Pictures

Please visit this area and participate in various diffrent topics of discussion.
saudivet5
Recruit
Your Gulf War Unit: Please add your Unit

Pictures

Post by saudivet5 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:05 am

If anyone has any photos of the dead from or even the destruction of the Basrah highway incident may I have copies, unnamed of course, I would never speak names. I realize that this is an odd request but its for support of my claim PTSD. When I was there during the clean up they took my camera and wouldn't allow any personal photos, but if someone maybe has one or two it would help me in basing my argument. my e- mail is sparkythebad@gmail.com and thank you.
"Upon closing eyes, I see demons instead of angels"
doublecheese
Recruit

Post by doublecheese » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:26 am

I think anybody thats been holding on to pictures of dead people for 14 or 15 years, has or had isues to take them in the first place. ITS not healthy behavior, strange at best.
Dagger X-Ray
Good Soldiers Never Die
Your Gulf War Unit: 2nd Brigade 1st Infantry Division

Post by Dagger X-Ray » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:43 am

Now Now, I admit to having 2 photos of a dead Iraqi next to his tank that I have amongst other photos from that time. I have not disposed of it because it is a historical record of my past at that time. At the same time I do not look at that picture very often for obvious reasons. Its there if anyone ever asks me if I ever saw any dead guys or wanted more proof that I was there.

In fact its probably been at least 2 years now since I last looked at it...and it will probably be another 2 before I see it again.
Dagger X-Ray - ARMY
(12/91 - present) - miss the service
(9/90 - 12/91) 2nd Bde 1st Infantry Division - Desert Shield / Desert Storm Combat VET
(9/88 - 9/90) C-17th Signal Battalion of 22nd Signal Brigade - Sachsenhausen Bar Scene VET
(4/88 - 9/88) AIT Fort Gordon, Ga
(12/87 - 3/88) Basic Training Fort Jackson, SC
"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-George Orwell
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."
- General George Patton
doublecheese
Recruit

Post by doublecheese » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:17 am

Well maybe I was a little over the top, I remember a lot of our line guys taking graphic pictures. IT had a profound way at the way i looked at them later. May be childish on my part, but these were not normal pictures. I also thought the TOPS desert storm trading cards were strange. I guess what I mean is what may be strange to one person, may be unhealthy to another. I like to remember the good times we had. IN FACT, the older I get the less i remember about that time in my life but i do know it was a very big part of my youth. (MYSELF) I gain nothing out of looking at them, all I’m saying is be careful, and monitor yourself and be good to yourself. Sometimes we abuse ourselves in small ways we don’t even know. They don’t know enough about that part of the brain that controls our own sense of self reality. So from time to time its good to let go. I have. And i get a lot of flak for it. But i love this site. A lot of interesting opinions.
saudivet5
Recruit

Sorry

Post by saudivet5 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:07 pm

I didn’t mean to do or say anything offensive, or make anyone upset at me. I am very sorry. Yes it is unhealthy, but that was my argument with the VA, I have sat in front of a table with 8 or 9 people firing off at me trying to dispute any and every thing I said. Also trying to raise their voices at me trying to basically say I was a liar. It didn't feel good and to be honest I left there completely in tears as I’m about to now because I feel like I have done or said something wrong. I am sorry. My point for the pics was only to say hey, I know you (the VA) knows that this happened and you (the VA) will sit in my face and say I’m a liar but the pictures do not lie nor does my records which place me there and because I was there and this (the pics) is what I was seeing and doing and I am sick because of this. I have sat in that seat and felt torn apart by the VA. I am sorry for anything that I did wrong or said that was out of place. I did not mean to hurt or offend anyone. For every case that is won in the VA system for each separate cause can be used to stand on for another that needs that same help and I was trying to help in that way to for the one that did what I did and can't stand up. I'll help him stand up, that was all. I’m sorry. I will not ask for or talk about that stuff any more.

William.
Dagger X-Ray
Good Soldiers Never Die
Your Gulf War Unit: 2nd Brigade 1st Infantry Division

Post by Dagger X-Ray » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:23 pm

DO NOT APOLOGIZE FOR ANYTHING YOU DID OR ASKED FOR.

I feel your request was justified after hearing your reasons fro asking...but thats just my opinoin. Many vets have gone through the claims process and needed to prove their case, I will too eventually and I do not have photos of me standing in front of a bunch of dead bodies to prove I was there. All I have are some photos taken while passing through the area and none of them have me in them. I will do whatever I can though.
Dagger X-Ray - ARMY
(12/91 - present) - miss the service
(9/90 - 12/91) 2nd Bde 1st Infantry Division - Desert Shield / Desert Storm Combat VET
(9/88 - 9/90) C-17th Signal Battalion of 22nd Signal Brigade - Sachsenhausen Bar Scene VET
(4/88 - 9/88) AIT Fort Gordon, Ga
(12/87 - 3/88) Basic Training Fort Jackson, SC
"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-George Orwell
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."
- General George Patton
saudivet5
Recruit

Thanks

Post by saudivet5 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:35 pm

Thank you I feel alot better knowing that. If I can help you or anyone please don't hesitate,I'm a true blue honest soldier at heart and mind( physically im a veteran), and i'll never give up the good fight.
"Upon closing eyes, I see demons instead of angels"