still working, still looking

Please visit this area and participate in various diffrent topics of discussion.
jokimo
Recruit

still working, still looking

Post by jokimo » Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:38 pm

Hello everyone,

I posted on this list about a year ago, saying that I was in the process of applying for a grant to work on a photo project with veterans from Desert Storm, and seeking people to work with. Well, i got the grant, and the project is underway and going great, though I would still love to hear from some more people. To refresh, I am organizing an exhibition in New York City with photographs taken by soldiers during their time of service in the gulf. If you have a significant collection of images (say over 25), and are willing to tell your story, please by all means contact me! Your photographs are a valuable archive and should be treated as such. At this point I am particularly interested in hearing from vets of color, and would appreciate any help in spreading the word to folks that fall in that category, but of course anyone is welcome to write me. If I can't use your photographs in the exhibition, then you are encouraged to submit them to a site that will be created specifically for this purpose.

Please write to:
vet_photo@hotmail.com

Many thanks in advance,

John Movius
troutster
Vet
Your Gulf War Unit: Please add your Unit

Post by troutster » Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:21 pm

Hi John,
Glad to here you got your funding? Any more information on where the exposition will be hosted and an approx. date we can expect it?

I live in the NYC area and will be sure to stop by.

Scott
jokimo
Recruit

Show info

Post by jokimo » Sat May 01, 2004 12:49 pm

Thanks Scott. The show will be up late December and run into January. It will be up in the Tisch Building, which is on Broadway and Waverly in Lower Manhattan. I'll post more about i when the time is closer; hope you can make it.