MILITARY DISCOUNT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please visit this area and participate in various diffrent topics of discussion.
smokypin
Recruit

MILITARY DISCOUNT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by smokypin » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:06 am

Last weekend I went to the movie theater and it was 25% off if you show military ID. I showed my veteran ID and they were like sorry but no discount. I started to get mad so a woman that worked there looked at my ID and she gave me the discount.
FA1SGret
Lifer
Your Gulf War Unit: 3rd Bn 17th Field Artillery

Re: MILITARY DISCOUNT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by FA1SGret » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:41 am

I can see the difference between a military ID and a veteran ID ... military discount generally applies to active duty military. Some places are pretty liberal and allow a discount for any military ID; reserve, retired, active duty.

Just from a numbers perspective, there are what, 75 - 100 million veterans ... that's a lot of discounts.
Desert Shield/Desert Storm/Cease Fire
3rd Bn 17th Field Artillery
210th FA Bde
DS (OPCON) 3/2 ACR, GS 1 ID
FIRE MISSION!
grullogal
Recruit

Post by grullogal » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:53 pm

All veteran's should be included.....after all, didn't they serve too?? Shouldn't matter if you are currently serving or connected for serving. Maybe they should distiquish between those that actually served in a combat zone versus those that serve stateside.
Horses leave hoof prints on your heart!! Best therapy there is!!
Boyette
Recruit
Your Gulf War Unit: 5/5 Cav

Post by Boyette » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:56 am

I've found that most places just don't know the difference between a retired/disabled ID card and an active duty ID card.
Lowes gives vets a 10% discount. They don't advertise it, you have to request it at the checkout.
I couldn't sign up with my VALID email address jones27530@gmail.com. I had to go to www.mailinator.com and use a fake one. So don't contact me by clicking on my profile, the email address is disposable and I won't get your message. Email me directly: jones27530@gmail.com.