Always Faithful

Please visit this area and participate in various diffrent topics of discussion.
AlwaysFaithful
Recruit

Always Faithful

Post by AlwaysFaithful » Tue Apr 01, 2003 12:46 pm

May we have a moment of your time to review Always Faithful. It’s a Memoir of the Gulf War is a thoughtful, moving account of a man's struggle to understand war in the desert and his duties to his men, his marriage, and himself. The book is a literary memoir carved from the author's experiences as a U.S. Marine during the ground assault of the 1991 Gulf War. As a war story, it doesn't deafen the reader with the sound of bullets ricocheting off an enemy machine-gun nest. Instead, it engages the reader with the struggle to understand courage, caring, fatherhood, and fidelity, all set against the harsh light of the unforgiving desert.

Chapters from the book were finalists in the Writer's Digest Personal Essay Contest, the Lone Mountain Writer's Contest, and The Loft Literary Center's Creative Non-Fiction Contest.

I am always open for discussion on my website.

You can view more information about this book at http://www.alwaysfaithful.com
troutster
Vet
Your Gulf War Unit: Please add your Unit

Post by troutster » Tue Apr 01, 2003 12:54 pm

Thanks for the information about your book.

Normally, I am not a big fan of someone coming to the forums, registering and advertisting something they are selling. But I'm sure that is not the case here. Im sure you will be active on the boards.

Your work most definetly sounds interesting. I have sent you a PM concerning a Desert-Storm.com review of your work.

Anyways, welcome to the Desert-Storm.com message boards! Nice to have you here! Hope to see you around!

Yours,
Scott
Marine grunt
Recruit
Your Gulf War Unit: 3/3 Kilo co. Task Force Taro

Post by Marine grunt » Sun Apr 06, 2003 11:12 am

I will have to check that out. Just bought a book named Jarhead by Anthony Swoffard the other day. Ill let ya know what I think of it. Tom
USMC 1988-1992 0311/scout swimmer 3/3 Kilo co. Task Force Taro
troutster
Vet
Your Gulf War Unit: Please add your Unit

Post by troutster » Mon Apr 07, 2003 12:14 pm

MarineGrunt,
I just read Swafford's book early in March. It's a very good read. The writing style, at least for me was a tad eclectic, but the story was there and made me not want to stop reading.

And about AlwaysFaithful, don't expect any replies. I would imagine this was just a "SPAM" message, or so it seems. They posted multiple dupes of the message in the other forums, and haven't responded to my emails/PMs. Seems they wanted the publicity, but not to participate.

Scott