America and the War

Please visit this area and participate in various diffrent topics of discussion.
Harvest
Recruit

America and the War

Post by Harvest » Fri Apr 18, 2003 8:08 am

I am from Germany, you all for sure know Germanys position during the last war crimes America committed. After Americas War is almost over by now, I still think the whole thing was a crime. America of course dont need permission to start a war, America never asked. But isnt it funny, the Iraqi people dont like you, the dont like your culture, your american way of life, your crimes. Of course the are happy that the got freed of this Saddam guy. But America be sure, you will pay the price for this. Not your Goverment, not your troops. The regular people will pay with there lifes, like on 9/11.
POW Germany
Marine grunt
Recruit
Your Gulf War Unit: 3/3 Kilo co. Task Force Taro

Post by Marine grunt » Fri Apr 18, 2003 2:37 pm

I would love to respond to this statement of yours harvest. But if I put it into words I would no doubt be banned from this site. Why dont you go somewhere else and spout off. This forum is for Desert Storm vets and people who would like to discuss that war.
USMC 1988-1992 0311/scout swimmer 3/3 Kilo co. Task Force Taro
Thomas2000
Recruit
Your Gulf War Unit: Please add your Unit

Post by Thomas2000 » Fri Apr 18, 2003 5:19 pm

Nope, not going to get me to reply the way I would like to either. As I recall it, America didn't have permission in WWII either, nor did we ask. Had it not been for America, what exactly would the German lifestyle today be?
But again, I am not getting into your issues.Goodbye.
"I do not know with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein
Marine grunt
Recruit

Post by Marine grunt » Fri Apr 18, 2003 5:36 pm

Let's discuss Germany's war crimes shall we?
Thomas2000
Recruit

Post by Thomas2000 » Fri Apr 18, 2003 6:41 pm

I would love to grunt, but let's let this end here and now. This kind of thing happened before, and the board was shut down. Let's stick to our cause, and ignore the trouble makers.
"I do not know with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein
Harvest
Recruit

Post by Harvest » Sat Apr 19, 2003 5:39 am

Marine grunt wrote:Let's discuss Germany's war crimes shall we?
Yes fine with me, but at least, we learned out of the mistakes we made. I cant say so from America... You guys are going on with it for years and years. So why you dont shut up and get your war criminals home. Thanks a lot
POW Germany
Marine grunt
Recruit

Post by Marine grunt » Sat Apr 19, 2003 4:46 pm

sounds like a good idea thomas. this is my last post on this useless subject :wink:
dave101tlhs
Recruit
Your Gulf War Unit: 101st Airborne Division

Lessons Learned?

Post by dave101tlhs » Sat Apr 19, 2003 6:14 pm

I see ignorance is not limited to only the French and Russians. Thanks to our "war criminals" holding the line against communism for all those decades you have a whole country again, Harvest. You're welcome.
dave101tlhs
Recruit

HOW DO YOU SAY "BACK PEDAL" IN GERMAN?

Post by dave101tlhs » Sat Apr 19, 2003 6:48 pm

April 19, 2003

BERLIN (Reuters) - German Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder said on Saturday he deeply regretted "exaggerated remarks" critical of U.S. moves against Iraq that soured his relations with President Bush.

In a further attempt to repair U.S.-German relations strained by his outspoken criticism, Schroeder said he was confident the dispute over Iraq would not cause long-term problems between the two countries.

"I deeply regret there were exaggerated comments -- also from cabinet members of my previous government," Schroeder told Der Spiegel magazine when asked if there were "grounds for self-criticism" for damage he caused to U.S.-German relations.

The declaration was the furthest Schroeder has gone in trying to mend fences with the U.S.

He and his center-left government had criticized U.S. steps against Iraq right up until the war started. In early April, Schroeder began making a slow retreat, saying for the first time he hoped U.S.-led forces would win the war quickly.

Last week he said: "It is always good for mankind when a dictator is removed."
Saskia
Soldier

Post by Saskia » Sun Apr 20, 2003 7:06 am

Guys,

I am not choosing side here because that's one thing that contributed to the fact that this site was closed. So let's stop it right here ok?
This is a place were everybody can and may sound his opinion but when you do so remeber that we all don't share the same opnion on things. Because of where we live, what we have done and what we have seen.
So I think everybody is entitled to have their own opinion and we all should respect that but there's an end to that. Try to remember that. You don't have to agree with something someone says, we all have different opinions, but it is not worth it to start a 'war'about it.
That's all I have to say about it.

Saskia
The history of man is the history of crimes, and history can repeat. So information is a defense. Through this we can build, we must build, a defense against repetition.
Simon Wiesenthal
dave101tlhs
Recruit

Post by dave101tlhs » Sun Apr 20, 2003 7:49 am

That will my last post on that particular thread, I'm a former member of several forums that have gone down the path where they are now nothing more than flame wars and no longer have anything to do with the subject they were created for. Its that reason that I'm a "former" member of those forums. Don't worry, I'm not that type of poster, for some reason I let it get the best of me this time. My apologies to the forum members, I won't allow myself to get sucked into the 'wars' again.

On to better things... Saskia, where in the Netherlands are you from, if you don't mind saying? Through my involvement with the 325th Glider Infantry Association and the 101st Airborne Association I've met many men who fought in the liberation of the Netherlands during W.W.II, and invariably they have spoken very highly of the citizens and the country.
Dave Bronson
101st Timeline Living History Society
http://www.101tlhs.org
troutster
Vet

Post by troutster » Sun Apr 20, 2003 12:50 pm

Since this is nowhere near the correct forum for this topic and this post is obviously just trolling for some hatred and anger, I think its safe to lock it, if nothing else then to avoid the problems we have had in the past.

Have a nice day. :wink: