I need help

Please visit this area and participate in various diffrent topics of discussion.
bilbo37
Good Soldiers Never Die
Your Gulf War Unit: 3rd Battalion (ATC), 58th Aviation

Post by bilbo37 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:42 am

If you are going to a VA hospital, you could stop in and see them. Ask them if you can have your paperwork updated.
rodneyw71
Good Soldiers Never Die
Your Gulf War Unit: 354th TFW

Post by rodneyw71 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:51 am

sometime soon I'm going to go to theVA office and see if he can get it up dated, how much paperwork is involved with it. How many other people have a problem with this? Thanks for the help.
Desert Storm, KFIA, Dec. '90- May '91
RAF Alconbury, UK. '90-'92
KI. Sawyer AFB, MI. '92
434th ARW/LRS, Grissom ARB, IN. 2007-Present
OIF 506th ELRS, Kirkuk, Iraq Sept. '09-Jan. '10
bilbo37
Good Soldiers Never Die

Post by bilbo37 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:01 am

Not too sure about how much paperwork is involved. Take all of your records that you have to a VA facility and ask them to make copies FOR THEM, that you want your originals back.

There are veteran service centers at each of the VA centers. There are also other places that may help. Check with your local American legion, or VFW posts to see if they can help you out.
rodneyw71
Good Soldiers Never Die

Post by rodneyw71 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:21 pm

The records center has a web site, I went on there and put my info in and faxed my request to them. They E-mailed me back and said it could take up to 25 weeks to process it. I didn't know what to tell them, except I wanted the dates that I was in Desert storm on my 214, The ribbon is on there but I wanted the dates. We'll see what happens, if they don't then oh well can't say I didn't try.
KI. Sawyer AFB, MI. '92
bilbo37
Good Soldiers Never Die

Post by bilbo37 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:37 pm

Well, at least you got it started. But I wouldn't wait that long. I would give it maybe a month or two and call to check on the process. You know the Gov. They love to lose things.

Best of luck to you.
rodneyw71
Good Soldiers Never Die

Post by rodneyw71 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:52 pm

I know how they work, I wonder if they need this form I have with the dates on it. I suppose they'll E-mail me if they do.
KI. Sawyer AFB, MI. '92
bilbo37
Good Soldiers Never Die

Post by bilbo37 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:24 am

You might want to fax a copy to them. By the time that they figure that they need it, it could be next month.
rodneyw71
Good Soldiers Never Die

Post by rodneyw71 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:51 am

It's got my SSN on it and I don't want just anybody getting their hands on it, they gave me a order number I guess I could put that number on it.
KI. Sawyer AFB, MI. '92
bilbo37
Good Soldiers Never Die

Post by bilbo37 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:36 am

By all means. You could blot out your SSN and call them to let them know that you are sending it.

Can't be too careful anymore.
Outlaw
Recruit
Your Gulf War Unit: Please add your Unit

Post by Outlaw » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:24 pm

I filed a V.A claim about a year ago after being urged to by some fellow Vets. IMO the process was a joke. I have been sick for about six years now, with some mild symptoms (memory loss) that started after returning from the Gulf. My symptoms are much worse now with most of it being nuerological (vision, muscle twitching, weakness etc...).

I recieved a letter from the D.O.D. in about 97 stating that I was (along with about 100k others) exposed to Sarin and Cyclo Sarin gas when an Iraqi munitions depot was destroyed near us at Kamasiyah (sp) Iraq. On top of this we had several occasions when our gas alarms activated. I also recieved Artillery fire during an engagement with Iraqi Infantry near the border just prior to the ground war.

I recieved a response back from the V.A. saying that they accepted my hearing loss as service connected with 0% disability. My hearing loss was first discovered while in the Army and at the time they stated that I was entitled to nothing. I was around helicopters on a daily basis as an Aero Scout Observer (93b).

The V.A. in their response is stating that I have to prove that I was in combat. I have no idea how to prove this other than to give them dates and some names of people I was with. On top of this they said they lost my medical tests that were done when I entered the gulf war registry a few years ago.

It is an insult that they would question my honesty when I told them about being combat, and told me I had to prove it. I don't know if it is worth fighting them on this any further. With my health problems it is hard just to get by day to day.
MotherMargaret
Recruit

sorry to hear this, but you have options

Post by MotherMargaret » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:49 pm

That certainly is discouraging.

So very sorry to hear this.

Chin up, soldier. Looks like you're still in a war!

I think that the 'we lost your records' thing sounds strangely familiar. With the group I know best, I heard from one source that Exxon removed the medical info from the clinic to a safer place, or one in their control. Whatever ...

But I also heard from someone who went to court against them ... that the judge ordered Exxon to produce this man's medical info from 1989 and to pay his medical. They have never done so, which is extremely incriminating if you ask me. I suspect they can't; and if they could, they wouldn't because they KNOW what happened to the bioremediation workers of the Exxon Valdez oil spill cleanup.

At any rate, it's sort of like the Cinderella story, if you ask me. She would say, "Oh, the glass slipper is lost?" "Never mind, I have another"

I believe the proof of the 2-butoxyethanol harm, at least, is still with you.
And tells the same story. You have to recognize the overall pattern which varies from person to person, but the fatigue is the provable issue: acquired compensated autoimmune hemolytic anemia.

a post I just did on a new forum I'm doing

Notice the 3 other related forums by going to the LINKS on this site

There are a couple of hundred links, so please take a look
Outlaw
Recruit

Post by Outlaw » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:51 pm

Thanks, I will check it out.
bilbo37
Good Soldiers Never Die

Post by bilbo37 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:25 pm

Outlaw,
Maybe thats what they want you to do. They know that you were there. Get someone that can help track down your records. Find your Plt sgt anyone that was there with you.
bravo20
Recruit

Post by bravo20 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:32 am

sorry that your husband is ill but i cant help sorry
jeremy