Desert Storm Bar and Grille

Please visit this area and participate in various diffrent topics of discussion.
bilbo37
Good Soldiers Never Die
Your Gulf War Unit: 3rd Battalion (ATC), 58th Aviation

Post by bilbo37 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:21 am

rodneyw71 wrote:I take vitamins every morning,I take B-12 stress tabs, Citracal, One source mens vitamins. And usually atleast 4 Advil because I always have headaches.
Hey Rodney, do you have problems with your neck? Seriously.... I have a couple of compressed discs in my neck.. It usually doesn't bother unless I turn my head just the right way. But I constantly have head aches...
rodneyw71
Good Soldiers Never Die
Your Gulf War Unit: 354th TFW

Post by rodneyw71 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:45 am

Yes I do, I go to the Chiropractor about once a month, I just went last week, I was taking about 6 advil a day, he kept trying to get my neck to pop, crack or whatever he tries to do. I may have to switch Dr.'s and see if somebody else can help me.
Desert Storm, KFIA, Dec. '90- May '91
RAF Alconbury, UK. '90-'92
KI. Sawyer AFB, MI. '92
434th ARW/LRS, Grissom ARB, IN. 2007-Present
OIF 506th ELRS, Kirkuk, Iraq Sept. '09-Jan. '10
bilbo37
Good Soldiers Never Die

Post by bilbo37 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:18 am

rodneyw71 wrote:Yes I do, I go to the Chiropractor about once a month, I just went last week, I was taking about 6 advil a day, he kept trying to get my neck to pop, crack or whatever he tries to do. I may have to switch Dr.'s and see if somebody else can help me.
I think that(IMHO) maybe you should have an xray done to see what there is to see.. A back cracker is only going to do so much... If you are taking that many pills, then it is either stress, or discs...
SaucyWench
Lifer
Your Gulf War Unit: "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!"

Post by SaucyWench » Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:18 pm

rodneyw71 wrote:Yes I do, I go to the Chiropractor about once a month, I just went last week, I was taking about 6 advil a day, he kept trying to get my neck to pop, crack or whatever he tries to do. I may have to switch Dr.'s and see if somebody else can help me.
You might try to look for a practitioner of orthobionomy in your area.

http://www.ortho-bionomy.org/

It's alternative, and hard to describe, but I firmly believe in it!
rodneyw71
Good Soldiers Never Die

Post by rodneyw71 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:15 pm

DangerForward121 wrote:
You might try to look for a practitioner of orthobionomy in your area.

http://www.ortho-bionomy.org/

It's alternative, and hard to describe, but I firmly believe in it!
A friend of mine had a race track in his back yard, we actually raced stock cars on a nice dirt track. Well I spun and got hit hard, and got a mild case of wiplash, I couldn't move my neck at all, so I went to a Massage parlor and the lady worked on my neck for about an hour and I felt somewhat better, ever since then I have had problems. After that I wore a neck brace when I raced.
KI. Sawyer AFB, MI. '92
bilbo37
Good Soldiers Never Die

Post by bilbo37 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:10 pm

That might be doing it...
SaucyWench
Lifer

Post by SaucyWench » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:06 pm

I wiped out Christopher Reeve style http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Reeve#Injury, more than likely broke several ribs and did something to my spine... for well over a year, I couldn't stand for a length of time or sit for a length of time, and my back felt wet and cold right in the middle. During that wreck, I also flipped over a barbed wire fence, slicing my legs up pretty badly. I went right to this guy who does ortho-bionomy work, and he did some kind of "energy work" on my legs, and they never did scar; they healed in 3-4 days. The whole back/ alignment thing has taken over a year (almost two now) to work through, but I call it nothing short of a miracle what he did.
rodneyw71
Good Soldiers Never Die

Post by rodneyw71 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:10 pm

Is that you on your Avitar?
KI. Sawyer AFB, MI. '92
SaucyWench
Lifer

Post by SaucyWench » Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:23 pm

No, just thought it was a cool pic. 8)
bilbo37
Good Soldiers Never Die

Post by bilbo37 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:42 am

Morning Everyone.. Monday again........
Dagger X-Ray
Good Soldiers Never Die
Your Gulf War Unit: 2nd Brigade 1st Infantry Division

Post by Dagger X-Ray » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:09 am

bilbo37 wrote:Morning Everyone.. Monday again........
Why ya gotta remind me?

