Has The Final Count Down Started?

Please visit this area and participate in various diffrent topics of discussion.
lw173
Soldier
Your Gulf War Unit: Please add your Unit

Post by lw173 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:37 am

I step back to look at all the news around the world and wonder if the final count down to dooms day has started.

Just reading the news about Russia suspending the Arms Treaty. As I read further down, I read that the Mr. Putin is concerned about all this other countries building up the military around Russia. So now he wants to build up the military around his country. Well, I must agree that if the neighbors around you have been stockpiling weapons around your house, yourselves would be doing the same. Heck, I would be the only one without arms if I didnt gear up and be prone to the mercy of neighbors with arms. But is it that or paranoia, or maybe trying to reclaim the old Soviet Union status as a super power?

I dont mean to break out the Good Book here, but it was foretold that all of that we've have experienced over the years has come to pass and continuesly in progress. And i use progress loosly here. I really dont understand what is happening to humanity as a whole, I mean we know way more than back in the way old days, but yet persist on the same barbarisms of the old days. If we have more knowledge why are we still bumping each other off. Of course, The Great Architect is not going to tell us on this life. But maybe he has when he created us with concience, feelings, and the rules in the 10 Commendments. It is up to humanity to cure the ills of the world.

Maybe it did started when I was moving, shooting, and communicating. Who knows. Lets hope that we can get a hold of the worlds situation before the final button is pressed. If not well, refer back to a link I left in a different topic, The Secrets of Survival. Having said that, is good to be "well lit" so one can see through the dark times of our life.

JC

3rd ID
Bco 1/7th INF
Aco 1/29 TRADOC
"Once you pull the pin, Mr. Grenade is not your friend anymore."
5thFSEMSG
Vet

Post by 5thFSEMSG » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:50 pm

Are you referring to the "End of Days"? Technically that happend when the last century closed and the new one began. The End of Days arrived and humanity is still around doing the same old stuff. I remember have envangelical types stopping by my house before I deployed to the Gulf claiming that the end of the world was at hand, that the Gulf War was the beginning of the Apocolypse. The war came, we did our mission and beat the bad guys, and they world kept on keeping on.

I don't think the end is going to happen any time soon. Most of the stuff going on right now is echos of what has happened in the past. Putin is a flash in the pan, Chavez just lost a major election in his bid to stay in power forever. Same old stuff, diffent day is all. In the end, we'll still be taking out bad guys for along time.
5th Mobile Army Surgical Hospital, 5th Forward Surgical Element, Fort Bragg NC, DS/DS Oct 90 to Apr 91

Dagger X-Ray
Good Soldiers Never Die
Your Gulf War Unit: 2nd Brigade 1st Infantry Division

Post by Dagger X-Ray » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:03 am

"End of Days"...good movie.
Dagger X-Ray - ARMY
(12/91 - present) - miss the service
(9/90 - 12/91) 2nd Bde 1st Infantry Division - Desert Shield / Desert Storm Combat VET
(9/88 - 9/90) C-17th Signal Battalion of 22nd Signal Brigade - Sachsenhausen Bar Scene VET
(4/88 - 9/88) AIT Fort Gordon, Ga
(12/87 - 3/88) Basic Training Fort Jackson, SC
"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-George Orwell
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."
- General George Patton
FA1SGret
Lifer
Your Gulf War Unit: 3rd Bn 17th Field Artillery

Post by FA1SGret » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:22 am

I'm not a bible thumper, but I used to be. I don't thump much anymore, the world and its societies and civilizations are way too complex for any one person to understand or influence.

As to the question:
Biblically no one knows when the end of days will come and several prophecies have yet to unfold; Rise of the anti christ, one world government, mark of the beast, the rapture, the time of false peace, the tribulations.

Oh yeah ... a day is like a thousand years and a thousand years is like a day ... or something like that.

I wish no ill on anyone, but for myself and only myself, I say bring it on.
Desert Shield/Desert Storm/Cease Fire
3rd Bn 17th Field Artillery
210th FA Bde
DS (OPCON) 3/2 ACR, GS 1 ID
FIRE MISSION!
lw173
Soldier

Who knows

Post by lw173 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:33 am

Maybe some has, for the false prophets the name is Jose Miranda DeJesus, research it and you will see, the one world government, please refer to UN, and hanging over the nail is the aztec calendar marking the suppossedly the end in the year 2012, or as the predict December 21 2012.

I dont know about the 2012, I see what has happened with other years, you remember 87, y2k, you guys remember right? Lets hope the aztecs were wrong predicting that one. I mean they where pretty advanced for their time you know.

And you know what, to tell you the truth it doesnt even matter, 'cause the day the crap happens I going sipping on some brew and a six pack of pu$$y by my side. I'll pay the toll when I get there.

JC
Bco 1/7 INF
Aco 1/29 TRADOC
"Once you pull the pin, Mr. Grenade is not your friend anymore."