Gulf War Review

Please visit this area and participate in various diffrent topics of discussion.
xrammyx
Vet
Your Gulf War Unit: 1st Armored Division HHB 6/3 ADA

Gulf War Review

Post by xrammyx » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:36 pm

Did anyone get the 20th anniversary poster and review this month from the VA?
HHB 6/3 ADA
Schwabach, Germany
Desert Shield/Storm
Dagger X-Ray
Good Soldiers Never Die
Your Gulf War Unit: 2nd Brigade 1st Infantry Division

Re: Gulf War Review

Post by Dagger X-Ray » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:47 pm

Yes, I got one on Monday
Dagger X-Ray - ARMY
(12/91 - present) - miss the service
(9/90 - 12/91) 2nd Bde 1st Infantry Division - Desert Shield / Desert Storm Combat VET
(9/88 - 9/90) C-17th Signal Battalion of 22nd Signal Brigade - Sachsenhausen Bar Scene VET
(4/88 - 9/88) AIT Fort Gordon, Ga
(12/87 - 3/88) Basic Training Fort Jackson, SC
"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-George Orwell
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."
- General George Patton
xrammyx
Vet

Post by xrammyx » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:24 pm

one thing I do have to say, that they never have any pics from VII corp in our green BDU's...I did not get my desert BDU's until a week before we left...
HHB 6/3 ADA
Schwabach, Germany
Desert Shield/Storm
Dagger X-Ray
Good Soldiers Never Die

Post by Dagger X-Ray » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:43 pm

I never got any, I wore woodlands the whole time I was there. After I got back I bought a set and had my patches sewn on then.
Dagger X-Ray - ARMY
(9/90 - 12/91) 2nd Bde 1st Infantry Division - Desert Shield / Desert Storm Combat VET
(9/88 - 9/90) C-17th Signal Battalion of 22nd Signal Brigade - Sachsenhausen Bar Scene VET
"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-George Orwell
- General George Patton
xrammyx
Vet

Post by xrammyx » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:03 pm

Dagger X-Ray wrote:I never got any, I wore woodlands the whole time I was there. After I got back I bought a set and had my patches sewn on then.
Wow that is horrible, had no idea that some did not get any...geez...
HHB 6/3 ADA
Schwabach, Germany
Desert Shield/Storm
xrammyx
Vet

Post by xrammyx » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:12 pm

Well was reading through the review and saw some illnesses that they are approving, but you have to be diagnosed back in the 90's and still have them today, if I am reading it right, I'm really disturbed, cause what in the hell did they know back then? nothing, they just gave you meds and away you went....ok reading again....it says

" most of these diseases would be diagnosed within one year of return from Southwest Asia, though some conditions may manifest at a later time"

WTF, did anyone get a diagnosis like that when you first got back, well maybe some did, but I didn't....i think the last part might help us out, but alas how in the world are they going to back and look at records and see if you were diagnosed with the diseases listed if they didn't even know what the hell to call them..ugh...more babble from the VA, well at least to me anyways...geez...I get madder every time I read crap like that, but I will calm down and study it more...well if anyone has anything to say on it please let me know, I would like to know what you think about it?

Ramrod
HHB 6/3 ADA
Schwabach, Germany
Desert Shield/Storm
haze
Senior Vet
Your Gulf War Unit: 72nd. ENGR. CO. 197TH INF. BDE. 24TH INF

Post by haze » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:49 am

i got mine yesterday, back in the 90's they really did"nt pay much attention to us or our problems. let alone did they know what was wrong with us or what to call it. i got so mad at the va ,that i stopped going for yrs. started going back a couple yrs now, but thry"re starting to piss me off again.
i read about one thing in one section, then a few pages later, different section, it"ll sat something different than the first section, about the same things. gets me confused, when i try to read up on stuff, before i ask the va about it.
72nd. ENGR. CO.
197th. INF. BDE(m)(s)
24th. INF.DIV
18th AIRBORNE CORPS
SAPPERS FORWARD!
FA1SGret
Lifer
Your Gulf War Unit: 3rd Bn 17th Field Artillery

