homework questions

Please visit this area and participate in various diffrent topics of discussion.
ltvandy
Recruit
Your Gulf War Unit: Please add your Unit

homework questions

Post by ltvandy » Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:42 pm

If you have a question about the war, as I saw it, I will reply to all questions. If I am unable, then I will help direct you to where you can find the information. I hope others will be pursuaded also to try to answer as many questions from people as possible. If you forget wars, they tend to happen again. share the wealth of experience and insight, especially for our youth. I am a south Jersey resident. My email direct is :Ltvandy@att.net
Have a great life.
troutster
Vet

Post by troutster » Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:44 am

Welcome to the Community!

I hope to see you posting! 8)

Scott
webmaster@desert-storm.com
Cyrus
Recruit

Post by Cyrus » Thu Feb 26, 2004 4:17 am

Big up yourself, this is da hotes place on da block. Respect
My howercraft is full of eels
BlackTigerMage
Recruit

Post by BlackTigerMage » Thu Feb 26, 2004 5:35 pm

My name is Sarah and I am in 10th grade. One of the units for my honors social studies class is "The Middle East Peace Conference". The country I have been assigned to represent is Kuwait. Would you mind telling me about the general state of Kuwait as you saw it during Desert Storm? thank you.
Why?
Why not?
dont contradict me!
I'm not
ltvandy
Recruit

to get a quick answer

Post by ltvandy » Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:19 pm

in order to answer questions timely and direct please email me directly at
ltvandy@att.net
RichardLowry
Author of Gulf War Chronicles
Your Gulf War Unit: Military Historian and Author

Post by RichardLowry » Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:03 am

Kuwait is an oil rich nation. It has been one of the wealthiest nations in the area. In August of 1990, Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait with the intention of annexing this oil rich area and making it part of Iraq. In addition to its oil, Saddam yearned for better access to the Persian Gulf.

Kuwait is blessed with the largest natural harbor in the area and miles of beaches along the western edge of the Gulf.

So Saddam rolled his army into his tiny neighbor's territory and immediately started pillaging the country. The Iraqis stole everything that wasn't nailed down and destroyed most everything else. As it became clear that the US would forcibly eject them from Kuwait, the Iraqis set hundreds of Kuwaiti oil wells ablaze and began dumping oil into the ocean.

Saddam left Kuwait in a shambles.