Update Links - www.gulfwarmemorial.com

Please visit this area and participate in various diffrent topics of discussion.
lisak78
Recruit
Your Gulf War Unit: Please add your Unit

Update Links - www.gulfwarmemorial.com

Post by lisak78 » Mon May 28, 2007 11:31 am

Hello...I am new to this site. I have been trying to get a hold of someone that can correct some information on your site and have not received any response to my inquiries.

As I was doing a search for Gulf War Memorials, I came accross your site. I just want to say that I am very dissapointed. Not only is your information incorrect. I know for a fact that you have been provided updated information regarding the new location of the Gulf War Memorial of Douglas Havemann, yet you insist on keeping this information on your site:

"Dear Vistors,
I would like to thank you for visiting the Memorial. While the names of those who made the ultimate sacrifice are still listed here, unfortunately it seems that the The Persian Gulf War Veterans Memorial created by Douglas Havemann is no longer available. I am currently attempting to contact Douglas in order to obtain the memorial files so that we may restore this memorial to its full glory. In the meantime I apologize for the broken links to Douglas' now defunct work. For the time being I will leave them in place as a reminder of his memorial which seems to have fallen by the wayside."

If the purpose of having a memorial is SO IMPORTANT TO YOU THEN WHY DO YOU NOT UPDATE YOUR SITE!!! Again, I know you have been contacted by him as well as other people, yet you insist on doing nothing. If for some reason you remember why people do this work and remember that it is for the lost soldiers not some ego gratification, then you can find the new memorial at http://www.gulfwarmemorial.com. I apologize if I am sounding agitated...but I am. There is no need for your links to not to be corrected.

Thank you for you time.
Melissa Keener
Dagger X-Ray
Good Soldiers Never Die
Your Gulf War Unit: 2nd Brigade 1st Infantry Division

Post by Dagger X-Ray » Mon May 28, 2007 3:33 pm

Its been fixed now. This is the first I have heard of some correct information sent. Thank you for the updated info.
Dagger X-Ray - ARMY
(12/91 - present) - miss the service
(9/90 - 12/91) 2nd Bde 1st Infantry Division - Desert Shield / Desert Storm Combat VET
(9/88 - 9/90) C-17th Signal Battalion of 22nd Signal Brigade - Sachsenhausen Bar Scene VET
(4/88 - 9/88) AIT Fort Gordon, Ga
(12/87 - 3/88) Basic Training Fort Jackson, SC
"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-George Orwell
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."
- General George Patton
rodneyw71
Good Soldiers Never Die
Your Gulf War Unit: 354th TFW

Post by rodneyw71 » Mon May 28, 2007 4:03 pm

I see more mistakes, I looked on the names of soldiers killed from Indiana, one site said the soldier was from Indiana, the other said Idaho. The names and states don't match up, on either site, the Indiana soldiers are listed as Idaho...even their Rank is different on each site.
Desert Storm, KFIA, Dec. '90- May '91
RAF Alconbury, UK. '90-'92
KI. Sawyer AFB, MI. '92
434th ARW/LRS, Grissom ARB, IN. 2007-Present
OIF 506th ELRS, Kirkuk, Iraq Sept. '09-Jan. '10
Dagger X-Ray
Good Soldiers Never Die

Post by Dagger X-Ray » Mon May 28, 2007 9:44 pm

if you find an error here, let me know where to verify it and I will fix it.
Dagger X-Ray - ARMY
(9/90 - 12/91) 2nd Bde 1st Infantry Division - Desert Shield / Desert Storm Combat VET
(9/88 - 9/90) C-17th Signal Battalion of 22nd Signal Brigade - Sachsenhausen Bar Scene VET
"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-George Orwell
- General George Patton
lisak78
Recruit

Post by lisak78 » Tue May 29, 2007 12:56 am

Dagger X-Ray, thank you for correcting the information!! Could you please provide the updated link? The link http://www.desert-storm.com/soldiers/memorial.html still shows the old information.

According to a radio interview done with Mr. Havemann on Army Wife Talk Radio, today as a matter of fact, the information on the site http://www.gulfwarmemorial.com is provided by the Department of Defense as well as collaboration with a group of geneoligists. If any of the information has changed it would be because the family contacted gulfwarmemorial.com and requested that the information be corrected/changed. As Dagger X-Ray stated if you could provide specific examples, please post it here.

Thank you,
Melissa
Dagger X-Ray
Good Soldiers Never Die

Post by Dagger X-Ray » Tue May 29, 2007 5:35 am

Lisa, I will pass that info on to the webmaster but it may take some time before that part is updated. I only have access to the forum parts for changes. There has been no need in the past for extra help on the website itself so I haven't asked for access there.

Hurry up and Wait !!!

Dagger X-Ray - ARMY
-George Orwell
- General George Patton
SaucyWench
Lifer
Your Gulf War Unit: "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!"

Re: Update Links - www.gulfwarmemorial.com

Post by SaucyWench » Tue May 29, 2007 9:11 am

lisak78 wrote:Hello...I am new to this site. I have been trying to get a hold of someone that can correct some information on your site and have not received any response to my inquiries.

As I was doing a search for Gulf War Memorials, I came accross your site. I just want to say that I am very dissapointed. Not only is your information incorrect. I know for a fact that you have been provided updated information regarding the new location of the Gulf War Memorial of Douglas Havemann, yet you insist on keeping this information on your site:

"Dear Vistors,
I would like to thank you for visiting the Memorial. While the names of those who made the ultimate sacrifice are still listed here, unfortunately it seems that the The Persian Gulf War Veterans Memorial created by Douglas Havemann is no longer available. I am currently attempting to contact Douglas in order to obtain the memorial files so that we may restore this memorial to its full glory. In the meantime I apologize for the broken links to Douglas' now defunct work. For the time being I will leave them in place as a reminder of his memorial which seems to have fallen by the wayside."

