Rashes

Please visit this area and participate in various diffrent topics of discussion.
ballard390
Recruit
Your Gulf War Unit: Please add your Unit

Rashes

Post by ballard390 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:36 pm

Started a new Face book page just concerning rashes.I was talking to someone and she came up with an idea to have a place to be able to post pictures and share information of treatments,What the doctors are calling it, and medications that are working. A lot of us are experiencing the same types of rashes and skin disorders, if we all work together we may be able to pin point some of the causes and get the VA to recognize and treat appropriately.Please feel free to join the group.

http://www.facebook.com/?sk=2361831622# ... 5914181702
desert shield/storm
HHB 2/7 fort bliss
5 jump chump
Fort Gordon
Dagger X-Ray
Good Soldiers Never Die
Your Gulf War Unit: 2nd Brigade 1st Infantry Division

Re: Rashes

Post by Dagger X-Ray » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:26 am

I have had red discoloration slowly kreeping up my legs to my knees over the years. No sores, no open rashes, just discoloration. It did not start until a couple of years after I got out of the service in 1991. I'll post some pic on the FB page once I get some.
Dagger X-Ray - ARMY
(12/91 - present) - miss the service
(9/90 - 12/91) 2nd Bde 1st Infantry Division - Desert Shield / Desert Storm Combat VET
(9/88 - 9/90) C-17th Signal Battalion of 22nd Signal Brigade - Sachsenhausen Bar Scene VET
(4/88 - 9/88) AIT Fort Gordon, Ga
(12/87 - 3/88) Basic Training Fort Jackson, SC
"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-George Orwell
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."
- General George Patton
haze
Senior Vet
Your Gulf War Unit: 72nd. ENGR. CO. 197TH INF. BDE. 24TH INF

Post by haze » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:02 am

i also got some discoloring around my neck, started a few yrs. back. mine maybe just age, dunno.
72nd. ENGR. CO.
197th. INF. BDE(m)(s)
24th. INF.DIV
18th AIRBORNE CORPS
SAPPERS FORWARD!
ballard390
Recruit

Post by ballard390 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:31 pm

I also have that on my legs. The dermatologist used the term gloved phenomenon. I googled it and could not find anything. I am sure there is a different medical term for it. What the dermatologist noticed is that if you close enough (at mine) you can see where it stops, which is at the top of my "sock line". He was telling me that It could happen where the skin is constricted such as with gloves, socks, etc. It could be the same with you haze.Do you where shirts that are tight around your neck a lot like a shirt and tie? or tight collar T-shirts?
desert shield/storm
HHB 2/7 fort bliss
5 jump chump
Fort Gordon
haze
Senior Vet
Your Gulf War Unit: 72nd. ENGR. CO. 197TH INF. BDE. 24TH INF

Post by haze » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:16 pm

my shirts are all loose, don"t wear ties , but about twice a year. it don"t bother me any , just noticed the discolorzation. i figured it was just age. but soon i gotta go to a c& p , so i"ll ask them about it.
72nd. ENGR. CO.
197th. INF. BDE(m)(s)
24th. INF.DIV
18th AIRBORNE CORPS
SAPPERS FORWARD!
ballard390
Recruit

Post by ballard390 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:01 am

The ones on my legs don't bother me either. I was worried about the discoloration because of other problems I have had.Thought it was sun related. Never hurts to get it checked out.
desert shield/storm
HHB 2/7 fort bliss
5 jump chump
Fort Gordon
Dagger X-Ray
Good Soldiers Never Die

Post by Dagger X-Ray » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:28 am

I forgot to add in my original post that I also have the same discoloration on my temples and into my hairline. VA gave me some cream years back to try and "bleach" it out but it never worked. I guess it was their attempt to make it go away instead of trying to figure out what was causing it.
Dagger X-Ray - ARMY
(9/90 - 12/91) 2nd Bde 1st Infantry Division - Desert Shield / Desert Storm Combat VET
(9/88 - 9/90) C-17th Signal Battalion of 22nd Signal Brigade - Sachsenhausen Bar Scene VET
"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-George Orwell
- General George Patton
xrammyx
Vet
Your Gulf War Unit: 1st Armored Division HHB 6/3 ADA

