Things you hate since the war.

Please visit this area and participate in various diffrent topics of discussion.
Rickey Nelson
Senior Vet
Your Gulf War Unit: 1087th Trans Co.

Post by Rickey Nelson » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:08 pm

that siren they used had a sound of it own... I only got to hear it for about 1 week. driving down narrow roads make me nervous. if you drove suicide alley you would know..You drove with your drivers door window up because the road was so narrow you would hit mirrors with another truck if you didn't watch out.glass would fly into the cab. we had one driver that got glass in his face and eye. lucky he didn't loose his eye.. I also saw one truck hauling a tank that turned over and pined one of the crewmen under the tank.. the crew was riding in the tank. road was built like a leeve.
DESERT SHIELD/STORM NOV 90-JUN 91

16th support group
4th Trans Batt.
1087 Trans Co.
Road Warrior
SSG Retired..... 1976-1997
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you.
1. Jesus Christ
2. The American G.I.
"One died for your soul, the other for your freedom!"
Life Member VFW Post 9573
Dagger X-Ray
Good Soldiers Never Die
Your Gulf War Unit: 2nd Brigade 1st Infantry Division

Post by Dagger X-Ray » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:48 am

We lost mirrors on t our duece and a halfs that way.
Dagger X-Ray - ARMY
(12/91 - present) - miss the service
(9/90 - 12/91) 2nd Bde 1st Infantry Division - Desert Shield / Desert Storm Combat VET
(9/88 - 9/90) C-17th Signal Battalion of 22nd Signal Brigade - Sachsenhausen Bar Scene VET
(4/88 - 9/88) AIT Fort Gordon, Ga
(12/87 - 3/88) Basic Training Fort Jackson, SC
"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-George Orwell
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."
- General George Patton
5thFSEMSG
Vet
Your Gulf War Unit: Please add your Unit

Post by 5thFSEMSG » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:10 pm

Code Pink and like organizations. Leftist jerks enjoying the freedom that we paid for in our blood, health, sometimes our very lives. I can't go near them for fear I would beat some sense into them. I don't care if they are mostly women, they insult our very existence. I understand that they have the right to say what they want to say, we all paid the price for that freedom, but now I have the right to say what I want as well.

These groups are parasites, leaching off of our duty, they should be rounded up and shipped to China. Let them live the communist life for a few years and see if that will open their eyes and closed, tiny little minds.
5th Mobile Army Surgical Hospital, 5th Forward Surgical Element, Fort Bragg NC, DS/DS Oct 90 to Apr 91

robkeller
Recruit
Your Gulf War Unit: 599th Trans Det (MCT)

Re: Things you hate since the war.

Post by robkeller » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:24 am

A year after I returned home from the Gulf I went from the Army Reserves to active duty Navy. While going through boot camp at Orlando they used the same siren used for the scud attacks for when a sever thunderstorm was in the area. The first time I heard it we were in the barracks and I dove under one of the bunks. My DI yelled at me asking me what I was doing. Talk about being embarrassed. I would still jump when I heard it the rest of the time I there.

I didn't go to the beach for about two years after I got back.

I do agree with the dislike of Code Pink and the like. I understand that they have the right to do what they do, thanks to men and women like us, but the young men and women that are going to the recruiting post have a right join or look into joining.
Spc. Robert J. Keller Jr. USAR
599th Trans Det (MCT)
Desert Shield/Desert Storm Dec. 1990-May 1991
FA1SGret
Lifer
Your Gulf War Unit: 3rd Bn 17th Field Artillery

Post by FA1SGret » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:35 am

I hate getting up early ... I do it anyway cause I don't sleep very well, but I very much dislike 'having to' get up before sun up.

I also very much dislike standing in line for anything.
Desert Shield/Desert Storm/Cease Fire
3rd Bn 17th Field Artillery
210th FA Bde
DS (OPCON) 3/2 ACR, GS 1 ID
FIRE MISSION!
Dagger X-Ray
Good Soldiers Never Die
Your Gulf War Unit: 2nd Brigade 1st Infantry Division

Post by Dagger X-Ray » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:27 pm

FA1SGret wrote:I hate getting up early ... I do it anyway cause I don't sleep very well, but I very much dislike 'having to' get up before sun up.

I also very much dislike standing in line for anything.