If the purpose of having a memorial is SO IMPORTANT TO YOU THEN WHY DO YOU NOT UPDATE YOUR SITE!!! Again, I know you have been contacted by him as well as other people, yet you insist on doing nothing. If for some reason you remember why people do this work and remember that it is for the lost soldiers not some ego gratification, then you can find the new memorial at http://www.gulfwarmemorial.com. I apologize if I am sounding agitated...but I am. There is no need for your links to not to be corrected.

Thank you for you time.
Melissa Keener
:roll:

I honestly hadn't looked at the links you posted simply because your attitude came across as needlessly abrasive. If you are referring to the desert-storm.com website, links, and information, I believe the person you need to address is... um, let's see... the site's owner/ webmaster? Perhaps your agenda is rather to spew insults to a "you" who doesn't even regularly post here; rather a one-sided fight if you ask me. Why don't you take your "issues" up with Mr. O'Hara directly instead of simply venting on a public forum?
Dagger X-Ray
Good Soldiers Never Die

Post by Dagger X-Ray » Tue May 29, 2007 10:37 am

I sent Scott a notice and an offer to help update that area too.

Dagger X-Ray - ARMY
-George Orwell
- General George Patton
lisak78
Recruit

Post by lisak78 » Tue May 29, 2007 1:12 pm

DangerForward121 wrote:"I honestly hadn't looked at the links you posted simply because your attitude came across as needlessly abrasive. If you are referring to the desert-storm.com website, links, and information, I believe the person you need to address is... um, let's see... the site's owner/ webmaster? Perhaps your agenda is rather to spew insults to a "you" who doesn't even regularly post here; rather a one-sided fight if you ask me. Why don't you take your "issues" up with Mr. O'Hara directly instead of simply venting on a public forum?"
DangerForward121,
As I stated in my initial response, I apologized if I sounded aggitated because we have been attempting to get a hold of Mr. O'Hara via e-mail to have this information corrected on several occassions (as I also stated in my post). So, yes I was a little frustrated, and since we had not gotten anywhere through conventional e-mail methods, this seemed like another option. I am sorry you are offended by my manner, but my goal is to get the correct information out there for the people that might need this as a form of healing. Thank you for your input. And DaggerX-Ray...thank you again for your assistance it is truly appreciated!!!

Melissa
Dagger X-Ray
Good Soldiers Never Die

Post by Dagger X-Ray » Tue May 29, 2007 4:21 pm

Melissa, Scott only recently got your emails and plans to update that part of the website this evening.

I already updated the info within the forum itself and Scott O'Hara will take care of the webpage listings.

Dagger X-Ray - ARMY
-George Orwell
- General George Patton
SaucyWench
Lifer

Post by SaucyWench » Tue May 29, 2007 7:26 pm

lisak78 wrote:
DangerForward121 wrote:"I honestly hadn't looked at the links you posted simply because your attitude came across as needlessly abrasive. If you are referring to the desert-storm.com website, links, and information, I believe the person you need to address is... um, let's see... the site's owner/ webmaster? Perhaps your agenda is rather to spew insults to a "you" who doesn't even regularly post here; rather a one-sided fight if you ask me. Why don't you take your "issues" up with Mr. O'Hara directly instead of simply venting on a public forum?"
DangerForward121,
As I stated in my initial response, I apologized if I sounded aggitated because we have been attempting to get a hold of Mr. O'Hara via e-mail to have this information corrected on several occassions (as I also stated in my post). So, yes I was a little frustrated, and since we had not gotten anywhere through conventional e-mail methods, this seemed like another option. I am sorry you are offended by my manner, but my goal is to get the correct information out there for the people that might need this as a form of healing. Thank you for your input. And DaggerX-Ray...thank you again for your assistance it is truly appreciated!!!

Melissa

Redmaxx
Good Soldiers Never Die
Your Gulf War Unit: B Co. 7/159 Avn. Regt.

Post by Redmaxx » Tue May 29, 2007 8:12 pm

W 8O W!
B Co. 7/159 Avn. Regt.
SSR Platoon
Operation Desert Shield/Storm/Cease Fire 1990/1991
SaucyWench
Lifer

Post by SaucyWench » Tue May 29, 2007 8:28 pm

Redmaxx wrote:W 8O W!
I just don't appreciate someone who comes on guns 'a blazin' exuding attitude.... for what appears to be a delinquincy on the other site. (Any time a website is changed, all the links will no longer work without updated web addresses.) Exactly who did what when and whose responsibility it is/ was.... I really don't care. And then to passive aggressively cover up attitude with more attitude? :roll: This should have been addressed on the Feedback forum, if at all on this public board, and, "Hey, did you know the xyz link isn't working? Here is the new url, it's a great site. Thanks!" would have been much more tactful.
troutster
Vet

Post by troutster » Tue May 29, 2007 8:59 pm

Danger. I couldn't have put it any better, so I won't, you've just about said it all.

If anything, Melissa, by her actions and attitude made people think twice about anything they do take part it. Unfortunately, it is do gooders such as her that make many people leery to get involved in great things such as a veteran community.

I have updated the link to Douglas' new page. Not because of Melissa's lovely post. But because I know, based upon my dealings with him in the past that Douglas is a stand up guy, and only hopes to have a fitting memorial for those who have sacrificed for our country.

On that note, I'll lock this thread.

Scott