Social Security

Please visit this area and participate in various diffrent topics of discussion.
redfish
Good Soldiers Never Die
Your Gulf War Unit: 24th Infantry Division, 197th Infantry Brigage, 72 Engr Co.

Re: Social Security

Post by redfish » Fri May 04, 2012 7:53 pm

Well there it is fellas. Up and down two year battle with SSDI finished. I was finally awarded SSDI.
Shield/Storm
18th Airborne Corps
24th Infantry Division
197th Infantry 72 ENGR CO
Assault and Barrier Pltn
"Sledgehammer"
jmartinez
Recruit
Your Gulf War Unit: HHC 1st Engineers 1st Infantry

Post by jmartinez » Mon May 07, 2012 10:42 pm

redfish wrote:Well there it is fellas. Up and down two year battle with SSDI finished. I was finally awarded SSDI.
Congrats
Lord knows you earned it, I just filed today SSN and was awarded 50% for PTSD from VA last month..
J
redfish
Good Soldiers Never Die

Post by redfish » Tue May 08, 2012 5:32 am

Thnx J.
Congratulations on your VA rating.
Shield/Storm
18th Airborne Corps
24th Infantry Division
Assault and Barrier Pltn
"Sledgehammer"
wdroberson
Soldier
Your Gulf War Unit: 1st ID, 3rd AD, 181st Chem Co, 84th Chem, 46th Chem.

Post by wdroberson » Wed May 09, 2012 1:50 pm

redfish wrote:Well there it is fellas. Up and down two year battle with SSDI finished. I was finally awarded SSDI.

1 year you mean don't you? It says you posted in Jan 2011.... Anyway I took head of all your advice and thanks for the time on the phone advising me. I finally filed for SSDI and just can't be waiting for the VA.

Ironic part is my VA Psychiatrist filled out that Mental Residual Functional Capacity Assessment report for me and there was only four that were marked Moderately Limited. The rest were all Markedly Limited.

He summarized at the end with:

Veterans Symptoms/Diagnosis includes: PTSD (Combat Related), Major Depression, History of suicidal Ideation, Obsessive Compulsive Anxiety Disorder with Panic Attacks.

Symptoms are severe and cronic and he is left to be totally and permanantly disabled for employment. Veteran has been followed by undersigned since Oct, 6, 2010 at the xxxxx VA Clinic. CBOC

That's the way my VA Psychiatrist feels yet the VA has, after two years, still not conceeded that I have a peoblem. They say I am un-diagnosed.

The VA are really mean people in my opinion to know they are the cause of major stress yet continue to toy with me. I hope the SSA is not as cruel.

Oh..and the main reason for this post; Congrats again Redfish! :mrgreen:

Veterans helping Veterans
C&P Database
[url=ts3server://ts3.confusedvet.com:9988]Veterans Voice Server[/url]
redfish
Good Soldiers Never Die

Post by redfish » Wed May 09, 2012 6:46 pm

Yea not 2 years. I filed in Nov. '10 . Thnx everybody.

WDR, have you got copies of your C&P's? How about a letter from your last employer? I think those helped me
Shield/Storm
18th Airborne Corps
24th Infantry Division
Assault and Barrier Pltn
"Sledgehammer"
wdroberson
Soldier

Post by wdroberson » Wed May 09, 2012 7:32 pm

redfish wrote:Yea not 2 years. I filed in Nov. '10 . Thnx everybody.

WDR, have you got copies of your C&P's? How about a letter from your last employer? I think those helped me

I turned in a letter from one former employer that states back in 1998 - 2000 I was exhibiting the problems with isolation, going missing from work, having to be bailed out of jail, and that I obtained psychiatric help and medication back then.

The C&P examiner, you might remember, didn't diagnose me with PTSD but said Axis 1 was Alcohol Abuse in the short and hostile session that we had where she threatened to end the examination. Doubt that would do anything for me but they should have access to that along with all the other VA claim related info that I told them about.

Funny thing is that some employers refuse to give any narrative of my employment and state that it would put the company at risk of liability. I can only assume that since they fired me they think admitting it, and any problems that I had, would give me a cause for a lawsuit for firing a disabled person which is the biggest bunch of BS that I have ever heard. No amount of explaining has ever been fruitful.

C&P Database
redfish
Good Soldiers Never Die

Post by redfish » Wed May 09, 2012 7:59 pm

wdroberson wrote:
redfish wrote:Yea not 2 years. I filed in Nov. '10 . Thnx everybody.

