The NEW forgotten war.

Please visit this area and participate in various diffrent topics of discussion.
saudivet5
Recruit
Your Gulf War Unit: Please add your Unit

Absolutely

Post by saudivet5 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:44 pm

I know I feel Forgotten, WE Deserve a monument in DC as well. A war is a war, If blood is shed and there is loss of life any life, and the saving of life , and the objective was completed I would say we should have a monument too and even if the objective wasn't completed their should be a monument for the men that died and for the try at least.
"Upon closing eyes, I see demons instead of angels"
5thFSEMSG
Vet
Your Gulf War Unit: Please add your Unit

Post by 5thFSEMSG » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:37 pm

My point exactly. That is why I started this thread. NO WHERE that I can find is there a Gulf War Monument that is like the WWII Monument, the WWI Monument, The Vietnam War Monument, etc.... There are isolated monuments, like the one in the COSCOM area of Fort Bragg, that deal with those assigned to the 1st COSCOM who were killed in the war. I have never seen a monument dedicated to those of us who served, were wounded, or were killed in the Gulf War. Funny, given that it was the first War we won since WWII.
5th Mobile Army Surgical Hospital, 5th Forward Surgical Element, Fort Bragg NC, DS/DS Oct 90 to Apr 91

Redmaxx
Good Soldiers Never Die
Your Gulf War Unit: B Co. 7/159 Avn. Regt.

Post by Redmaxx » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:56 pm

I am sure that we won't see a monument for a long time and if we do we will be lumped together with todays conflicts. I hate it when people say Gulf War 1, Gulf War 2. We had our own war and I think that we need to be remembered for that war.
B Co. 7/159 Avn. Regt.
SSR Platoon
Operation Desert Shield/Storm/Cease Fire 1990/1991