C&P

Please visit this area and participate in various diffrent topics of discussion.
Quick91Blazer
Recruit
Your Gulf War Unit: Please add your Unit

C&P

Post by Quick91Blazer » Tue May 13, 2008 2:07 pm

Does anyone know why if you received a separation pay then file for comp they want you to repay the separation pay?
shasto
Recruit
Your Gulf War Unit: Please add your Unit

Re: C&P

Post by shasto » Tue May 13, 2008 4:43 pm

thats a good question, i also recived seperation pay, check your R/E code. i didnt even understand why i recived seperation pay, unti i looked up my re code and chapter code. it seems i was on the weight program at somtime and didnt even know. it didnt matter to me heck they gave me 20,000 bucks on ETS day. i was young and stupid and never ask questions, i just wanted to get home. but i later learned i couldnt RE UP. the goverment is strange how they waste money. they didnt have to give me dime. but now after your question, i think there is much more they didnt tell me.
DAMIT! YOU BLEW UP THE WORLD!
smokypin
Recruit

Severance Pay:

Post by smokypin » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:48 pm

I don't know if this helps.
Severance Pay:
Public Law 104-201 was signed into law on September 23, 1996. Section 653 provides that for severance, separation or readjustment pay received after September 30, 1996, VA should not recoup any amounts withheld for Federal income tax purposes. VA has directed regional offices that only the after-tax amount of severance, separation or readjustment pay can be recouped provided the payment was received by the veteran after September 30, 1996. If the veteran received such payment after September 30, 1996, it must be confirm that the amount reported was the after tax amount before taking award action.
aggieal
Recruit

Re: C&P

Post by aggieal » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:11 pm

What I was told is they took the SSB and VSI money from the VA budget. Just another example of Peter robbing Paul to pay Mary. Same reason Social Security is so messed up.