It already started bad with Walmart screwing me on some tires, their .com allowed me to order and purchase tires and when they shipped and showed at the store for me to have installed, they said "NO" because that size did not come stock on the truck per their book and my door placard. I told them that size was part of the performance package that came on the truck (perf. package gave me wider rims and a beefier tire) and that I had the window sticker to prove it but they said if their book don't say that size then they can't install it for liability reasons...and it took them 50 minutes to tell me that and I was the 2nd person there this morning at 7am.

So I had to go to Tire Kingdom where I have to pay $40 more.

I hope this week only gets better.
Dagger X-Ray - ARMY
(12/91 - present) - miss the service
(9/90 - 12/91) 2nd Bde 1st Infantry Division - Desert Shield / Desert Storm Combat VET
(9/88 - 9/90) C-17th Signal Battalion of 22nd Signal Brigade - Sachsenhausen Bar Scene VET
(4/88 - 9/88) AIT Fort Gordon, Ga
(12/87 - 3/88) Basic Training Fort Jackson, SC
"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-George Orwell
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."
- General George Patton
bilbo37
Good Soldiers Never Die

Post by bilbo37 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:10 pm

Did they give you any problem with refunding your money?

I hope not.. If they were that worried about it then they should have seen if there was an addendum that would allow them to put them on the truck..

Maybe they should have their website changed to show what tires they will install on a vehicle...

I know that With Sears, you tell them what kind of vehicle you have and they will tell you what kind of tires they have to put on it..

I think that I would be making some serious calls about that crap..
Dagger X-Ray
Good Soldiers Never Die
Your Gulf War Unit: 2nd Brigade 1st Infantry Division

Post by Dagger X-Ray » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:04 pm

Fight corporate WalmArt over 2 tires? Thats like pissing in the ocean and hoping you'll change the water level.

Their screwing on 2 tires caused me to drop $492 for all 4 tires at Tire Kigdom instead of 2 now and 2 more in a week from WalMart. They lost a nice sale in my opinion.

I'm not gonna mess with them over it but that store will never get my automotive business again. The tire size was 1 size wider than the largest tire on their list and they wanted to give me problems over that? I am sure it cost them chump-change to ship them here but now they gotta sell those tires to someone else who happens to need that size tire. Next time I am at that store, I might stop in and just ask some questions about it though. Maybe tell them how screwed up I think it is to let me order them in the first place, then get to the point, a week and a half later, of coming in for the install before telling me its a problem and how I plan to tell everyone I know about my experience and that I also know that word of mouth is a b!^%& and how I love to talk. Might affect WalMart a % of a penny somewhere down the line but at least I will feel better.
Dagger X-Ray - ARMY
(12/91 - present) - miss the service
(9/90 - 12/91) 2nd Bde 1st Infantry Division - Desert Shield / Desert Storm Combat VET
(9/88 - 9/90) C-17th Signal Battalion of 22nd Signal Brigade - Sachsenhausen Bar Scene VET
(4/88 - 9/88) AIT Fort Gordon, Ga
(12/87 - 3/88) Basic Training Fort Jackson, SC
"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-George Orwell
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."
- General George Patton
bilbo37
Good Soldiers Never Die

Post by bilbo37 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:32 pm

I think that you would be better off writing a letter, getting ahold of the store manager there and tell him/her what happened and what you did to get your tires..

I know that I would.. I had a similar situation with some furniture from a good sized chain. Well, put it simply, after writing emails and such, I did get satisfaction out of it and I will not go back there again..

They have my letter to prove that.. I have told a lot of people in the area that were looking ofr stuff. Well, It might not have hurt them a ton, but those sales people work on commission.. :lol:
SaucyWench
Lifer

Post by SaucyWench » Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:20 pm

Dagger X-Ray wrote:$492 for all 4 tires at Tire Kigdom .
Would it make you feel better to know that tyres for my rig are $160and I have to buy 6 at a time? :?
Last edited by SaucyWench on Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.