Post by FA1SGret » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:58 am

Haven't gotten one yet. Got me looking for it though.
Desert Shield/Desert Storm/Cease Fire
3rd Bn 17th Field Artillery
210th FA Bde
DS (OPCON) 3/2 ACR, GS 1 ID
FIRE MISSION!
xrammyx
Vet

Post by xrammyx » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:40 am

haze wrote:i got mine yesterday, back in the 90's they really did"nt pay much attention to us or our problems. let alone did they know what was wrong with us or what to call it. i got so mad at the va ,that i stopped going for yrs. started going back a couple yrs now, but thry"re starting to piss me off again.
i read about one thing in one section, then a few pages later, different section, it"ll sat something different than the first section, about the same things. gets me confused, when i try to read up on stuff, before i ask the va about it.

Yes same with me, that's why I said babble, its like they are trying to use Law stuff to tell us, hey we think we messed up but we don't know what else to do but name the diseases some funky way that will confuse the masses and then piss us off even more...
HHB 6/3 ADA
Schwabach, Germany
Desert Shield/Storm
haze
Senior Vet

Post by haze » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:55 am

babble... thats the way most of this stuff they send me reads, they really do a fine job of putting things in a way that you really can"t understand. A++++, on their part.
in that newsletter, they say that over 250,000 gulf vets are now disabled, thats not counting the ones that are trying to get help!!!!!!!!!!! now i"m no genius but, it don"t take one to figure out that something is very wrong with this picture !!!! out of 697, 000 vets, 250,000 disabled 20 yrs. later !!!! then you try an figure the ones trying to get help an file for disabilty, also the ones that are know longer with us... how many gulf vets now are in good health for their age as compared to civilans the same age??? thats a study that i"d like to see !!!!
72nd. ENGR. CO.
197th. INF. BDE(m)(s)
24th. INF.DIV
18th AIRBORNE CORPS
SAPPERS FORWARD!
xrammyx
Vet

Post by xrammyx » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:58 am

haze wrote:babble... thats the way most of this stuff they send me reads, they really do a fine job of putting things in a way that you really can"t understand. A++++, on their part.
in that newsletter, they say that over 250,000 gulf vets are now disabled, thats not counting the ones that are trying to get help!!!!!!!!!!! now i"m no genius but, it don"t take one to figure out that something is very wrong with this picture !!!! out of 697, 000 vets, 250,000 disabled 20 yrs. later !!!! then you try an figure the ones trying to get help an file for disabilty, also the ones that are know longer with us... how many gulf vets now are in good health for their age as compared to civilans the same age??? thats a study that i"d like to see !!!!
and I agree, I would like to see that study too
HHB 6/3 ADA
Schwabach, Germany
Desert Shield/Storm
FA1SGret
Lifer
Your Gulf War Unit: 3rd Bn 17th Field Artillery

Post by FA1SGret » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:30 pm

I just saw a copy of it today at the hospital ... along with the poster ... propaganda ... not much real information ... just "make ya believe" shit.
Desert Shield/Desert Storm/Cease Fire
3rd Bn 17th Field Artillery
210th FA Bde
DS (OPCON) 3/2 ACR, GS 1 ID
FIRE MISSION!
Dagger X-Ray
Good Soldiers Never Die

Post by Dagger X-Ray » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:13 am

Yea, its nice the VA hasn't forgotten about it though.
Dagger X-Ray - ARMY
-George Orwell
- General George Patton
redfish
Good Soldiers Never Die
Your Gulf War Unit: 24th Infantry Division, 197th Infantry Brigage, 72 Engr Co.

Post by redfish » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:29 am

Got mine the other day. Gave it a look and #$!$ canned it. They were so indifferent and apathetic in the early 90's it ain't right. They pissed me off enough by '94 I never went back until last year. Why would I have anything in my file from then? It's all BS.
Shield/Storm
18th Airborne Corps
24th Infantry Division
197th Infantry 72 ENGR CO
Assault and Barrier Pltn
"Sledgehammer"
haze
Senior Vet

Post by haze » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:09 pm

redfish
i think all of us is thinking about on the same lines......
72nd. ENGR. CO.
197th. INF. BDE(m)(s)
24th. INF.DIV
18th AIRBORNE CORPS
SAPPERS FORWARD!