I filed my claim

Please visit this area and participate in various diffrent topics of discussion.
saudivet5
Recruit
Your Gulf War Unit: Please add your Unit

I filed my claim

Post by saudivet5 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:31 pm

I filed my claim today for PTSD and Depression, I have a question... When I went in I told him I wanted to file a claim for PTSD and for DEPRESSION. He wrote THis : I Wish For Compensation For PTSD Please See The Attatched Report.... , It was my PTSD evaluation saying what they did what they found and what their diagnosis is Which is this:
"
Axis I, 309.91 Post traumatic stress disorder, Chronic, with associated panic attacks and traumatic guilt,

269.32 Major Depressive Disorder,Recurrent, Moderate.

Axis IV, Exposure to war; Financial stress; Inadequate social support
Axis V, GAF 47
He wrote what I said above ,but only about the PTSD. Then he had me sign it andsaid that he would mail it out today.However right after that he caught me up in conversation about my graves and reg. duties and I was upset talking about it so he got off the subject and I left. while i was driving home I remembered about the depression part. So I drove back to his office I walked in and told him that I wanted to add something else to my claim because it was a whole other disorder.(269.32 the Major Depressive Disorder, Recurrent, Moderate,) He said "ah the'll see it they always link depression with PTSD and that they would see it on the report" that it was all under the same umbrella. Well Im 50% sc and I remember the VA being VERY spicific in the claim. I told him it was a seporate disorder and that I wanted it on there and he said he would add it on. Well this aint my first rodeo! I waited their until I saw him Write it on the claim form. My question is ...Was I right? I mean It was Two seporate disorders she diagnosed me with so was I right to make him put it on there. I know that they link depression with PTSD but its usually lumped together with that one diagnosis as one dosorder belonging to the PTSD. This is a different kind of depression so she said it wasn't that . so was I right cause he didnt want to write it on there and he looked pissed. I know the VA is spicific and thourough in their findings and disputes . What do you guys think?
"Upon closing eyes, I see demons instead of angels"
Dagger X-Ray
Good Soldiers Never Die
Your Gulf War Unit: 2nd Brigade 1st Infantry Division

Post by Dagger X-Ray » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:05 am

I think you did the right thing waiting around until he added it.
Dagger X-Ray - ARMY
(12/91 - present) - miss the service
(9/90 - 12/91) 2nd Bde 1st Infantry Division - Desert Shield / Desert Storm Combat VET
(9/88 - 9/90) C-17th Signal Battalion of 22nd Signal Brigade - Sachsenhausen Bar Scene VET
(4/88 - 9/88) AIT Fort Gordon, Ga
(12/87 - 3/88) Basic Training Fort Jackson, SC
"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-George Orwell
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."
- General George Patton
Redmaxx
Good Soldiers Never Die
Your Gulf War Unit: B Co. 7/159 Avn. Regt.

Post by Redmaxx » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:16 am

I would agree with that.
B Co. 7/159 Avn. Regt.
SSR Platoon
Operation Desert Shield/Storm/Cease Fire 1990/1991
saudivet5
Recruit
Your Gulf War Unit: Please add your Unit

My claim

Post by saudivet5 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:18 am

I am already 50%SC so I got to thinking, and I rembered my VSO from my first claim, I don;t live near him any more so he's not in my didstict, but I called him anyway and he said that he was state wide now and that I could use him again, he.s about 2 huors away but he knows my situation and he got my 50% first time out. And that was when we were all getting laughed out of the VA hospitals if you guys can remember that. Thats why my sign in name is Saudivet 5, I was the 5th SC desert storm claim allowed , thats what I meant in that other post i forget which forum it was on but it was a reply to doublecheese, about one claim being used to substantiate another one. Mine has been used alot its the reason Fibromyalgia is on the symptom list now. anyway Im going back to my original VSO. He said that because this other guy sent off that first "vauge" claim that he could fix it, and because the PTSD Eval. basically said there was a misdiagnosis of my panic attacks and depression, and that tyhey are seporate things and because I claimed that on my original claim back in 92, he may can get that retropayed. I go see him on tuesday wish me luck and pray I,and my family could use both. Hey doublecheese... this is the when I remind myself that my life is in Gods hands and not my own, like you were saying before... I'll drop back in later guys. have a great day...
"Upon closing eyes, I see demons instead of angels"