what happed when you got back?

Please visit this area and participate in various diffrent topics of discussion.
brokenclone

hmmm

Post by brokenclone » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:18 pm

Well you fuckers musta just got the shit end of the stick? Upon returning to Germany from Nurnberg (there's no fuckin M in Nurnberg people)
We had a red carpet and a full Army Marching band and when we got back to post there were all the families and friends and so forth there to greet us upon our arrival. Who else were we expecting? All we wanted to see was our close family and friends... I didn't get all bent when no one kissed my ass about going to Desert Storm. Hell I'm proud of my service and would do it again, no questions asked!
rodneyw71
Good Soldiers Never Die
Your Gulf War Unit: 354th TFW

Re: hmmm

Post by rodneyw71 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:43 pm

[quote="brokenclone"]Well you fuckers musta just got the shit end of the stick? Upon returning to Germany from Nurnberg (there's no fuckin M in Nurnberg people)
We had a red carpet and a full Army Marching band and when we got back to post there were all the families and friends and so forth there to greet us upon our arrival. Who else were we expecting? All we wanted to see was our close family and friends... I didn't get all bent when no one kissed my ass about going to Desert Storm. Hell I'm proud of my service and would do it

Wow, you sound like a real hero. But it's a shame you have no self control while sitting in front of your computer. I could just see you now, you were giggling away while dropping the "F" bomb on this site. Nice job.
Desert Storm, KFIA, Dec. '90- May '91
RAF Alconbury, UK. '90-'92
KI. Sawyer AFB, MI. '92
434th ARW/LRS, Grissom ARB, IN. 2007-Present
OIF 506th ELRS, Kirkuk, Iraq Sept. '09-Jan. '10
Dagger X-Ray
Good Soldiers Never Die
Your Gulf War Unit: 2nd Brigade 1st Infantry Division

Re: hmmm

Post by Dagger X-Ray » Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:15 pm

brokenclone wrote:Well you fuckers musta just got the shit end of the stick? Upon returning to Germany from Nurnberg (there's no fuckin M in Nurnberg people)
We had a red carpet and a full Army Marching band and when we got back to post there were all the families and friends and so forth there to greet us upon our arrival. Who else were we expecting? All we wanted to see was our close family and friends... I didn't get all bent when no one kissed my ass about going to Desert Storm. Hell I'm proud of my service and would do it again, no questions asked!

I bet this guy bolo'd out of basic on the 2nd day cuz he could button all his pockets. His "supposed" experiences were probably those of his big brother or father while he sat with his mommy sucking his thumb waiting on a real soldier to come home. Its goobs like this that give real dumbasses a bad name (please pardon my french).
Dagger X-Ray - ARMY
(12/91 - present) - miss the service
(9/90 - 12/91) 2nd Bde 1st Infantry Division - Desert Shield / Desert Storm Combat VET
(9/88 - 9/90) C-17th Signal Battalion of 22nd Signal Brigade - Sachsenhausen Bar Scene VET
(4/88 - 9/88) AIT Fort Gordon, Ga
(12/87 - 3/88) Basic Training Fort Jackson, SC
"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-George Orwell
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."
- General George Patton
bilbo37
Good Soldiers Never Die
Your Gulf War Unit: 3rd Battalion (ATC), 58th Aviation

Post by bilbo37 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:11 am

I don't know Dagger, Maybe he is legit. Probably not though. He could have taken some time to make out his profile instead of just jumping in as a guest.
3rdcavtrooper

return home

Post by 3rdcavtrooper » Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:19 am

I guess different posts celebrated our return in different ways. When the 3rd ACR returned to Ft. Bliss, there was crowds greeting us, the rear-D took our weapons and masks and the mayor gave a speech and fed us. We later had a parade through El Paso and my unit went to the victory parade in Dallas, Texas. The thing that stopped me in my tracks was in Dallas after the parade, I went looking for souvineer T-shirts and a bunch of kids came running up to me asking for my autograph. I asked why and they said that we were heros. I still remember the Philly airport 17 years earlier when a beautiful girl ran up to me and spit at me and called me a baby killer. Glad times have changed.
rodneyw71
Good Soldiers Never Die

Post by rodneyw71 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:22 pm

The Vietnam Vets got the shaft big time, The war that they are currenly fighting is not very popular, but thank God the people are behind the troops 100% because if this were 30 years earlier they may have gotten the same treatment as you did when you returned from Vietnam. My step dad was in vietnam and I have deep respect for him, I couldn't have imagined being drafted right after High school graduation, and get back and be treated the way people treated you guys.
KI. Sawyer AFB, MI. '92
Motocross1
Recruit
Your Gulf War Unit: Please add your Unit

Post by Motocross1 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:53 am

I want to thank all of the soldiers on this forum for defending my freedom(even though it is alittle late).
rpcxx
Recruit

