New Here 5/5 CAV

Please visit this area and participate in various diffrent topics of discussion.
Boyette
Recruit
Your Gulf War Unit: 5/5 Cav

New Here 5/5 CAV

Post by Boyette » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:05 am

Hello everyone.

My unit was 5/5 Cav in Desert Storm (3rd AD, VII corps).
Now living in eastern NC. 100% since 2004 for PTSD.
Still living with the "Why don't you just get over it" from family & friends.

Glad to be here; seems like a lot of good information to be found here as I browse thru it all.

SPC Anthony Boyette
http://www.jonesanthony.com
I couldn't sign up with my VALID email address jones27530@gmail.com. I had to go to www.mailinator.com and use a fake one. So don't contact me by clicking on my profile, the email address is disposable and I won't get your message. Email me directly: jones27530@gmail.com.
haze
Senior Vet
Your Gulf War Unit: 72nd. ENGR. CO. 197TH INF. BDE. 24TH INF

Re: New Here 5/5 CAV

Post by haze » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:10 pm

welcome brother,
for those that has never seen war, & the results of it can never truly understand.
72nd. ENGR. CO.
197th. INF. BDE(m)(s)
24th. INF.DIV
18th AIRBORNE CORPS
SAPPERS FORWARD!
d34gunner
Recruit
Your Gulf War Unit: 3rd Platoon Dco 4/34 Armor 8th ID

Re: New Here 5/5 CAV

Post by d34gunner » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:21 pm

Welcome Home Brother. I was 1/68 Armor, 8th ID...well, they called us 4/34 Armor but we knew better. when 1/68 shut down, my platoon moved as a whole to 4/34 and that unit was messed up like a football bat. our LT was in a Command and Staff meeting and was told 5/5 Cav needed a platoon of tanks his hand shot up before anyone could blink...lol
plenty of good people in 5/5 Cav but for the life of me I can't remember which troop or any names.
this is a great place to vent and share experiences as well as get advice.
have you checked out the 3rd Armored Division page? I didn't see you name listed so check it out and drop them a line to help fill in the blanks on their roster.

http://www.3ad.org/ds_1bde/5cav_5/5cav_5_home.htm
Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, screamin'...HOLY SHIT!! What a Ride!!