What do you do for work?

Please visit this area and participate in various diffrent topics of discussion.
Marine grunt
Recruit
Your Gulf War Unit: 3/3 Kilo co. Task Force Taro

What do you do for work?

Post by Marine grunt » Tue Apr 22, 2003 5:23 pm

Just curious how people make there living. Im a full time firefighter in a small city in massachusetts. I got on in 1995. Sometimes boring, sometimes fun, sometimes scary and sometimes sad. Best job in the world, wouldnt trade it for anything.
USMC 1988-1992 0311/scout swimmer 3/3 Kilo co. Task Force Taro
troutster
Vet
Your Gulf War Unit: Please add your Unit

Post by troutster » Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:36 pm

Just flipping through old posts. An interesting enough topic, so I figured I would reply.

I'm a computer programmer. Not the most glamorous job, but without people to tell them what to do, computers are worthless.
Saskia
Soldier

Post by Saskia » Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:35 pm

Well, I'm a second year student at the Naval Academy outhere. A job I love and hate sometimes
The history of man is the history of crimes, and history can repeat. So information is a defense. Through this we can build, we must build, a defense against repetition.
Simon Wiesenthal
Arichduck
Recruit

Post by Arichduck » Thu Feb 26, 2004 4:35 am

i make my living by selling planks in Austin texas man! da best place on Earth!

peace out bro!
:wink:
Cyrus
Recruit

Post by Cyrus » Thu Feb 26, 2004 4:38 am

An i by his planks at th shop and make wooden spoons of them
My howercraft is full of eels
Arichduck
Recruit

Post by Arichduck » Thu Feb 26, 2004 4:39 am

Cyrus wrote:An i by his planks at th shop and make wooden spoons of them
what? you making fun!?! :x
Mudwalker
Recruit

Post by Mudwalker » Sat Mar 27, 2004 8:23 pm

I am an Active Duty Marine currently stationed in Washington DC. I have been in for over 19 years. Infantry mostly.
Scars Heal...Glory Fades...Freedom Lives
jeff broy
Recruit

life after war

Post by jeff broy » Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:49 pm

Thought you might like this. I retired in 96 and thought I'd take life easy. I enjoy doing auto upholstery. I do show cars and street rods. One of my cars made cover in December on Rod and Custom mag. Also make weekend trips to local drag strip in my "56 Chevy" runs 10.80's in the 1/4 mile. Loving life in West Virginia!
was in desert storm from Dec-June 91
black lion 249th

Post by black lion 249th » Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:32 pm

working as a finish carpenter something that isnt to hard on the body and i can adjust my work to my physical condtion for the day. so i suck it up and drive on.
RichardLowry
Author of Gulf War Chronicles
Your Gulf War Unit: Military Historian and Author

Post by RichardLowry » Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:14 am

I am a military historian and author. In 2003, I published "The Gulf War Chronicles."

I have been working fulltime since last October on research and interviews for my next book, "Marines in the Garden of Eden."

I have interviewed more than 100 Marines from Task Force Tarawa and have collected thousands of pages of official and personal accounts of the battle of An Nasiriyah.

"Marines in the Garden of Eden" will tell the story of An Nasiriyah as seen through the eyes of the Marines who fought there.
PSD

Post by PSD » Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:58 pm

Former Marine - 03 Served with S-2/S-3 5th Marine Regiment ...Currently security operator in/out of the Middle East. Took me awhile, but found my calling.

Post by 5811 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:48 am

I was an mp with the 2nd Mar. Div. in desert storm/shield. Now I own my own carpentry business in WI.
brick

Post by brick » Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:53 pm

i served middle east early 80s...........hope you guys are ok paul (brit guy)
combat crayon

what i do...

Post by combat crayon » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:39 am

after they found out i could draw when i came back from the desert with A-1/505, they pulled me up to brigade to be the brigade draftsman a 3/82nd.

after that i became a multimedia illustrator.. stayed in 10 years and after a couple of years as creative director at Bank of America in NYC and some freelance record label work, I'm the Webmaster for the biggest Hip Hop radio station on the planet.. HOT 97.

Army training comes in handy when 50 cent and his enemies are shooting it out in the hallways.

haha.

HOOAH!
STRAYKINGFISHER
Recruit

Post by STRAYKINGFISHER » Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:17 am

I basically poked around here and there, and finally settled on my current job, I am Head maintenance at a hotel, which really doesn't mean much since I am the only maintenance man here :D , but I do like my job, it keeps my mind occupied, I am a jack of all trades, master of none.