to allow him to have any memories of his ex and makes him throw or burn it all. He will need things like that one day to remind him of what life is/was like aside from all the bad dreams, memories and health issues.

You sound like a good person Liz

Bob
Dagger X-Ray - ARMY
(12/91 - present) - miss the service
(9/90 - 12/91) 2nd Bde 1st Infantry Division - Desert Shield / Desert Storm Combat VET
(9/88 - 9/90) C-17th Signal Battalion of 22nd Signal Brigade - Sachsenhausen Bar Scene VET
(4/88 - 9/88) AIT Fort Gordon, Ga
(12/87 - 3/88) Basic Training Fort Jackson, SC
"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-George Orwell
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."
- General George Patton
liznoraas
Vet
Your Gulf War Unit: Please add your Unit

Post by liznoraas » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:44 am

Thanks Bob. I just wish I could find his friend for him. I put him on the lost and found page but no answer. Do you know of any other way to look for him? I dont know alot about him and dont even know if he is still in the army. All I know is his name is James Braun hes about 35 and was originally from Avon MN. I know that my husband would like to see him again and have him meet our 4 kids. I just wish I could do more for him. Any ideas and I will take them.
Liz
Dagger X-Ray
Good Soldiers Never Die

Post by Dagger X-Ray » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:39 am

Can you give me some more info about this James guy (unit name, middle name? etc.)? I actually have a guy here where I work by that name and I'd guess him to be in his mid 30's too.

I have found several friends via some of these sites:
Gulfweb.org
Vetsearch.com
Vetfriends.com
guest books for unit pages of my old unit
Military.com
Gulfwarvets.com
http://www.ngwrc.org in the forums
Dagger X-Ray - ARMY
(9/90 - 12/91) 2nd Bde 1st Infantry Division - Desert Shield / Desert Storm Combat VET
(9/88 - 9/90) C-17th Signal Battalion of 22nd Signal Brigade - Sachsenhausen Bar Scene VET
"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-George Orwell
- General George Patton
liznoraas
Vet

Post by liznoraas » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:07 pm

Well I will look at the other sites that you told me about Bob. Thanks for checking to see if that was the guy I was looking for. I just have to get the guts to go in the attic and look for the tote. I dont like it and there are spiders...my big fear!! LOL! I can handle just about anything but spiders and snakes.
Dagger X-Ray
Good Soldiers Never Die

Post by Dagger X-Ray » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:34 pm

Your welcome Liz.

Spiders????? Come to Florida and I'll show you some Wolf Spiders with leg spans the size of your open hand and bigger....and they are hairy too. Ever seen a spider jump? Come on down.
Dagger X-Ray - ARMY
-George Orwell
- General George Patton
liznoraas
Vet

Post by liznoraas » Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:38 pm

UUMM thanks but no thanks. I have a hard enough time with the little ones here...I call my hubby at work to come and kill them so I can get whatever done. I hate them! I had a bad time with a tarantula(sp?) and havent liked them since...kinda funny seeing as I have boys who like them. But they will come and "stomp the spiders for momma!!"
bilbo37
Good Soldiers Never Die
Your Gulf War Unit: 3rd Battalion (ATC), 58th Aviation

Post by bilbo37 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:57 pm

Dagger X-Ray wrote:Your welcome Liz.

Spiders????? Come to Florida and I'll show you some Wolf Spiders with leg spans the size of your open hand and bigger....and they are hairy too. Ever seen a spider jump? Come on down.
You really know how to win people over with the spiders. Time to start carrying a baseball bat. :D
mcann
Recruit

Post by mcann » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:33 pm

well beside the night mares and the habit of sleeping with my pistol every night. You grow up really fast in a war zone you know what you want in live and pray to God if you live you do everything to the fullest. 8)
Doc Cann
Desert Storm Dec1990- July1991
Panama Just Cause
2nd FSSG 2nd Med BN. C company
bilbo37
Good Soldiers Never Die

Post by bilbo37 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:46 pm

Well, The night mares are getting to be an annoyance. Yeah they are still messed up and nasty, but it makes me wake up in a foul mood after a night of them.

Most times I atry to get my self to the point of exhaustion to get sleep anymore
mcann
Recruit

Post by mcann » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:12 pm

Bilbo email if you want to talk if you look in Desert experance listing DOC PTSD that was me. I know all about the mares.
Doc Cann
Panama Just Cause
Dagger X-Ray
Good Soldiers Never Die

Post by Dagger X-Ray » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:37 am

I sometimes have dreams / 'mares that have nothing to do with anything I remember going on or seeing over there. Not sure if its just my active imagination in overkill mode or what. Kinda freaks me out sometimes. I mean some of this stuff looks like it come out of an Oliver Stone / Quinton Terrentino movie sometimes.
Dagger X-Ray - ARMY
-George Orwell
- General George Patton
mcann
Recruit

Post by mcann » Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:30 pm

I had a on the road flash back i was driving home from work late on night and i ran arcoss guys working the sewer. they where laying in the road pavement was wet frm water, but in my mind i was back the desert i rolled thru a stop light jumped out of my car grabbed my unit 5 and was running yelling for my team to back me up so i could get to the wounded. fUNNY THinG IS A COP STOPPPED AND ASK WHAT THE HELL I WAS DOING. gave me a ticket for the light and said i could fight in court like id going in the court house and say Sir i flashed back please take my driver license and lock me up.
Doc Cann
Panama Just Cause
rodneyw71
Good Soldiers Never Die
Your Gulf War Unit: 354th TFW

Post by rodneyw71 » Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:52 am

As the late great Chris Farley would say, "Holy Schneikey". 8O
Desert Storm, KFIA, Dec. '90- May '91
RAF Alconbury, UK. '90-'92
KI. Sawyer AFB, MI. '92
434th ARW/LRS, Grissom ARB, IN. 2007-Present
OIF 506th ELRS, Kirkuk, Iraq Sept. '09-Jan. '10
bilbo37
Good Soldiers Never Die

Post by bilbo37 » Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:03 pm

It is very hard to explain things like that to people that have not experienced them..
mcann
Recruit

Post by mcann » Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:17 pm

Here another time My wife fought me off one night i was dreaming i was fightig hand to hand. She told me she felt my hand go up her face and cupping her chins with one hand and the other was on her nose. she know i was dreaming and went to town on me to wake me up.. needless to say i didnt sleep in the same roomn with her to a long while.

:? But i have learned to be at peace with most of the dream they really hardly come now. But what getts me still is a smell or a sound and memorys come flowing back. There are time s wish i had done thngs differently and then there are the times i wouldnt trade in for the world i do miss my Brothers I miss being callled Doc going places and hearing some yell hey Doc how are yea or let me buy you a round on us. :cry:

Remember for you all that are still in or are going in the serves and are reading what i have written here you might hate it when you are in but God how you miss when you are out. I would have had 20 yrs in by July 2006. I left the serve with only ten to go. For the love for my family and new born daughter at the time.

You see i liked the feeling of being shot at the rush it gave you, or the feel of the first time you do your free fall jump for your lead wings. Or do the first time repelling form the hell hole.
I was a junking for that kind of thing to live life to its fullest damn with everyone else, Bosnia was geting hot and my unit was moblizing to leave was the hardest time to do.
Doc Cann
Panama Just Cause