Post by rpcxx » Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:52 am

i dont think its ever to late to thank a vet for what they did at the time and for some of them what they deal with inside their head for the rest of their lifes.
my stepfather was in the Navy during WW2 and Korea. he was involved in 2 combat incidents during WW2 one being a fratricide. his ship was bombed by friendly planes after it was over he was one of the people tasked to go clean up the dead afterwards. i dont think he ever got over that. he spent most of his life very quiet and secluded. so much so i didnt even know he was a Korean Vet untill after he died. a few years before he died he finally opened up to my mother everything about those 2 incidents and she convinced him to go to the VA for help. he got hooked up with a WW2 vet group and it started to help him. my mom tells me it was the best 3 years of their marriage. he developed brain cancer and was dying. i never thanked him for everything he did for me until a few hours before he died and i honestly dont know if he heard or understood me, that still bothers me when i think about it.
at his funeral his support group shows up to pay their respects. as they are shaking my hand saying sorry i thank each one of them for everything they did for Ray and for their service. it was quite a stirring moment as this one tells my he was at Bastogne and this one a POW for 3 yrs and this one in the Marines during the island campaigns, etc. a few minutes later all the wifes of these men come up to me and thank more for what i just did. they tell me i have no idea what it meant to those men to have me thank them.
someone must have told them i was a DS Vet and the next thing i know they are all thanking me for what i did. at this point i am crying and saying i dont deserve your thanks what i did was nothing compared to the things you endured. i was told that was foolish thinking and i deserve their thanks because if i was in their shoes i would have done the same thing.
although i still dont feel i rank anywhere near them. i feel honored and appreciate anybodies thanks for what i did.

I would like to thank RAYMOND M GARNEY for everything he has done and every other Vet for their part no matter how big or small.
KFIA (Dec 90 - June 91)
bravo20
Recruit

Post by bravo20 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:11 am

yeah i am pritty jumppy around loud noises.and got deaf in one ear in bosnia because the massive american helicopters landing and taking off.
doc

hmm

Post by doc » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:05 pm

There were times my sister would find me in the corner crying. night mares almost every night. jumping at every sound that spooked yea.
what a trip in life to go the combat and never ever forget it..
a soound or smell brings back memerys...
Dagger X-Ray
Good Soldiers Never Die

Re: hmm

Post by Dagger X-Ray » Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:32 pm

doc wrote:There were times my sister would find me in the corner crying. night mares almost every night. jumping at every sound that spooked yea.
what a trip in life to go the combat and never ever forget it..
a soound or smell brings back memerys...
Uh-Huh...and my wife doesn't understand it. She thinks its all in my head...I agree and tell her she is right...but I basically just get blown off.

Its a shame we can't share some of those thoughts and memories with others so they could understand themselves.
Dagger X-Ray - ARMY
(9/90 - 12/91) 2nd Bde 1st Infantry Division - Desert Shield / Desert Storm Combat VET
(9/88 - 9/90) C-17th Signal Battalion of 22nd Signal Brigade - Sachsenhausen Bar Scene VET
"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-George Orwell
- General George Patton
liznoraas
Vet

Post by liznoraas » Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:37 pm

Well I want to thank all of you MEN that served. My husband served in Desert Storm and doesnt talk about it alot. I just accept it and figure when he is ready he will tell me. I know that when we first started dating he was jumpy...4 years after DS. But he is a wonderful man, and a great husband and father! Your wife should nt say its all in your head...yes it is but only will be until she realizes that it was a hard thing to do being over there and when you are ready and willing to talk to her about it you will. I am not saying she is wrong just uninformed.

My grampa was a WW2 vet. And my uncle was in Vietnam...he died while on leave he was hit by a train. I wish I could have met him. I think one thing is really ironic is my birthday is Nov. 11...vets day.
rodneyw71
Good Soldiers Never Die

Post by rodneyw71 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:16 am

Thinking about your uncle reminded me about a guy in Chicago who got back from Operation Iraqi freedom, he was on leave and was killed in his home by a stray bullit from a gang fight.
KI. Sawyer AFB, MI. '92
Dagger X-Ray
Good Soldiers Never Die

Post by Dagger X-Ray » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:04 am

After returning from DS1, we had a guy (Joey Pulliam - Col. Moreno's driver) who went home to get his POV and died driving back to Kansas after falling asleep on the interstate. He was one hell of a nice guy, I didn't know him like a best friend or anything but I admit I teared up at his memorial service as did most everyone else in our unit.

Survived a war only to die in a car accident a month later...go figure.

When I started yawning kinda early last night, wifey asked me if everything was ok and I told her I hadn't been sleeping well the last few nights...maybe some odd dreams or something and that I wasn't really sure. I got the usual "so what is it your dreaming abouot this time?" crap she usually gives me. I have shared quite a bit of my experiences with her but she'll never understand and I hate that.
Dagger X-Ray - ARMY
-George Orwell
- General George Patton
liznoraas
Vet

Post by liznoraas » Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:40 pm

Well I can see her point as to not understanding what really happened over there. But I think I am as supportive as I can be with my hubby I let him talk about it when he needs to and not bug him about telling me all about it. I will never understand what it was like to be over there and will never say I understand what he is going through. I just hope that I am there for him as much as he needs me to be. I have a tote of his pictures and other things that he got from over there put away for when he is ready to look at them...even the letters from his ex-wife. I cant throw them away just because they arent married anymore. I even kept their wedding pictures for my step daughter so she could see that yes mom and dad loved each other at one time.
There was one friend of mine that was in CA and was hit by a train...didnt make any sense because he was afraid of trains and the way that he died was suspicious to me. He was a radio type person...dont know the correct term for it. Any ways they had eggs near the radios and they said that he ran in front of the train to keep the eggs from it. UUUMMMM ok.