Post by xrammyx » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:41 pm

ballard390 wrote:Started a new Face book page just concerning rashes.I was talking to someone and she came up with an idea to have a place to be able to post pictures and share information of treatments,What the doctors are calling it, and medications that are working. A lot of us are experiencing the same types of rashes and skin disorders, if we all work together we may be able to pin point some of the causes and get the VA to recognize and treat appropriately.Please feel free to join the group.

http://www.facebook.com/?sk=2361831622# ... 5914181702
thanks for the group, i will be sending my pics soon, my rashes are really getting to me this month, my hands are so messed up right now...
HHB 6/3 ADA
Schwabach, Germany
Desert Shield/Storm
xrammyx
Vet

Post by xrammyx » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:43 pm

Dagger X-Ray wrote:I forgot to add in my original post that I also have the same discoloration on my temples and into my hairline. VA gave me some cream years back to try and "bleach" it out but it never worked. I guess it was their attempt to make it go away instead of trying to figure out what was causing it.
I got the same thing some cream, but it never worked, its mostly on hands and my thighs and my stomach, drives me crazy...
HHB 6/3 ADA
Schwabach, Germany
Desert Shield/Storm
ballard390
Recruit

Post by ballard390 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:01 pm

I think they gave me the same cream. Must be the go away cream.Take this and go away.I cant complain though.The dermatologist I have here at the VA is pretty good.My latest problem was on my arm. Started out as a small sore then spread up and around my arm.If you guys get a chance check out some of the photos or post if you can.We are trying to gather as much info as we can and get as many people involved as possible.Working on getting some Drs. to take a look.Thanks

xrammyx where you in a patriot unit?
desert shield/storm
HHB 2/7 fort bliss
5 jump chump
Fort Gordon
xrammyx
Vet

Post by xrammyx » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:17 pm

ballard390 wrote:I think they gave me the same cream. Must be the go away cream.Take this and go away.I cant complain though.The dermatologist I have here at the VA is pretty good.My latest problem was on my arm. Started out as a small sore then spread up and around my arm.If you guys get a chance check out some of the photos or post if you can.We are trying to gather as much info as we can and get as many people involved as possible.Working on getting some Drs. to take a look.Thanks

xrammyx where you in a patriot unit?
we supported Patriot units, i was with Vulcans and Chapparals
HHB 6/3 ADA
Schwabach, Germany
Desert Shield/Storm
Gunbunny
Recruit
Your Gulf War Unit: 4thBN/5thFA

Post by Gunbunny » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:30 am

The VA gave me some cream probly the same kind. I had rashes on my feet and it spread to my ankles. It started out as flaky for a few days then it was discolered skin then after that it left a scar. It looks like it healed but there's a indentation where it was. It would appear at the same location on both feet and ankles. Like a mirror image.

4th BN 5th FA
Ft Riley KS
Dagger X-Ray
Good Soldiers Never Die

Post by Dagger X-Ray » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:19 am

Welcome Gunbunny, Glad you found us.

You're not alone, there are several 4-5 FA guys here. I was a Ft Riley as well and in 2nd Bde. ,
I also suffer from the rashes, I have them up to my knee caps now on both legs.
Dagger X-Ray - ARMY
-George Orwell
- General George Patton
Gunbunny
Recruit
Your Gulf War Unit: 4thBN/5thFA

Post by Gunbunny » Sat May 28, 2011 11:40 am

Thank you for welcoming me to the web site Dagger X-Ray. It feels good to have people that we all can relate to. I have limited computer access. So please forgive me if I can't reply right away or all the time. I want to thank everybody for their service to our country on this memorial day weekend. I would also like to send my deepest sympathy to those who have lost or can't find their loved ones. I've shed lots of tears learning about those people on this web site.

Gunbunny
4thBN / 5th FA