I turned in a letter from one former employer that states back in 1998 - 2000 I was exhibiting the problems with isolation, going missing from work, having to be bailed out of jail, and that I obtained psychiatric help and medication back then.

The C&P examiner, you might remember, didn't diagnose me with PTSD but said Axis 1 was Alcohol Abuse in the short and hostile session that we had where she threatened to end the examination. Doubt that would do anything for me but they should have access to that along with all the other VA claim related info that I told them about.

Funny thing is that some employers refuse to give any narrative of my employment and state that it would put the company at risk of liability. I can only assume that since they fired me they think admitting it, and any problems that I had, would give me a cause for a lawsuit for firing a disabled person which is the biggest bunch of BS that I have ever heard. No amount of explaining has ever been fruitful.

My thought this time around with SS was that I specifically wanted them to see certain comments from docs. My thought was the ss folks would get 4000 pages of stuff and who knows which things they would see and which ones they would not.

When I requested my C&P's from the VARO, they only sent me one C&P ( I had 3 for PTSD ) and they only sent me page 2, 4, 6, and 8. The person who copied it only copied one side and sent it to me. So I wondered what kind of shit the SS office got when they denied me before. I got a hold of the things I wanted them to see. I called the lady working my claim and asked her if I could fax that stuff to her. I faxed it to her and then called her to make sure she got it.
Shield/Storm
18th Airborne Corps
24th Infantry Division
Assault and Barrier Pltn
"Sledgehammer"
wdroberson
Soldier

Post by wdroberson » Wed May 09, 2012 11:09 pm

My thought this time around with SS was that I specifically wanted them to see certain comments from docs. My thought was the ss folks would get 4000 pages of stuff and who knows which things they would see and which ones they would not.

When I requested my C&P's from the VARO, they only sent me one C&P ( I had 3 for PTSD ) and they only sent me page 2, 4, 6, and 8. The person who copied it only copied one side and sent it to me. So I wondered what kind of shit the SS office got when they denied me before. I got a hold of the things I wanted them to see. I called the lady working my claim and asked her if I could fax that stuff to her. I faxed it to her and then called her to make sure she got it.
Yes I am considering that my phase three. I applied online and faxed some documents the next day. Phase two I went down there since they were real close to my Vet Center I go to and it was a good thing I did. they didn't even know where the faxes were. I had all the originals in hand. I submitted them and they made copies and got my file in order.

Now I am going to fax about 10 pages of documents daily for the next couple of weeks and all of them are going to be treatment notes and diagnosis from my treating Psychiatrist, Vet Center LCSW, and anyone else that has determined me to be in need of treatment. Then I am going to go back down there on one of my next Dr. visits and once again carry in hand everything I faxed just to follow up.

Thanks for the advice ..

C&P Database
redfish
Good Soldiers Never Die

Post by redfish » Thu May 10, 2012 7:42 am

Anytime. If I can do anything lemme know. Good luck.
Shield/Storm
18th Airborne Corps
24th Infantry Division
Assault and Barrier Pltn
"Sledgehammer"
redfish
Good Soldiers Never Die

Post by redfish » Fri May 11, 2012 10:08 am

This is a post from another website from another vet:

[b]I am currently in the PRRP (PTSD Residential Recovery Program) here at Tripler for the next 8 weeks.
The program had a SSA representative come in the other day to help the folks here in the PRRP program to apply for SSDI.
This representative said to us that when it comes to the VA and mental health records is to make sure that ALL mental records are released.
The representative said that alot (she didnt use the word MOST) of claims are denied because the VA has locked certain medical records.
She said that we should talk to our VA mental doctors and make sure that they release to SSA any mental records that the VA may have locked.
Thought I would pass this information on to you all so that hopefully if and when you file for SSDI, you have given SSA everything that they need so that your claim can be aproved at the initial filing level
.[/b]

I thought everybody filing for SSDI should see this. I think this happened to me the first time I filed. I don't think SSA saw the records I needed them to see.
Shield/Storm
18th Airborne Corps
24th Infantry Division
Assault and Barrier Pltn
"Sledgehammer"
wdroberson
Soldier

Post by wdroberson » Fri May 11, 2012 8:20 pm

That is some good advice and info. I specifically asked my Psychiatrist if the records were available to the SSA or if there was any locks on things he might nit be wanting me to see and he said "No. Everything that anyone needs to make any decisions are right there in my records and available".

