claimed special forces vet outted

Please visit this area and participate in various diffrent topics of discussion.
haze
Senior Vet
Your Gulf War Unit: 72nd. ENGR. CO. 197TH INF. BDE. 24TH INF

claimed special forces vet outted

Post by haze » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:01 pm

if ya'll remember awhile back in mentioned that at my american legion that theres was a few newer vets claiming to be sf. an how most thought they was full of it...around 3 weeks ago, one was outted...turns out he was a mp.....it came out after the county next door, their vfw along with, other vets, think maybe a few businesses donated cash, for buying him a harley.....after he accepted it, he told how he was the lone survior of his sqd....he even got down on one knee an said a prayer for those lose. ...turns out that after all said an done...he an his story was a fake....if im remembering this right....somebody heard the story an decided to do some background on him an his story...
he ended up confessin , gave back the bike, an is checking himself in a clinic, an is tryin to make amends.....
if i can find the link to story...i'll post it, if thats ok with support.
72nd. ENGR. CO.
197th. INF. BDE(m)(s)
24th. INF.DIV
18th AIRBORNE CORPS
SAPPERS FORWARD!
sledgehammer
Recruit
Your Gulf War Unit: 197 Inf. Bde. Mech. (Sep.) H.H.C.

Re: claimed special forces vet outted

Post by sledgehammer » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:45 am

There is a federal called the Stolen Valor Act. It states one can not wear a medal / citation not awarded. Or claim to be awarded a citition thet did not recieve . This struck down dy the U.S. Supreme court. The only except. is The Medal of Honor which is inv. by the F.B.I.