Me too...and knuckleheads!
Dagger X-Ray - ARMY
(12/91 - present) - miss the service
(9/90 - 12/91) 2nd Bde 1st Infantry Division - Desert Shield / Desert Storm Combat VET
(9/88 - 9/90) C-17th Signal Battalion of 22nd Signal Brigade - Sachsenhausen Bar Scene VET
(4/88 - 9/88) AIT Fort Gordon, Ga
(12/87 - 3/88) Basic Training Fort Jackson, SC
"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-George Orwell
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."
- General George Patton
FA1SGret
Lifer

Post by FA1SGret » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:22 am

I here ya on the knuckleheads!
210th FA Bde
FIRE MISSION!
SFCKMGander
Recruit

Post by SFCKMGander » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:16 pm

Left wing, bleeding heart, bend over and take it in the butt liberals!!! Keith Olbermann qualifies. Also, clowns that think just because they knew someone who had served in a conflict, or read a book, that qualifies them as an expert on that war or the military. The End.
U.S. Army, SFC (retired), 1972-1974, 1978-1998

Korea-72-74, 78-79 (VD Honcho), 85-86
Panama- '82-'84 36th Ord Det (EOD) Corozal, Pacific side.
Johnston Island- 88-89, 92-93 (two square miles in area, 700 miles SSW of Honolulu) Chemical weapons storage site. "Fun in the sun, and get a great tan".
Desert Shield/Storm/Farewell: Oct 90-Aug 91
Kuwait-96-97 HHC, Arcent (Kuwait)
Last edited by SFCKMGander on Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
redleg 2/17
Recruit

Post by redleg 2/17 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:02 pm

I think everyone agrees that fireworks are bad. I didn't think that the heat bothered me but one day my wife and I were laying on the couch watching a nascar race and dozing off. I threw her off the couch sat up strait and tried to get my NBC mask off. She asked what the hell I was doing and the only thing I could respond with was I can't breath. I guess the lazy day of hot warm summer got to me. For the first 3yrs of being back any thundersorm that got too close found me diving alongside my bed. (during night time sleeping before the storm got there) I still always look for an out before is sit anywhere. My little girl asks me "daddy how come your cheeks are always wiggleing. I guess that is my way of dealing with the stress.

I have found that going out to the shooting range and hunting gives me a big release of stress. Thanks for letting me ramble on.

B-Btry 2/17FA 212BDE 18th ABN CORP
Rickey Nelson
Senior Vet

Post by Rickey Nelson » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:58 pm

ramble on that is what this site is for. also hunting is a stress reliver for me also.

16th support group
4th Trans Batt.
1087 Trans Co.
Road Warrior
1. Jesus Christ
2. The American G.I.
redleg 2/17
Recruit

Post by redleg 2/17 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:05 pm

I have been thinking lately .... what gets me I can't stand people that procrastinate. I hope it just isn't me. I think that since desert s/s/pc when I get asked to do something that is the task at hand. To me it feels like life or death. There lyes the difference to a civi we can do it today or tommorow to war vets it is right here and right now. Does anyone else feel this way this is my big struggle. I feel the need to get things done asap cause it is a life or death situation. Even if it isn't! Why do others feel that if they can't do it today that tommorow will be ok? Just struggling cause my wife was Air Force (see the respect) and wasn't in the zone of "shoot back". I didn't think that it bothered me this much until my past VFW commander took my med records and picture's and said you earned a purple heart I want to make sure you get it. I just don't feel that I earned it cause i didn't take a bullet. All i did was get some shrapnel in my eye..IS IT RIGHT?
ronvaeth88
Recruit

Post by ronvaeth88 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:58 am

Talk about heat, come out to Vegas its olmost like being back over again.
Rickey Nelson
Senior Vet

Post by Rickey Nelson » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:43 pm

redleg 2/17 wrote:I have been thinking lately .... what gets me I can't stand people that procrastinate. I hope it just isn't me. I think that since desert s/s/pc when I get asked to do something that is the task at hand. To me it feels like life or death. There lyes the difference to a civi we can do it today or tommorow to war vets it is right here and right now. Does anyone else feel this way this is my big struggle. I feel the need to get things done asap cause it is a life or death situation. Even if it isn't! Why do others feel that if they can't do it today that tommorow will be ok? Just struggling cause my wife was Air Force (see the respect) and wasn't in the zone of "shoot back". I didn't think that it bothered me this much until my past VFW commander took my med records and picture's and said you earned a purple heart I want to make sure you get it. I just don't feel that I earned it cause i didn't take a bullet. All i did was get some shrapnel in my eye..IS IT RIGHT?

Damn right it's right..shrapnel - bullet what's the difference.. nothing

16th support group
4th Trans Batt.
1087 Trans Co.
Road Warrior
1. Jesus Christ
2. The American G.I.
redleg 2/17
Recruit

Post by redleg 2/17 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:14 pm

Thanks for the input rickey just things that are on my mind.
FA1SGret
Lifer

Post by FA1SGret » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:46 am

Take it if it is offered ... forget the feelings and take it if it is offered.
210th FA Bde
FIRE MISSION!