I will be faxing down to my VAMC another ROI Monday to ask for the most current treatment and progress notes. They usually have them back to me in less than 10 days. It is a good VAMC and a good person working the ROI. Thyen I plan to hand carry all I have to the SSA on my next Vet Center visit which is the beginning of next month. Maybe I will make a special trip sooner if I can get my wife to drive me down there.

C&P Database
haze
Senior Vet
Your Gulf War Unit: 72nd. ENGR. CO. 197TH INF. BDE. 24TH INF

Post by haze » Sun May 13, 2012 2:24 pm

congrats
beeb a few since was on...finally had neck surgrey last monday..took out least 2 dics, scraped another, fused neck, dunno about plates(long story), i files for ss the friday before, had surgery 3 days later, got letter this week saying denied..lmao(its not funny)..fastest i ever seen a government office do paperwork....
gonna appeal it, the guy that did interview was a dumbass, total prick, ....prob didn't help that i think i told him that....anyway...wife says i really need 2 control my anger in public..lol
glad 2 hear that you got your ss...i'll get my stuff 2gether an appeal this , im hurt, theirs no getting better , i know it, they know it...government bs in its finest form.
72nd. ENGR. CO.
197th. INF. BDE(m)(s)
24th. INF.DIV
18th AIRBORNE CORPS
SAPPERS FORWARD!
Animal
Vet
Your Gulf War Unit: 24th INF 197th 72 Engineers/18th Airborne Corps

Post by Animal » Sun May 13, 2012 5:58 pm

Haze ,how did your surgery go ,did they enter from the front of the neck or the back ,when they did mine they went in from the front at a civilian hospital because va was not equipped to do this procedure the doc took the spur off and fused 2 and 3 together worked fair but came out with some different complications and went to the va doc some years back with the issues of these complications she just told me hey when you have surgery it may cause other problems and told me directly to suck it up and i directly told her she was not qualified enough to comment on the procedure and that she was more in the range of helping mend the common cold I dont think she like the truth of my comment ,so i told her suck it up and went and seen other doctors but no answers but i did learn to deal with it on a day to day basis ,hope yours heals good take care while your healing but i do know alot of people personally that it helped completly ,take care now and talk with ya later.
DESERT SHIELD/DESERT STORM
197TH/72 ENGINEERS/24TH INF. DIV.
redfish
Good Soldiers Never Die

Post by redfish » Sun May 13, 2012 6:20 pm

haze wrote:congrats
beeb a few since was on...finally had neck surgrey last monday..took out least 2 dics, scraped another, fused neck, dunno about plates(long story), i files for ss the friday before, had surgery 3 days later, got letter this week saying denied..lmao(its not funny)..fastest i ever seen a government office do paperwork....
gonna appeal it, the guy that did interview was a dumbass, total prick, ....prob didn't help that i think i told him that....anyway...wife says i really need 2 control my anger in public..lol
glad 2 hear that you got your ss...i'll get my stuff 2gether an appeal this , im hurt, theirs no getting better , i know it, they know it...government bs in its finest form.

Back the truck up for a minute. Did you apply for SSDI? When you do that, they also check to see if you qualify for SSI. They are different. Everytime I applied, I was denied SSI within a week or so. The SSDI is different and they have had in no way enough time to pull your medical records from the VA. The VARO is just as slow sending SSA stuff as they are sending us our stuff. I think they denied you SSI. Check and see.

Glad to see ya back again. What do you think about our July 6th trip?
Shield/Storm
18th Airborne Corps
24th Infantry Division
Assault and Barrier Pltn
"Sledgehammer"
haze
Senior Vet
Your Gulf War Unit: 72nd. ENGR. CO. 197TH INF. BDE. 24TH INF

Post by haze » Thu May 17, 2012 11:08 pm

redfish,
hell, these days im gettin so confused on what to do, even simple spellin gettin 2 be a chore at times, even thinkin about gettina program for computer that when u talk, it types it out, might help with that some. back 2 your question,,,they told us that we couldn't get ssi...the ss rep was/is a ass , an thats me being nice.
gonna appeal it though, ya no way they got my records that fast, no way.
i'll prob get a lawyer soon, i can't think 2 clearly on things like this, an my temper will prob blow, an stuff...lol
72nd. ENGR. CO.
197th. INF. BDE(m)(s)
24th. INF.DIV
18th AIRBORNE CORPS
SAPPERS FORWARD!