My Motorcycle vest...

Please visit this area and participate in various diffrent topics of discussion.
Jetmech
Recruit
Your Gulf War Unit: C BTRY 4/5 FA Gun2

My Motorcycle vest...

Post by Jetmech » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:48 am

I went to the Elko Motorcycle rally last summer and a buddy I work with told me that my pic was posted on their site. I built the bike myself with the help of my son and brother. I am in "2009 Misc. photos" - Pics 005,006, and 134.

http://www.elkomotorcyclejamboree.com/gallery.shtml
Dagger X-Ray
Good Soldiers Never Die
Your Gulf War Unit: 2nd Brigade 1st Infantry Division

Re: My Motorcycle vest...

Post by Dagger X-Ray » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:16 am

That is cool and a nice bike too.
Dagger X-Ray - ARMY
(12/91 - present) - miss the service
(9/90 - 12/91) 2nd Bde 1st Infantry Division - Desert Shield / Desert Storm Combat VET
(9/88 - 9/90) C-17th Signal Battalion of 22nd Signal Brigade - Sachsenhausen Bar Scene VET
(4/88 - 9/88) AIT Fort Gordon, Ga
(12/87 - 3/88) Basic Training Fort Jackson, SC
"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-George Orwell
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."
- General George Patton
Jetmech
Recruit
Your Gulf War Unit: C BTRY 4/5 FA Gun2

Post by Jetmech » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:16 pm

Thanks, Me and my little stories... I was hit by a car in 2005 ,hit and run in Tucson Az. on my other motorcycle (750 magna) and almost ripped off my right leg (BAD knee trama). My wife still thinks I am crazy for ever wanting to ride again. Well, I needed 2 surgeries to fix my knee. After the first surgery, I was feeling good enough to want to ride again. Well, after months of moaping and pouting I talked my wife into letting me get another bike. I wanted to move up anyways, so I got me a nice used VTX 1800 S. I rode it as much as my knee would let me and so the time came for my 2nd surgery (attach my ACL), I wanted to hot rod my bike up a bit. So I took the bike apart all the way down to the frame. Sold an old truck I never drove and went to buying parts. This bike is what I did with my son and brother while I was recovering from surgery. It is WAY nicer in person than the pics show. The red stripes look like they are marble deep inside the white outer coating. We did the paint job and everything. I custom built those tail lights, oh the outer lights are the turn signals. That is why they are off. It rides great and is what I do when the stress of life starts to get to me. Those 1800cc's are every bit as much power as a guy could ever need to escape his demons... I know it is not a Harley but it is faster, smoother, more powerful, and in my oppinion prettier than a Harley... Sorry this is off topic a bit...
Redleg13f2h
Soldier
Your Gulf War Unit: HHB 2/1 FA 1ST AD

Post by Redleg13f2h » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:00 pm

Nice ride. Don't ride anymore myself, at least not while my folks are alive. Was in a bad wreck in 98. 1 month in ICU, another monthe in rehab and off work for 2 years. Folks were called up to ICU a couple times and asked about organ donation, but I pulled through. Not gonna do that to them again.
HHB 2/1 FA 1ST AD, 4/70 AR FIST, Pinder Brrks 90-91
260th FA DET FIST/ Air Assault Instructor, Fort Rucker 91-92
HHT 2/11 ACR, Wildflecken 92-93
HHB 1/5 FA 1ST ID, Fort Riley 93-94
HHB 1/119 FA, 3/126 AAS, Michigan National Gaurd 94-97